wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

CFR1000 has been a bit inconsistent on RPM's since the primary shit the bed last year. I replaced it with a 4 arm clutch off a 2007 and the weights are actually a bit heavy on that clutch setup so I figured the loss of RPM was that. When I rode the sled this year it was with a new 3 arm clutch and the proper weights etc and I still had an RPM issue

Just pulled the secondary and the rollers are fucking junk so thats the issue. At least the fucking rest of the driven clutch still looks good....no bearing slop etc etc

I pulled the secondary off the z1 and will put that on the CFR for now .....replace rollers and should be good to go 

5 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I had good luck with the rock hard rollers on 2 diff sleds . my bud had 1 rock hard break but that was after around 1500 deep snow mi on a turbo so what ever 

Is that the best option? $50 seems like a lot ......

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Is that the best option? $50 seems like a lot ......

I don't know if the best but like I said I used in 2 sleds with zero issues after install . i have friends who always put them in there drag sleds right off the bat . but then they don't pay for them so who knows . 

what is 50 bucks a lap dance with a tip .the time fucking around to piss have to  do it again is what I see as the main issue .

also that 4 tower why just toss it in the trash they built it for less than 2 seasons for a reason 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

I don't know if the best but like I said I used in 2 sleds with zero issues after install . i have friends who always put them in there drag sleds right off the bat . but then they don't pay for them so who knows . 

what is 50 bucks a lap dance with a tip .the time fucking around to piss have to  do it again is what I see as the main issue .

also that 4 tower why just toss it in the trash they built it for less than 2 seasons for a reason 

I did get rid of the 4 tower.......I just grabbed it last year because it was last minute and I wanted to ride that sled. I replaced it with a new 3 tower this summer.

Its not the $50 that I care about.....its paying more for something that may not be best. If the rock rollers are good I'll grab them 

• 2 weeks later...

After a fuck around getting the wires for the Arctic cat from Arctic Cat dealers to put on a heated helmet cord, I have it all installed. I am getting 14.5ish DC volts at the helmet. Does that seem right? Also I am running a 15 amp fuse. Is that to high? 

Edited by Tomas.

Just had the tcat out on the trails at my brothers camp did 15 or 20 miles everything went good no overeating plugs all look like they should and the thing has a lot of power. The boyesen reeds make a huge difference! holy crap is it ever way more snappy with those in there. I had all the shocks rebuilt on the sled and boy do I have them way too stiff I put them back where they were and the thing is dangerous to ride. I need to turn those Springs down quite a bit

Edited by GreenStreak

1 hour ago, GreenStreak said:

Just had the tcat out on the trails at my brothers camp did 15 or 20 miles everything went good no overeating plugs all look like they should and the thing has a lot of power. The boyesen reeds make a huge difference! holy crap is it ever way more snappy with those in there. I had all the shocks rebuilt on the sled and boy do I have them way too stiff I put them back where they were and the thing is dangerous to ride. I need to turn those Springs down quite a bit

Boyesen are the best IMO had them in my 800 and throttle response was great never had any problems with them

• Like 1

Just now, f7ben said:

Probably no

Sucks. Way cheaper. I can get a wreck of 3 carbs off of a Yamaha 700 Viper for 69 bucks right now on eBay there's a set on there for a zrt 800 and they get like $267 for them. What's so different the spacing where they go on the carb flanges? Is that not adjustable on a rack of carbs?

13 hours ago, GreenStreak said:

Sucks. Way cheaper. I can get a wreck of 3 carbs off of a Yamaha 700 Viper for 69 bucks right now on eBay there's a set on there for a zrt 800 and they get like $267 for them. What's so different the spacing where they go on the carb flanges? Is that not adjustable on a rack of carbs?

Ask XCR1250

On 12/22/2018 at 11:56 AM, f7ben said:

CFR1000 has been a bit inconsistent on RPM's since the primary shit the bed last year. I replaced it with a 4 arm clutch off a 2007 and the weights are actually a bit heavy on that clutch setup so I figured the loss of RPM was that. When I rode the sled this year it was with a new 3 arm clutch and the proper weights etc and I still had an RPM issue

Just pulled the secondary and the rollers are fucking junk so thats the issue. At least the fucking rest of the driven clutch still looks good....no bearing slop etc etc

I pulled the secondary off the z1 and will put that on the CFR for now .....replace rollers and should be good to go 

Those 4 arm clutches were Shitty 

Well, thursday out at Togwotee, my connecting rod crank bearing decided it had enough. Wrecked the crank obviously and piston. Cylinders need replating, one dome on the head is badly damaged, and bottom case has been ventilated. Fucking pistons had less then 150 miles on them...

Took half the day just to tow the bitch back to the trail with a turbo RMK.  Was only off the trail 3/4 mile.

• Confused 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
24 minutes ago, Legend said:

Well, thursday out at Togwotee, my connecting rod crank bearing decided it had enough. Wrecked the crank obviously and piston. Cylinders need replating, one dome on the head is badly damaged, and bottom case has been ventilated. Fucking pistons had less then 150 miles on them...

Took half the day just to tow the bitch back to the trail with a turbo RMK.  Was only off the trail 3/4 mile.

Damn that blows.

On 1/15/2019 at 2:42 PM, Legend said:

Here’s the aftermath...

BBA95976-61B9-4187-A25F-A9A0EC1821E4.jpeg

• Confused 1