Apple

15 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

I have stock in this country my friend, Some of it is in Apple.

Buying a phone does not count.  Invest $100k or more and see that go to under $90k while waving the American flag and then let's talk.

37 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Buying a phone does not count.  Invest $100k or more and see that go to under $90k while waving the American flag and then let's talk.

I have a old lg flip.  Wife has a Galaxy something smartphone.

I have some Apple in a few diff mutual funds.

BTW,I think LG is made in S.Korea..least they are a ally.

Edited by Capt.Storm

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

BTW I see for you buying the apple phone te cheapest you can is very important..heaven forbid if it cost another 100 bucks or so.

10 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

BTW I see for you buying the apple phone te cheapest you can is very important..heaven forbid if it cost another 100 bucks or so.

I don't buy Crapple products and I could care even less about its stock price or net profit.

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I don't buy Crapple products and I could care even less about its stock price or net profit.

Wow are you backpedaling now?

Oh and btw..it's couldn't ...otherwise you "could" care less.

Edited by Capt.Storm

1 hour ago, Capt.Storm said:

Move to the US then you can have a valid opinion on apple and how it is or isn't fawking this country.

You seem to miss the fact that Apple shares trade on all the major stock exchanges around the globe. While the corporate office is based in the U.S. It is a global company with separate legal Apple companies in almost every country around the world. There is Apple Canada, a legally registered Canadian company, Australia, Germany etc. Apple is taking care of its shareholders who are the owners of the business and if they don't like the way the business is run the shareholders can vote out the executive and replace them.

Just now, 02sled said:

You seem to miss the fact that Apple shares trade on all the major stock exchanges around the globe. While the corporate office is based in the U.S. It is a global company with separate legal Apple companies in almost every country around the world. There is Apple Canada, a legally registered Canadian company, Australia, Germany etc. Apple is taking care of its shareholders who are the owners of the business and if they don't like the way the business is run the shareholders can vote out the executive and replace them.

Shareholders are getting pissy..want me to put up a link or can you google it yourself?

1 minute ago, Capt.Storm said:

Shareholders are getting pissy..want me to put up a link or can you google it yourself?

Bottom line... everyone who owns a voting share in Apple has a say in the way the business is run. If they collectively don't like the direction it is getting they can replace the senior leadership.

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

Bottom line... everyone who owns a voting share in Apple has a say in the way the business is run. If they collectively don't like the direction it is getting they can replace the senior leadership.

My bottom line is they sold  out the U.S. workforce.

I'm not missing the fact that they started out in the US..unless you can prove me wrong.

They may have started out in the U.S. but that is irrelevant in a market where you compete globally... Particularly the technology field. U.S. didn't lose to China in manufacturing.... they handed the business to China on a silver platter by costing business too much more to produce the product.

Just now, 02sled said:

They may have started out in the U.S. but that is irrelevant in a market where you compete globally... Particularly the technology field. U.S. didn't lose to China in manufacturing.... they handed the business to China on a silver platter by costing business too much more to produce the product.

A big example as to why the fair trade deal is not so fair eh?

2 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

My bottom line is they sold  out the U.S. workforce.

They didn't sell out anyone... they have done what they and every other business will do. Take care of the shareholders who own the business. Their allegiance belongs to the shareholders and no one else. Picture yourself as a voting shareholder of Apple. The company tells you that they will give you perhaps 50% less of a return on your investment because they are going to pay much more to make their product than they have to. How happy would you be? Something tells me you would want the more money in YOUR pocket.

Edited by 02sled

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

They didn't sell out anyone... they have done what they and every other business will do. Take care of the shareholders who own the business. Their allegiance belongs to the shareholders and no one else.

They could have had at least tried to make it here first.

They could have done it.

The shareholders are biased to say the least on how much money apple makes ..as in where they make it.

Edited by Capt.Storm

They could have art least tried to do it here first.

They could have done it.

The shareholders are biased to say the least on how much money apple makes ..as in where they make it.

Of course the shareholders want to make as much money as they can.... duh! That's the free enterprise, capitalist system.

1 hour ago, Capt.Storm said:

Wow are you backpedaling now?

