wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

23 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm not even sure who the Shakopee dealer would be.  The only ones I know of down there are Waconia, Rosemount, and Cannon Falls.  Motoproz is more towards Rochester.  

Cities Edge, I'm not impressed.

Finished up fixing the coolant leak today.  Put the new radiator cap on, set track tension, aligned track, and aligned skis.  Skis were slightly toe in, I set them just under 1/4 toe out.

I bought a few extra of those little plastic clips that hold the rubber piece on to keep the snow out of the steering.  Sure enough I didn't even break one.

Ready to ride!  

zgdvgLzLxo46YZvMPMWRHUZnMpwOdTM6ADK88LoFSa0aDiJ1s5pG6f6CuOITYxaoYAnFrp8bALJvNFf0KhIs7_Mvzuygj10_MPoSZDxPcOPwrX365Pl_6misPk4inEVFjE6Yi9_PaPZ8aPQyqIsuFo4In-gKnGD2pXjbvzTYGWMk4ZSwHDLPsos6gWMBs9jKztSg5gtTsSv8I3kCyvN_38xtmuYW0HooAbzuJuombjQk9moLhgLMQsGpvyuGxBYTMc39Frj858xaIC620iFWpD2jULfeu6pkMyBSFCBvEyRT9lX1k7HA8WXJlHYyaAvR_VKyFeRUnUiPH1GG3he__8mVpCmNzxVtqsRAhAMUOLh0UMvo2EEuTe73RSHz903IjQC3al8VnID3vgilFpBJ0uPB_XRIth-kr9-bvnaxJxfzJtdtS2SLt2BbgeilyUpNvcsAuU6_iGcGsUZdHhdBj6svcku1QY44r07USrbZuAxxT97Oh72PaddojGVs1kpswjiJIFJlmf0YAAmmobcU4eu-1Jbcs7T_zHmeE7inNDOKNMVlr-ZVYikl6Tanw7SwchmkFISp9LIMSgcwGK5YKkjItpX0QYYk2CGQ71rv_fmxJL5QHszE9ZlE8l3yhpyHI36a79MaMA1gdExcd0c4dhXx=w835-h626-no

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Cities Edge, I'm not impressed.

Finished up fixing the coolant leak today.  Put the new radiator cap on, set track tension, aligned track, and aligned skis.  Skis were slightly toe in, I set them just under 1/4 toe out.

I bought a few extra of those little plastic clips that hold the rubber piece on to keep the snow out of the steering.  Sure enough I didn't even break one.

Ready to ride!  

zgdvgLzLxo46YZvMPMWRHUZnMpwOdTM6ADK88LoFSa0aDiJ1s5pG6f6CuOITYxaoYAnFrp8bALJvNFf0KhIs7_Mvzuygj10_MPoSZDxPcOPwrX365Pl_6misPk4inEVFjE6Yi9_PaPZ8aPQyqIsuFo4In-gKnGD2pXjbvzTYGWMk4ZSwHDLPsos6gWMBs9jKztSg5gtTsSv8I3kCyvN_38xtmuYW0HooAbzuJuombjQk9moLhgLMQsGpvyuGxBYTMc39Frj858xaIC620iFWpD2jULfeu6pkMyBSFCBvEyRT9lX1k7HA8WXJlHYyaAvR_VKyFeRUnUiPH1GG3he__8mVpCmNzxVtqsRAhAMUOLh0UMvo2EEuTe73RSHz903IjQC3al8VnID3vgilFpBJ0uPB_XRIth-kr9-bvnaxJxfzJtdtS2SLt2BbgeilyUpNvcsAuU6_iGcGsUZdHhdBj6svcku1QY44r07USrbZuAxxT97Oh72PaddojGVs1kpswjiJIFJlmf0YAAmmobcU4eu-1Jbcs7T_zHmeE7inNDOKNMVlr-ZVYikl6Tanw7SwchmkFISp9LIMSgcwGK5YKkjItpX0QYYk2CGQ71rv_fmxJL5QHszE9ZlE8l3yhpyHI36a79MaMA1gdExcd0c4dhXx=w835-h626-no

Badass ride.👊🏻🇺🇸

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Anyone ever have the Kawasaki sleds back in the day?  Kind of looking at a Invader with the 340 liquid.

Well, my buddy had the 440 liquid.  79 or 80 I think? Thing would fly.  I remember it being a decent sled and stayed up with our yammis maintenance wise too.

42 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Anyone ever have the Kawasaki sleds back in the day?  Kind of looking at a Invader with the 340 liquid.

Had a 1980 340 Invader and a 78 440 Invader.  Freaking awesome sleds and fast as hell for the day.  The 440 would give 85 vmaxs fits on occasion which was a big deal back then lol....  Buy it and enjoy if the deal is right.   :bc: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

That yellow SKS makes my sack tingle.

Had some thick metal flake laid down the center of the black hood..Was a beautiful sled..

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Well, my buddy had the 440 liquid.  79 or 80 I think? Thing would fly.  I remember it being a decent sled and stayed up with our yammis maintenance wise too.

49 minutes ago, thewayout said:

@jamminhad a few back in the day. Loved them. 440 invaders he had

42 minutes ago, jammin said:

Had a 1980 340 Invader and a 78 440 Invader.  Freaking awesome sleds and fast as hell for the day.  The 440 would give 85 vmaxs fits on occasion which was a big deal back then lol....  Buy it and enjoy if the deal is right.   :bc: 

Good to hear they are decent sleds for their age.  Kind of trying to keep my eyes open for a Liquifire first, but those aren't cheap to come by and these seem like they could be a good option.  

47 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Good to hear they are decent sleds for their age.  Kind of trying to keep my eyes open for a Liquifire first, but those aren't cheap to come by and these seem like they could be a good option.  

They were awfully fast for their cc too. 440s ran with damn near anything back in that era. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Uh oh, grinders out.

That's how you change oil on one of those abortions :lol: it's like a 4 hour job 

I could change an engine in my 2 strokes faster than change oil in that apex contraption 

10 hours ago, thewayout said:

They were awfully fast for their cc too. 440s ran with damn near anything back in that era. 

If I get a 440 Invader ( 78 / 79) I will smoke the shit out of ur 91 Indy 500!!!1111111111111    :3gears:

14 minutes ago, jammin said:

If I get a 440 Invader ( 78 / 79) I will smoke the shit out of ur 91 Indy 500!!!1111111111111    :3gears:

If I remember correctly, I think the only sled that would run accross the lake with that invader 440 of my buddies was an Indy 600.  It may have been a 500 tho.  I know it was faster than my Exciter 440.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I had an 87 Indy 600 triple back in the day that would pretty much smoke any and all stock challengers...Ben was still eating his own boogers at the time

I’m positive the Indy 600 ruled the lakes and fields in my area.  

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’m positive the Indy 600 ruled the lakes and fields in my area.  

I was out of sleds for 8 years...college, career, marriage etc., and I bought that sled from my cousin in 88 with only 500 miles on it.  It was so much faster, handled and rode so much better than anything else made at time time,  it got me back into the game and short of one season, I’ve had a sled or two in the barn ever since.  :bc: 

Just now, DriftBusta said:

I was out of sleds for 8 years...college, career, marriage etc., and I bought that sled from my cousin in 88 with only 500 miles on it.  It was so much faster, handled and rode so much better than anything else made at time time,  it got me back into the game and short of one season, I’ve had a sled or two in the barn ever since.  :bc: 

The Indy 600 was a full out game changer.  I rode my buddies and realized how good it was back in the day.  I wouldn’t admit it tho.  :lmao:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The Indy 600 was a full out game changer.  I rode my buddies and realized how good it was back in the day.  I wouldn’t admit it tho.  :lmao:

Lotta my buds were still running around on leaf springs back then.   I remember first ride on it, we went to the Old Forge Snodeo in early December, and I wasn’t all that impressed with it.  Turns out it was because of the stale gas it had in it from the previous season.  Topped it off with fresh fuel....holy fuck hang on.  Honest 100mph sled back then.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Lotta my buds were still running around on leaf springs back then.   I remember first ride on it, we went to the Old Forge Snodeo in early December, and I wasn’t all that impressed with it.  Turns out it was because of the stale gas it had in it from the previous season.  Topped it off with fresh fuel....holy fuck hang on.  Honest 100mph sled back then.

You're fast sled cred is pretty limited ......you permanently damaged it when you raved about all the power the stock turbo sled you owned had :lol: