the mike pence effect

I'm not really exposed to most of Indiana's population as I live 10 miles south of the MI border. My little Northeast corner of Indiana here is pretty nice but its a lot of vacation lake places and people and the steel industry is big here so there is a lot of money.

As far as the people they are pretty nice here but uneducated and extremely right wing to the point its nauseating.

All in all I will have appreciated my time here and the experience of moving and starting a life in a new place but I cant fucking wait to get an opportunity to go home

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I'm not really exposed to most of Indiana's population as I live 10 miles south of the MI border. My little Northeast corner of Indiana here is pretty nice but its a lot of vacation lake places and people and the steel industry is big here so there is a lot of money.

As far as the people they are pretty nice here but uneducated and extremely right wing to the point its nauseating.

All in all I will have appreciated my time here and the experience of moving and starting a life in a new place but I cant fucking wait to get an opportunity to go home

I dunno how anyone can live in the same place all their lives. some I know are even in the same house. how boring.

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I dunno how anyone can live in the same place all their lives. some I know are even in the same house. how boring.

If I didnt have so many close friends and wasnt so close to my family I would have no issue living away from my home

Just now, f7ben said:

If I didnt have so many close friends and wasnt so close to my family I would have no issue living away from my home

you make new ones, they visit, you visit. I've moved around all my life so maybe I'm just more used to it. I bet I've lived in 20 different places, including Europe for 4 years.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Same with me, if it wasn't for family and friends I would have no issue moving.

Just now, Snoslinger said:

you make new ones, they visit, you visit. I've moved around all my life so maybe I'm just more used to it. I bet I've lived in 20 different places, including Europe for 4 years.

No , I have a group of friends that I have been with since preschool. We hung out every week , all had kids at the same time etc etc......I cant stand all the stuff I am missing out on.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

there's advantages and disadvantages. but when i visit my home town i'm so fucking happy that i moved on. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

there's advantages and disadvantages. but when i visit my home town i'm so fucking happy that i moved on. 

yeah the place I spent the most time, in PA, seems so fucking dead and backwards we hate going there to visit family.

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I'm sure they feel the same way.

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Same thing where I grew up. I'm only 100 miles away from there now but the people here get a good mix of liberal bullshit from the University and the conservative bullshit from the fact that at the end of the day it's still a rural area. 

2 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Same with me, if it wasn't for family and friends I would have no issue moving.

Same here.  This "home" has been turned into a shithole over the last 25 years.  The current populace around here now is out of their freakin minds.

4 minutes ago, hayward said:

Same here.  This "home" has been turned into a shithole over the last 25 years.  The current populace around here now is out of their freakin minds.

Our area is still pretty nice, I would like to live upstate NY or somewhere that gets decent snow.

37 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Our area is still pretty nice, I would like to live upstate NY or somewhere that gets decent snow.

Yeah it is still rather quiet up around you.  We're the same way we'd like to go upstate NY also, but the markets up there are lacking as far as hay goes, and their property taxes are nothing to sneeze at either.  Plus the farms aren't as cheap as they were 15 years ago as well.

You close to the beach lake area? 

3 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

:lies: nobody as closed minded and gullibly stupid as you has lived anywhere but his moms basement his entire life, YOU ARE A MASSIVE LYING FUCKING FRAUD :finger: 

1 minute ago, Momorider said:

:lies: nobody as closed minded and gullibly stupid as you has lived anywhere but his moms basement his entire life, YOU ARE A MASSIVE LYING FUCKING FRAUD :finger: 

:projection: