wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah...not gonna lie.  I know I looked mildly retarded trying to ease the clutch into engagement as it grabbed and lurched forward three of four times before I could make the turn. Almost took out my own fucking mail box!!!   Jesus.  :lol: 

Do they put the electronic reverse on the SX sleds or do you need to do it like we did in the old days?

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Dude tried test riding it in the background.. I thought it was going to throw him over the handlebars

LOL...yeah, It's funny as fuck to see the look on people's eyes when they try to "take'r for a spin".  

Them:  "There's something fucking wrong with it!!!!"  

Me:  "NO....Keep pressing the flipper....SLOWLY!"  

Them:  JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!!!  WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :lol:

Related image

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Figured, probably don't want the clutching or chaincase needed to do it.  No way I would give up reverse these days.

Hell, I think the only time I used it on my last sled was off loading it.  Had to drag the back end around once on this one.  No big deal really.  Just have to park accordingly.  I don'[t miss it at all but, again, rarely used reverse on any of my sleds so, :dunno: 

19 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Hell, I think the only time I used it on my last sled was off loading it.  Had to drag the back end around once on this one.  No big deal really.  Just have to park accordingly.  I don'[t miss it at all but, again, rarely used reverse on any of my sleds so, :dunno: 

You must be hitting all your marks then.

Just came back from tearing up some fresh snow that fell yesterday and I noticed something.

The guy I bought my dragon from had to replace the instrument cluster. According to him, the driveshaft bearing blew and took out the speed sensor which in turn some how took out the instrument cluster. 

Unfortunately for me he was a cheap ass and put in an rmk cluster so it doesn't have the analog gauge, just the digital one. It also has an "alt-ft" screen for you altitude. It doesn't tell you your alt, it just displays a number.

Mine was saying 15000 ft. I tried to change it and the lowest I could set it to was 12500. I am at 2200 ft lol. Could this be causing my low top end because it thinks it is 10-13000 ft higher than it is actually running at?

@AKIQPilot

Edited by Tomas.

11 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Its all in the C&A's up front.  

Oh how I love my CA's!   :bc:  

It has been and will always be the first upgrade to any sled I own....on the same day I install studs!  

10 hours ago, Wildboer said:

Wtf? Isn't it just programming nowadays? I thought reverse required 0 parts on Doo. 

Well, that's an interesting project and "thunkery" but, I'm not interested.  Also, at a certain point of a SX conversion, you have to admit you just bought the wrong fucking sled.

I believe since everything has to work backwards, it may be a touch tougher than just a reprogram.  For one, your ECU has to be capable and have a pin spot open for it.  Flywheel mods?  Pickups, wiring harnesses, I know a R helix would be needed.  Plus, if the sled had oil injection...I don't know if it would even work if engaged backwards.   :dunno:

I bet I can count on one hand how many times I've used reverse on my sleds over the years.  Well, two hands if you count trailer unloading.  I can still jerk them around pretty good so, it's not a big deal to me.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

It has been and will always be the first upgrade to any sled I own....on the same day I install studs!  

Well, that's an interesting project and "thunkery" but, I'm not interested.  Also, at a certain point of a SX conversion, you have to admit you just bought the wrong fucking sled.

I believe since everything has to work backwards, it may be a touch tougher than just a reprogram.  For one, your ECU has to be capable and have a pin spot open for it.  Flywheel mods?  Pickups, wiring harnesses, I know a R helix would be needed.  Plus, if the sled had oil injection...I don't know if it would even work if engaged backwards.   :dunno:

I bet I can count on one hand how many times I've used reverse on my sleds over the years.  Well, two hands if you count trailer unloading.  I can still jerk them around pretty good so, it's not a big deal to me.

Are you fucking retarded? Good god ....its a simple ECU program and a reverse cut helix. Thats it. How can you be so fucking noobish

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Dummy.

Damn.......I got you to post a one word response.......I won.....I finally won !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

You should try some USI Triple Threats.  

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

C&A4Lyfe!!!

Seriously try the USI's some time.  I like them way better on the groomed and crusty ditches.  Loose snow you'll want a bigger fin on the back of the USI's or the C&A's.  My opines.  

Edited by racinfarmer

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Seriously try the USI's some time.  I like them way better on the groomed and crusty ditches.  Loose snow you'll want a bigger fin on the back of the USI's or the C&A's.  My opines.  

USI are good skis. They worked great 😀 n my skidoos. 

Just now, racinfarmer said:

Seriously try the USI's some time.  I like them way better on the groomed and crusty ditches.  Loose snow you'll want a bigger fin on the back of the USI's or the C&A's.

Maybe but, I fell in love with Razors 7-8 years ago then went to XT’s shortly afterwards.  They scratch me right where I itch!!  I did put more pressure on my front yesterday due to loose snow conditions.  But the warm up worked against me.  I had some awkward moments going into some corners.  Oh well.  I’ll back off a tad.  That’s it though...my sled is pretty much dialed in for most conditions.  Gonna start looking at some clutching now. It’s real close as it sits with the SW set up but I want to see if I can get a tad more kick when I first mash the flipper.  Fine line tho.

17 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

The USI's really kick ass, corners on rails in all conditions now. They shine in softer snow where stockers really start to push.

F2BEA718-44F0-48D5-80F2-358821E5DBEB.jpeg

Did you get the power steering plates? They help with steering effort.

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Did you get the power steering plates? They help with steering effort.

I've thought about it but so far I'm happy with the steering effort. They're much easier to turn on the G4 than they were on the XP and XS chassis.