"You want to be a legitimate president?. . .

VoteVets calls out President Trump by name in new ad: "You want to be a legitimate president?. . .

Source: Salon

VoteVets calls out President Trump by name in new ad: “You want to be a legitimate president? Then act like one”

The ad blasted Trump for his actions on immigration and health care

MATTHEW ROZSA

VoteVets.org, a group that focuses on “matters including, but not limited to, foreign policy, energy security, veterans’ unemployment, and opening military service to life-long Americans born to undocumented immigrants, as well as continued investment in care for veterans,” released an ad on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” on Monday that calls out President Donald Trump by name.

The 30-second spot shows a veteran lifting weights while the camera slowly pans back to reveal that he only has one leg. After denouncing Trump’s positions on repealing the Affordable Care Act, which could hurt veterans, as well as his ban on Muslim immigration, the ad closes by calling out Trump on one of his biggest fears.

“You want to be a legitimate president, sir?” the narrator challenges. “Then act like one.”

The concerns about repealing the Affordable Care Act include that it will toss veterans who aren’t eligible for medical care under the Department of Veterans Affairs off of any form of health insurance. Similarly, because the ACA required insurance companies to include mental health coverage in all of their plans, repealing the ACA risks making it so that veterans with mental health issues (a common problem within that community) won’t be able to receive the assistance they need.

Read more: http://www.salon.com/2017/02/06/votevets-calls-out-president-trump-by-name-you-want-to-be-a-legitimate-president-then-act-like-one/

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

It was an actual commercial you dumb assed knuckledragger

You honestly think Hillary would have had any less people against her?   :lol:  

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Mainecat said:

Hillary didnt win the election. Trump did hes all yours.

I'll take him over Hillary and guess what, Trumps your President too.   I didn't care for Obama's policies but he was my POTUS whether I voted for him or not.  

I don't like the fact that the commercial hints towards Vets not being eligible for Va benefits.   Basically if they served their 2 year requirement without being dishonorably discharged they are eligible.  The temporary muslim ban.....well the majority of Americans agree with it.  

https://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/apply/veterans.asp

2 hours ago, Dave said:

Listen to you...you were just as bad when Obama was running the show.... 

Big difference being Barry is the worst POTUS in history and has a record of complete and total failure :guzzle: 

10 hours ago, Dave said:

Listen to you...you were just as bad when Obama was running the show.... 

I didn't start 15 hack threads a day for months on end like MC does.  Try using your head for more than a hat rack for a change, Saskatoon n2oiroc.

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I didn't start 15 hack threads a day for months on end like MC does.  Try using your head for more than a hat rack for a change, Saskatoon n2oiroc.

He really has gone off the deep end with this. He needs a good cigar, some cognac and a break! :bc:

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Try again.....I come out of my house in the daytime. :lol: