little bit of heaven

1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

Unloaded at Fair Haven state park, shit was pretty fuckin deep in spots lots of water holes but managed to clock 70 miles, would have been more had we not agreed to ride with the "duct tape crew"

You head south out of there or north toward Mexico?

4 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

My buddy just texted and I believe he is up riding somewhere near Munising.....all he said was ridiculous and epic. :lol:

My buddy from work is up at his place in Paradise.  He said there's a few bad spots where they're logging. Other than than that he said the snow has been really good, but it's mega crowded  

On 2/3/2017 at 2:29 PM, Skidooski said:

I just read some on the eastern u.p. and some gates closed but didn't see all trails closed. Next weekend will be fine 

Rolled 221 easy miles today, Iron Mountain, Florence WI, Kenton, Sidnaw, it's all good :thumb:  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

My buddy from work is up at his place in Paradise.  He said there's a few bad spots where they're logging. Other than than that he said the snow has been really good, but it's mega crowded  

Most places are busy on the weekends. I took a couple fridays off and a Monday and Tuesday and those were the best riding days for me this year. 

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

Most places are busy on the weekends. I took a couple fridays off and a Monday and Tuesday and those were the best riding days for me this year. 

Fridays tend to be busy around here. Best days to ride are Tuesday-Thursday :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Yeah I can imagine.....I think my buddy was strictly off trail but not sure. :bc:

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

Really?  I never would have guessed that? :dunno::lol::lmao:  Sunday mid afternoon thru Thru are the best days to ride.  Trails are usually flat and fast 

57 minutes ago, ckf said:

Fridays tend to be busy around here. Best days to ride are Tuesday-Thursday :bc:

See above 

51 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Yeah I can imagine.....I think my buddy was strictly off trail but not sure. :bc:

Snow in the Lower not being that good always affects the UP traffic when they have better snow.  I just wanted to throw that out there before edmo does :lol::lmao:

:news:

1 minute ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

See above 

Sundays are better than Saturdays around here for sure. Mondays are hit and miss depending on your route, usually all of the trails are recovered from the weekend traffic by Tuesday :bc:

5 minutes ago, ckf said:

Sundays are better than Saturdays around here for sure. Mondays are hit and miss depending on your route, usually all of the trails are recovered from the weekend traffic by Tuesday :bc:

Friday, Saturday and sometimes thru lunch Sunday are heavy traffic in MI.  Always see trailers going N when you're heading home S on I-75 on Sundays 

On 2/3/2017 at 3:25 PM, Kivalo said:

Tug Hill is a straight shit show on the weekends, especially when there is little to no snow south of there.

We rode there for a number of years....on the weekends it felt like you were in a race all weekend, pass or be passed...trails all shelled out.  And every swinging dick with a 10" riser in NY, all crammed into one riding area. :lol:  They do get crazy amounts of snow though.

On 2/3/2017 at 3:33 PM, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Which is why I said I've heard it's just like Cadillac and Gaylord in the weekends.  I'll drive to the Western UP 9+ hours before I'll ride in Cadillac or Gaylord on a weekend.  Complete cluster fuck.

Seems it was you who brought up how busy it was on the weekend. :dunno: 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

We rode there for a number of years....on the weekends it felt like you were in a race all weekend, pass or be passed...trails all shelled out.  And every swinging dick with a 10" riser in NY, all crammed into one riding area. :lol:  They do get crazy amounts of snow though.

only time we go up on a weekend is out of desperation other wise mid week for sure. 1 town got 109" in the last week with 248"for the season and asked riders to take a week off so they could get roads plowed

9 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Rolled 221 easy miles today, Iron Mountain, Florence WI, Kenton, Sidnaw, it's all good :thumb:  

Did you ride 107 into Kenton? I love that trail. To bad it tees into RR grades on each end.

17 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

only time we go up on a weekend is out of desperation other wise mid week for sure. 1 town got 109" in the last week with 248"for the season and asked riders to take a week off so they could get roads plowed

For sure way better during the week.  I had some cool pics on my old computer before the hard drive crashed, just the tops of street signs sticking out of the snow, like a tee box marker on the golf course :lol: 

On 2/5/2017 at 10:17 AM, Woodtick said:

Did you ride 107 into Kenton? I love that trail. To bad it tees into RR grades on each end.

107 into Kenton for a burger and beer at Hoppy's, then stopped in Sidnaw for fuel and refreshment, then we took 15 south back to 2, dinner at 9:45 in Florence, back in Iron Mountain just before midnight.

Saturday was a sleep in day so it was a late start at 11:30, but who gives a fuck when when it's snowing all day, the trails are mint and you really don't have anywhere to be:bc: 

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 4:58 PM, Angry ginger said:

free weekends need to stop,  except for quebecs.  fucking flatlander invasion last weekend tearing up the trails without paying.  no on uses the free wekend to go to NH everyone uses it to go to maine.  

Truth....Millinocket was trashed that weekend. It's was good for the hotels and restaurants, the good with the bad. This weekend the trails were great!

40 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

107 into Kenton for a burger and beer at Hoppy's, then stopped in Sidnaw for fuel and refreshment, then we took 15 south back to 2, dinner at 9:45 in Florence, back in Iron Mountain just before midnight.

Saturday was a sleep in day so it was a late start at 11:30, but who gives a fuck when when it's snowing all day, the trails are mint and you really don't have anywhere to be:bc: 

They have good food across the street at UP Chucks.  Im burned out on Sloppy Hoppy's. The Pizza at UP Chucks is very good. :bc:

went back up to Fair Haven SP again today and squeeked another 70 miles on for a total of 200 for this dismal season, on a bright note I FINALLY hit 1000 miles on new sled, only took 2 1/2 seasons>:(

IMG_20150103_102137.jpg

• Like 2

• Gold Member
54 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

went back up to Fair Haven SP again today and squeeked another 70 miles on for a total of 200 for this dismal season, on a bright note I FINALLY hit 1000 miles on new sled, only took 2 1/2 seasons>:(

IMG_20150103_102137.jpg

Damn! What is there like 4 inches? Fuck that sucks!

it was  about a ft there trails packed, much better than Sat, just sucks not being able to ride from home, looking like we are going to head for the hill this weekend. got rain in the forecast the next 3 days going to kill what we got here

4 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Damn! What is there like 4 inches? Fuck that sucks!

2 hours ago, Woodtick said:

They have good food across the street at UP Chucks.  Im burned out on Sloppy Hoppy's. The Pizza at UP Chucks is very good. :bc:

The last couple of times I've been up that way I've ate at UP Chucks so it was time for a change :bc: 

The owners of UP Chucks are very nice people :thumb: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

IMG_20150103_102137.jpg

Hit up the hill, we clipped 120MI in 3 hours,..no water holes,..Happy Valley is pristine, best I have seen it in years,..all the way up to Barnes cornrows pretty much mint