Strong dollor or weak dollar?

Too many variables and criteria. Good in some aspects bad in others. There isn't a cut and dry answer. You want to understand it. Go back to school and study economics. If you're producing a product made from domestic materials and exporting that product a low $ value is a positive since the sale price of your product will be more attractive on the international markets. If you're buying your raw materials offshore to make your product it really depends on what portion of the cost to make the end product the raw materials represent as you would be paying more for the raw materials with a lower value $. With a higher value $ consumers would have greater purchasing power on imported products.

Like I said go study economics and look at things like GDP, GDP to debt ratio, balance of trade and so many other criteria. People spend about 4 years in school to study and understand economics and part of that is the effect of the exchange rate.

Edited by 02sled

9 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol: not sure if I believe this story, mc. almost seems like a set-up, either for the media, or to reveal the leaker w/in the admin.

Just read where its been confirmed by Flynn himself. Shhhhhh

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Just read where its been confirmed by Flynn himself. Shhhhhh

and why would Flynn be making those statements? furthermore, trump is a business man who's dealt with international businesses for years. I'm sure he knows the pros and cons of weak or strong dollars. this has BS written all over it man. be careful with this crap, it's what they want to happen.

Edited by Snoslinger

Just now, Snoslinger said:

and why would Flynn be making those statements? furthermore, trump is a business man who's dealt with international businesses for years. I'm sure he knows the pros and cons of weak or strong dollars. this has BS written all over it man.

Oh it does but its not really unbelievable these days

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

and why would Flynn be making those statements? furthermore, trump is a business man who's dealt with international businesses for years. I'm sure he knows the pros and cons of weak or strong dollars. this has BS written all over it man.

But he read it on the internet...

Stupid question. Strong dollar is good for buying power but sucks for exports if it's to high. When the Canadian dollar was high it made for some cheaper products that are imported and oil production took a big jump. But manufacturing took a big hit.