Oh and btw..it's couldn't ...otherwise you "could" care less.

Who is backpedaling, I have stated I am not a fan of Apple or their products, in fact I think Apple users are a special kind of stupid, but irregardless, the company and its performance, balance sheet is another thing altogether.  That being said they are a global company and do not owe the USA anything, they are free to pick up and go wherever they wish, just ask the owners of the company.

40 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

What would you say if gm ,ford and the rest of them move all of their manufacturing out of the US?

What manufacturing did Apple ever do in the USA?  Serious question, I really do not know.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Who is backpedaling, I have stated I am not a fan of Apple or their products, in fact I think Apple users are a special kind of stupid, but irregardless, the company and its performance, balance sheet is another thing altogether.  That being said they are a global company and do not owe the USA anything, they are free to pick up and go wherever they wish, just ask the owners of the company.

You just don't get it.

No sense me trying anymore.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

What manufacturing did Apple ever do in the USA?  Serious question, I really do not know.

I don't think they did any..maybe apple puter.

But that doesn't mean they couldn't have tried first or at the very least set up some manufacturing here for crying out out loud.

There is this from 2013,

"" style="vertical-align: bottom; border: 0px;">

Phil Schiller showing off the Mac Pro. Phil Schiller showing off the Mac Pro.James Martin/CNET

A Mac Pro manufactured in the US? Color me unimpressed.

Apple CEO Tim Cook made some waves in December when he said the company would pour $100 million into a manufacturing facility in the US to manufacture some Macs. It was unclear until yesterday just which Mac would get the "Made In USA" treatment.

"It will happen in 2013," he said in an interview withBloomberg back in December. "We're really proud of it. We could have quickly maybe done just assembly, but it's broader because we wanted to do something more substantial."

I'm not sure if the Mac Pro would fall under the definition of substantial. As the announcement was largely seen as a move to counter the criticism it leaned too heavily on outsourced production (which is actually true of virtually all tech companies), the cynic in me can't help but to think that having the Mac Pro made in the US is largely a token gesture with little impact on the larger company.

"Given the limited production volumes of the Mac Pro, and the overall cost, the 'Made in the USA' label gives them a good marketing piece, while making good business sense," said Andrew Rassweiler for research firm IHS who covers supply chains.

Apple doesn't break out the sales of individual products within the Mac family, but the ultra high-end Mac Pro -- made more for video editors and other industry professionals -- has always been a niche product. Just look at the overall Mac sales, which in the last quarter fell to 3.8 million, down 200,000 from a year ago.

While not specifically disclosed, it's clear a vast majority of those sales were made up of its more popular MacBook line, whether it's the slimmer MacBook Air or the higher end MacBook Pro laptops. Another large chunk is made up from its iMac desktop model, as well as the Mac Mini.

Somewhere in there is a teeny, tiny slice that is the Mac Pro.

So it's not exactly jaw-dropping that Apple is assembling the $3,000 Mac Pro in the US, no matter how cool the promotional video looks.

A majority of the increase in cost would come from the higher pay Apple must dole out to US workers, according to Rassweiler. He noted that it would only contribute to a minor bump in the cost of the device, partly because the assembly work largely consists of putting together semi-finished assemblies into an enclosure, which doesn't require a lot of "human cycle time." A lot of the most labor-intensive parts would go through an automated line, he added.

What would be impressive is if Apple started putting its manufacturing facility to work building iPhones and iPads. But that is unlikely because the volume demand is so high. For orders that large, Apple would still need to go back to China and its specialized manufacturing partners.

Looking at the Mac Pro experiment, I can't help but to draw comparisons to Motorola Mobility's similarly ambitious plans to build phones in the US. Motorola earlier in the year hired 2,000 people in a 480,000 square-foot facility in Ft. Worth, Texas, to build customizable smartphones here.

The challenges of increasing production in a new facility was evident, with the company confirming in September that it was producing only 100,000 phones a week. Motorola continues to be a drag on Google, posting an operating loss of $248 million in the last quarter.

Still, it represents an earnest effort to actually shake things up with its core smartphone line.

The Mac Pro does not.