wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

7 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Thank you. The torx are proving difficult. I already broke one torx and I have one left. Unfortunately I do not have heat. So l am a little stuck lol

I'd be taking it to someone who knows what they are doing and with all the proper tools/jigs. Those things can bite you if you don't know what you're doing. 

5 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Thank you. The torx are proving difficult. I already broke one torx and I have one left. Unfortunately I do not have heat. So l am a little stuck lol

Don't lay the clutch flat. Put it on its edge with the screws facing away and the deflection screw at your belly. use a torx socket on a ratchet and loosen the screw at 3 oclock if looking at helix with the handle at 9 0'clock. Make any sense????

4 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

I have not needed to buy one yet. All the plumbing jobs I have done I used shark bite fittings.

Use a bic lighter/zippo,,,,,, anything.

6 minutes ago, HSR said:

Don't lay the clutch flat. Put it on its edge with the screws facing away and the deflection screw at your belly. use a torx socket on a ratchet and loosen the screw at 3 oclock if looking at helix with the handle at 9 0'clock. Make any sense????

Yup, makes sense. No luck. Someone has been in here before. So maybe they used red loctite or something. Before I start stripping screws. I am going to take it to work tomorrow where I have a torch and things. 

I was just hoping to get it apart tonight to see if anything vwas broken that could be causing my low top speed issue.

On a side note. When I put the belt removal tool in tonight, I could only get it in barely enough to pull the belt off with out it being too hard to turn in anymore. Is that an issue?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I have the lighter going. 

I live a bit out of town. It is a bit of a time killer to drive in. I will be buying a torch after work tomorrow lol

10 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Yup, makes sense. No luck. Someone has been in here before. So maybe they used red loctite or something. Before I start stripping screws. I am going to take it to work tomorrow where I have a torch and things. 

I was just hoping to get it apart tonight to see if anything vwas broken that could be causing my low top speed issue.

On a side note. When I put the belt removal tool in tonight, I could only get it in barely enough to pull the belt off with out it being too hard to turn in anymore. Is that an issue?

What's your clutch set up and gearing?

Well I got my heat problem solved. Propane tank heater. Unfortunately I broke another torx. Those stupid hollow ones for tamper proof fasteners. I know I have one solid one around but cannot find it anywhere

Just now, Tomas. said:

Well I got my heat problem solved. Propane tank heater. Unfortunately I broke another torx. Those stupid hollow ones for tamper proof fasteners. I know I have one solid one around but cannot find it anywhere

You'll need a pencil tip torch dude......or even a soldering iron would work

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You'll need a pencil tip torch dude......or even a soldering iron would work

Ya. I am finding this out. I guess tomorrow it is

Just now, Tomas. said:

Ya. I am finding this out. I guess tomorrow it is

Also if them little torx bolts dont come out very well they should be replaced. They have a tendency to break after they have been abused 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Also if them little torx bolts dont come out very well they should be replaced. They have a tendency to break after they have been abused 

Ya I was shopping around for all the things I could possibly need to replace and epi sells a "rebuild" kit that comes with rollers, washers, c clips, and screws

I don't see anything that stands out other than it looks like it hasn't been serviced in some time.  Can you get a look at that spring?  What are the angles on that helix?

Maybe I missed it but, have you gone through the primary already?  

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I don't see anything that stands out other than it looks like it hasn't been serviced in some time.  Can you get a look at that spring?  What are the angles on that helix?

Maybe I missed it but, have you gone through the primary already?  

The spring looks new. I don't see any paint chipping. Still a lot of pressure on the spring. Helix is stock if that is was you mean by the angles.

Have not pulled the primary apart. The engine rpms are on point so I started with the secondary.

Edited by Tomas.

Just now, Tomas. said:

The spring looks new. I don't see any paint chipping. Still a lot of pressure on the spring. Helix is stock if that is was you mean. By the angles

Yeah.  I was wondering if it was stock.  Gonna be a lot of pressure on that spring.  Just make sure it isn't damaged. it might be time to clean it up, put it together and head towards the primary.  

There was a lot of grit in the lower spring cup area in that one picture.  That all needs to be cleaned out.  You need to finish taking the secondary apart.  You will need a secondary disassembly tool to get the snap ring off and the spring apart.  You need to clean all that junk out from under and around the spring cum.  When you reassemble the spring you need to run 3 derlin washers.  One under the cup, one in the cup and one on the roller end under the spring.  

Once you finish disassembling the secondary you need to inspect the brass bushing in the moving sheave.  Look for any wear on the bushing and any wear on the shaft.  Also look for wear on the Helix bushing.

Everything in your pictures looks good except all the debris in 3rd and 4th picture you posted.  That is excessive and indicates some worn parts.  

Edited by AKIQPilot