wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Fuel.  Not oil.  It’s Pre-mix.  R-Xc’s have both.  Not SXers.

Ahhh got ya...I thought they both were. What do you use for oil? Guy I bought mine from used to use Amsoil Dominator but switched to a local product out of Traverse City called Legend.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Ahhh got ya...I thought they both were. What do you use for oil? Guy I bought mine from used to use Amsoil Dominator but switched to a local product out of Traverse City called Legend.

:thumbsup:

F8234925-A83A-4ACA-90F5-D982E8D1EFDE.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Farm and Fleet has that for $9 a Qt by me. Amsoil is coming down in price in this area.

Our farm store has it as well...I'll have to check the price.

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

It may smell better, but that’s about it.

Plus there are no dealers so by the time I have a case shipped to me it ends up costing 50 bucks a gallon...Dominator it is!

49 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Farm and Fleet has that for $9 a Qt by me. Amsoil is coming down in price in this area.

That’s a good price.  I think that’s about what I pay.  

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Plus there are no dealers so by the time I have a case shipped to me it ends up costing 50 bucks a gallon...Dominator it is!

I’ve heard good things about Legend also. Any good quality syn is good stuff.

15 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

It may smell better, but that’s about it.

Ewww....I like the smell of Dominator!    

E3C35DA9-C4C2-47F1-9BAD-64252F1E7098.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Who are you kidding, a qt should last you a few seasons?:lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah.  Seems to be popular with the Poo crowd.  Dino oil seem to work well in their mils.  :dunno:

Pretty sure that's what Indy Dan recommends.

I just open my wallet for the ctec2 stuff from Cat.  Think I'm buying two cases next year at Haydays.  Hoping 6 gallons covers me for this year but it's going to be close.

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

This is the stuff Cuz was running in the IQR...he swears he noticed an improvement in performance.

https://legendperformance.com/product/zx-2sr/

IMG_4580.thumb.PNG.3df8b2cf177e4af8177d1c58d802dabd.PNG

That use to be named Produmax oil which was a very popular, excellent oil back in it's day. The company was either bought out or they sold it to Legend who say they changed one ingredient in it to make it even better (I call B.S.) then they doubled/tripled the price of it. I ran it exclusively in my XLT and many others who had power valves swore by it.  https://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forums/11-general/77014-produmax-oil.html

47 minutes ago, irv said:

That use to be named Produmax oil which was a very popular, excellent oil back in it's day. The company was either bought out or they sold it to Legend who say they changed one ingredient in it to make it even better (I call B.S.) then they doubled/tripled the price of it. I ran it exclusively in my XLT and many others who had power valves swore by it.  https://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forums/11-general/77014-produmax-oil.html

Hmmmm....interesting Irv. It is pricy but by all accounts it works well.

7 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Fuel.  Not oil.  It’s Pre-mix.  R-Xc’s have both.  Not SXers.

You really went all out in the "I want my sled to be needlessly inconvenient" category dude. In a few years you'll realize you're old and buy something more sensible :lol: 

33 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

You really went all out in the "I want my sled to be needlessly inconvenient" category dude. In a few years you'll realize you're old and buy something more sensible :lol: 

Could be worse.  He could be trying to trail ride the old open mod sleds.  I've seen a couple guys attempting to do it over the years.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wildboer said:

Given the choice, I'd never have another oil injected sled.  So pouring things into a gas tank is tough for you?  :lol: When I start looking at "sensible" purchases, I'm too old to sled...or live.  

6 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Could be worse.  He could be trying to trail ride the old open mod sleds.  I've seen a couple guys attempting to do it over the years.  

Yeah, I've seen a couple too.  There's a reason you can find a $20k sled for $3500 bucks.  Hopelessly unconvertable. But still, be fun to run it until it burned down on the trail.  

Fun: trying to turn your sled around in a tight space when the clutch engages at 6400 rpm.  :lol: 

7 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Fun: trying to turn your sled around in a tight space when the clutch engages at 6400 rpm.  :lol: 

I snapped a clutch spring on my pro r in Maine the end of last yr. Ended up at a small privateer working out of his barn. He put the only spring in he had. Sold it this yr to a dude who said he will be riding goatpaths. As he was ready to drive away I mentioned " hey , ya may want to change that clutch spring"

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, irv said:

Actually Produmax was brewed under license from a British company,Silkolene.Very popular in the motorcycle racing world.I was at there plant and it was very interesting how they take a bulk/stock oil and add a little this and that to come up with there formula. They were one of our sponsors for our Thunderbay--Minneapolis  I-500 run in  90?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

I snapped a clutch spring on my pro r in Maine the end of last yr. Ended up at a small privateer working out of his barn. He put the only spring in he had. Sold it this yr to a dude who said he will be riding goatpaths. As he was ready to drive away I mentioned " hey , ya may want to change that clutch spring"

Yeah...not gonna lie.  I know I looked mildly retarded trying to ease the clutch into engagement as it grabbed and lurched forward three of four times before I could make the turn. Almost took out my own fucking mail box!!!   Jesus.  :lol: 

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah...not gonna lie.  I know I looked mildly retarded trying to ease the clutch into engagement as it grabbed and lurched forward three of four times before I could make the turn. Almost took out my own fucking mail box!!!   Jesus.  :lol: 

Dude tried test riding it in the background.. I thought it was going to throw him over the handlebars

7 minutes ago, gtserider said:

Actually Produmax was brewed under license from a British company,Silkolene.Very popular in the motorcycle racing world.I was at there plant and it was very interesting how they take a bulk/stock oil and add a little this and that to come up with there formula. They were one of our sponsors for our Thunderbay--Minneapolis  I-500 run in  90?

I always heard great things about Silkolene so now it makes sense why Produmax was so good. I was pretty disappointed when I found out it could no longer be purchased but then elated to hear Legend was basically the old Produmax, until I seen they doubled the price of it!