wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

For me personally it is all about balance between front and rear bite which is a combination of rider weight, track studs and ski carbides along with limiter strap and front ski shock pressure to get the best feel for the trail conditions encountered most.  Where I ride in Michigan there are many lake crossings which can be tricky when bare ice, the trails can be very icy also at times.  I prefer to use traction products on my sleds for most riding conditions.  That being said, it is also fun to run unstudded track or vintage 2/3 cleats every now and then so that you can remember what it is like to have to always steer with the rear!   Everyone has different preferences and typical riding conditions.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jammin said:

Ive seen him smile.... like 3 times.  lol

I miss big Jawn on the forums :bc:

10 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

i took the studs out of my 05 gade in 07 after i bent a bunch and outside 2 seasons on an ice cobra have put 30k miles on without them.  i took them out of my current freeride the weekend i took it home moreso because the previous owner didn't put front exchanger protectors in.  

I missed having them or at least some traction screws maybe 3 times last year but other than that , forget them .  Once when we were on that god damned lake with Dmann doing whatever it was that we were doing , that morning that you and I went out and it was glazed over really bad and when I slid into that guy :lol:     :bc:

7 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

🤣

Edited by Sal Rosenberg

I bought a fuel filter and oil filter for my 2008 switchback. According to the manual, when replacing the oil filter, the system needs to be bled which they tell you to take it to the dealer to do everything. Does anybody know how to bleed the system? I didn't find anything online. It is hard to find information on a two stroke oil filter lol.

Also is there any special procedure for changing a fuel filter? Do I need to prime the system or something?

5 hours ago, Tomas. said:

I bought a fuel filter and oil filter for my 2008 switchback. According to the manual, when replacing the oil filter, the system needs to be bled which they tell you to take it to the dealer to do everything. Does anybody know how to bleed the system? I didn't find anything online. It is hard to find information on a two stroke oil filter lol.

Also is there any special procedure for changing a fuel filter? Do I need to prime the system or something?

As EZ said, fuel filter is easy and no worries.  Oil can be a bit more “dramatic”.  The big thing is to make sure you purge the air out of the line that you let in.  I’m not familiar with your set up but if you clamp it off well, it can usually be done by firing up the sled briefly and forcing the oil through they system by using compressed air to force down the oil through the pump and repeating.  I’ve also seen it done by just sealing a mouth around the oil tank res opening and blowing.  This usually happens when some retard heads out and runs his sled out of oil and is lucky enough to feel the issue before it seizes.  :lmao:  :wall:

I’m sure there is a procedure somebody can post.

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

As EZ said, fuel filter is easy and no worries.  Oil can be a bit more “dramatic”.  The big thing is to make sure you purge the air out of the line that you let in.  I’m not familiar with your set up but if you clamp it off well, it can usually be done by firing up the sled briefly and forcing the oil through they system by using compressed air to force down the oil through the pump and repeating.  I’ve also seen it done by just sealing a mouth around the oil tank res opening and blowing.  This usually happens when some retard heads out and runs his sled out of oil and is lucky enough to feel the issue before it seizes.  :lmao:  :wall:

I'd take Zam's advice since he is good a wrapping his lips around cylindrical objects of all sizes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Jesus Christ.....

Pinch the fucking lines off. Pull the fucking filter. Install the new fucking filter. Unpinch the fucking line between the filter and the tank. When oil runs through the fucking filter, reconnect the filter to the fucking line going to the oil pump. Start the fucking sled and ride it.

Or your could blow on shit....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Legend said:

Jesus Christ.....

Pinch the fucking lines off. Pull the fucking filter. Install the new fucking filter. Unpinch the fucking line between the filter and the tank. When oil runs through the fucking filter, reconnect the filter to the fucking line going to the oil pump. Start the fucking sled and ride it.

Wow!  I think this is the Andrew “Dice” Clay instructional.

:lol:

9E09E3E3-711D-4CBE-AE00-C032E81BF354.gif

18 minutes ago, Legend said:

Jesus Christ.....

Not anymore complicated than that. An idling sled will not use a lot/any oil. Wait until you see smoke again, if any waiting is even required, then ride it.

14 hours ago, Tomas. said:

Does your oil pump not have a bleed screw on top of it? There should be a ton of info out there on how to bleed Polaris oil pumps.

https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=357047   https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233646

Edited by irv

57 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

A premix. Like any for small 2 stroke garden tools. Husky is good. I have been told by mechanics that injection oil dosnt mix well.

:lol:  I'm sorry you believed that.  It mixes just fine.  What do you think it does in your engine?  What do you think snow cross sleds use Husky pre-mix oil?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fireball 440 said:

:lol:  I'm sorry you believed that.  It mixes just fine.  What do you think it does in your engine?  What do you think snow cross sleds use Husky pre-mix oil?  

I wondered where he heard that as well but he said some mechanics told him. I am not sure what types of mechanics told him that but I don't think I'd necessarily be revisiting them anymore.

Unless things have drastically changed the last couple years, I believe all injector oils are also premix oils? 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I prob never keep theses thinking enough but really a oil filter change on somthing that only gets fresh new oil from a new clean jug dumped in to it ? 

I was thinking the same thing. It is a little stupid Inline filter

Screenshot_2018-11-02-09-03-44.png