the mike pence effect

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Momorider said:

:lies: nobody as closed minded and gullibly stupid as you has lived anywhere but his moms basement his entire life, YOU ARE A MASSIVE LYING FUCKING FRAUD :finger: 

:chomp:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hayward said:

Yeah it is still rather quiet up around you.  We're the same way we'd like to go upstate NY also, but the markets up there are lacking as far as hay goes, and their property taxes are nothing to sneeze at either.  Plus the farms aren't as cheap as they were 15 years ago as well.

You close to the beach lake area? 

I'm about 6 miles north west, just outside of Honesdale and before Bethany.  Taxes vary greatly from county to county and the prices have gone up a lot, many Amish buying up old farms. A guy I went to school with sells hay I think mostly to mushroom farms he cuts hay all over the area. 

7 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

I dunno how anyone can live in the same place all their lives. some I know are even in the same house. how boring.

all depends on your life . I moved all the time as a kid . lived all over the country  in my late teens and 20s .have been in the same house I bought to flip 18yrs ago u cant pay me to move again . the grass really is never greener . I have well paying standing offers in LA and Arvada with regular calls asking if I am ready yet not really in to it .only reason I lightly fantasize about Arvada is the proximity of good snow . 15yrs ago I would have done it now not really interested  

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Anything east of the missouri river sucks.  Living in indiana and dreaming of living in minnesota is somebody that is pretty sheltered throughout their life and has no idea whats out there.

Living in or near the mountains is awesome don't get me wrong but there's plenty east of the Missouri river that don't suck. Besides Nebraska is west of the Missouri :lol:

12 hours ago, 1jkw said:

I'm about 6 miles north west, just outside of Honesdale and before Bethany.  Taxes vary greatly from county to county and the prices have gone up a lot, many Amish buying up old farms. A guy I went to school with sells hay I think mostly to mushroom farms he cuts hay all over the area. 

guy from up there is our main shavings supplier.  You saying the Amish bought stuff around you or in upstate NY?  I see they've been in NY more and more over the past 10-15 years, but rumors keep flying that they aren't staying because of the short growing season.  Their places look rather rough up there compared to PA.  I don't think they're lighting the world on fire like they do down here in our state.

6 minutes ago, hayward said:

guy from up there is our main shavings supplier.  You saying the Amish bought stuff around you or in upstate NY?  I see they've been in NY more and more over the past 10-15 years, but rumors keep flying that they aren't staying because of the short growing season.  Their places look rather rough up there compared to PA.  I don't think they're lighting the world on fire like they do down here in our state.

Upstate NY, we have a small Mennonite population around here, no Amish. They are for the most part the poorer Amish from what I know, but they also don't do a lot of fixing up do to the taxes, and they buy old farms that have been abandoned for years. We are friends with one Amish family near the ADK's, very nice humble, hard working people who are just happy to grow their own food and do enough outside work to pay their taxes, seemingly very happy with none of the modern thing we take for granted.