Check your account email address ×

wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:58 PM, f7ben said:

Neal is a sharp guy and a bit of an electronics nerd.....its embarrassing for me as an electrician and someone who went to school for automation to get schooled by him :lol: I tested into semiconductors 3 at the last college I went to but that been about two decades ago 

Now you know how Zam felt in the evolution debate.

Well....the main bearing gear that rides inside the planetary is toast. Felt ok when I pulled that whole gear set but when removed the main gear the bearing fell apart. 

29 minutes ago, f7ben said:

This DD has 4300 miles on it and it has never been opened up. Still had the factory gasket. I would assume the fluid has been changed a few times.

You should always remove and disassemble a DD when changing fluid. The fluid that came out of this one looked like it had a handful of silver pulverized glitter mixed in. Just a few pieces of case casting burrs or a chunk of thread from the fill plug or whatever getting turned into paste in the fluid over time. Not ideal for the bearings.

The bearings in this one however are still in great shape so its flush it several times.....blow it all out really well and then reassemble. Also Cat can stick their DD fluid right up their faggot ass. My cases will get a good synthetic gear lube and that will be perfect. 

If you forget to put the fluid back in it will only go for about 25 miles before all of those parts in there turn into dust and the sled stops moving .  :bc:

2 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

If you forget to put the fluid back in it will only go for about 25 miles before all of those parts in there turn into dust and the sled stops moving .  :bc:

Wait....tell us how you know this !!!!!!111111

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well....the main bearing gear that rides inside the planetary is toast. Felt ok when I pulled that whole gear set but when removed the main gear the bearing fell apart. 

Pulling a chaincase apart or in your case a DD, new bearings should always be put in, why chance it. Did you ever consider using ceramic bearings, I've heard some nice things about them, pricey though.

Just now, snoughnut said:

Pulling a chaincase apart or in your case a DD, new bearings should always be put in, why chance it. Did you ever consider using ceramic bearings, I've heard some nice things about them, pricey though.

I would normally agree but since its only a 5 minute job to pull this out I will just replace as needed and keep the fluid changed in short intervals as standard PM. This sled will only see 500-750 miles per year so it will be out and disassembled far more often than typical 

45 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Wait....tell us how you know this !!!!!!111111

Oh , and all that shit costs about 600 bucks too . And you have to borrow some kids red plastic toboggan to drag the fuckin hunkoshit out of the woods

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Oh , and all that shit costs about 600 bucks too . And you have to borrow some kids red plastic toboggan to drag the fuckin hunkoshit out of the woods

:lol: 

1 hour ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

56 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Amazing the problems created by a small case of amnesia. :lmao::bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Man.....is this whole forum filled with Snowriders? You guys all drop your sleds off at the dealer for summer maintenance ?????

Fuck no....going to pull the skid soon and send all 4 shocks in for a rebuild. Thinking about powder coating The A arms as well as they look a little rough. Also bought a front bumper that I have to install.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Fuck no....going to pull the skid soon and send all 4 shocks in for a rebuild. Thinking about powder coating The A arms as well as they look a little rough. Also bought a front bumper that I have to install.

Nice....who you gonna have do the shocks?

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Man.....is this whole forum filled with Snowriders? You guys all drop your sleds off at the dealer for summer maintenance ?????

Yep . Dropped mine off there a few months ago for a new tunnel . I should probly call and find out what's up come to think of it .   :bc:

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, f7ben said:

Bunch of aristocrats here ya know that eh...

• 1 month later...

Finished up both Diamond Drive units today. Changed bearing in the CFR one and just flushed the turbo and reassembled. I flushed them with diesel. Ran them for a few minutes on the drill and dumped diesel out. Then I filled with some Synthetic ATF and ran them on the drill and then dumped that out. Then I filled them with Syn ATF and called them good.

Fuck cat and their retarded DD oil. 

As a side note it has been a long time since I have had a DD off a cat sled. I forgot to loosen up the track when I was pulling them. They were a bit of a pain to get out. With the track tight there is no way to get the to go back in. Loosen up the track and they slide right back in place. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Finished up both Diamond Drive units today. Changed bearing in the CFR one and just flushed the turbo and reassembled. I flushed them with diesel. Ran them for a few minutes on the drill and dumped diesel out. Then I filled with some Synthetic ATF and ran them on the drill and then dumped that out. Then I filled them with Syn ATF and called them good.

Fuck cat and their retarded DD oil. 

As a side note it has been a long time since I have had a DD off a cat sled. I forgot to loosen up the track when I was pulling them. They were a bit of a pain to get out. With the track tight there is no way to get the to go back in. Loosen up the track and they slide right back in place. 

They are nice for changing tracks with.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

They are nice for changing tracks with.  

Very simple setups. Its really too bad they couldnt get the trail and hyper sled clutching figured out sooner. It really hurt the DD reputation. Basically the 04zr9 and 05 f7 killed the DD

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Very simple setups. Its really too bad they couldnt get the trail and hyper sled clutching figured out sooner. It really hurt the DD reputation. Basically the 04zr9 and 05 f7 killed the DD

I had the janky F6 EXT reading 106 on the speedo and the 06 F6 reading 98 or 99 with a track full of studs. 

So what is that, somewhere between 90-95mph?

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I had the janky F6 EXT reading 106 on the speedo and the 06 F6 reading 98 or 99 with a track full of studs. 

So what is that, somewhere between 90-95mph?

The cat speedo's are spot on more times than not.

• 1 month later...

Slowly gettin' down to the nitty gritty.  Gonna add a few items...and a few more i haven't planned on adding I'm sure.  Shocks out and gettin' revalved this week.  Plenty to fart around with waiting on the snow. Still gotta pull the tank and convert it to get a few more gallons and figure out what, if anything, I'm gonna do about clutching and tuning.  A good start anyway.  Still haven't found the fucking tool kit tho...so...WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!  :lmao:

Tear down.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Slowly gettin' down to the nitty gritty.  Gonna add a few items...and a few more i haven't planned on adding I'm sure.  Shocks out and gettin' revalved this week.  Plenty to fart around with waiting on the snow. Still gotta pull the tank and convert it to get a few more gallons and figure out what, if anything, I'm gonna do about clutching and tuning.  A good start anyway.  Still haven't found the fucking tool kit tho...so...WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!  :lmao:

Tear down.jpg

Should have bought an XC......😧

29 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Tear down.jpg

I ripped into the Assault this weekend myself.  Skid needs 2 shocks revalved and rebuilt, 2 were bad, so all new bearings and hyfax, bushings.  I like my suspensions tight.  Then onto the drivetrain.

28 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Should have bought an XC......😧

Nope!  This is more suited for how I like to ride. 

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I ripped into the Assault this weekend myself.  Skid needs 2 shocks revalved and rebuilt, 2 were bad, so all new bearings and hyfax, bushings.  I like my suspensions tight.  Then onto the drivetrain.

I got started late this year but I usually go through everything from summer til the first SX kicks of at Thanksgiving.  Kinda my therapy.  My sleds are always immaculate at the start of every season.

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Nope!  This is more suited for how I like to ride. 

I got started late this year but I usually go through everything from summer til the first SX kicks of at Thanksgiving.  Kinda my therapy.  My sleds are always immaculate at the start of every season.

Yeah...it looks like perfectly suited. :lol: