wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

hell at this point even 90% furnaces are obsolete and free to temp a guy by

Yah ....I just gotta run a gas line into the garage and hang a heater in the corner. Vent it out the wall. Little work but worth it for sure

hell even a sunflower works in a pinch.

I built a new shop like 9 yrs ago and at the time I searched for like a yr for a new old stock pilot light modine I did find 1 . I wanted 1 I could fix with hardware store parts .

in the mean time I had a old 90% in the corner pvc vented out a window covered in plywood  a old filing cabinet with no doors sitting on top and a propane tank sitting next to it all run off a extension cord. Jed Clamped proud . but hey it was free and got me by and think we had a hr in to it total lol   

49 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yah ....I just gotta run a gas line into the garage and hang a heater in the corner. Vent it out the wall. Little work but worth it for sure

A wall furnace is a great option about a foot wide 8" deep takes cold air in the top and discharges hot air at floor level, also direct vents out wall.

9 hours ago, 1jkw said:

A wall furnace is a great option about a foot wide 8" deep takes cold air in the top and discharges hot air at floor level, also direct vents out wall.

Mine works great.  Keep it at a nice 50 all the time and bump it up before I go out to work. Got it a few years back after my Dad came by and saw me using a torpedo to heat up garage.  I honestly can't believe I never heated my garage earlier, I feel stupid for waiting so long. One of those things, once you have it can't imagine  how you got by before.

Used that stainless , yellow corrugated line, two connections   and it was done.

2 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Mine works great.  Keep it at a nice 50 all the time and bump it up before I go out to work. Got it a few years back after my Dad came by and saw me using a torpedo to heat up garage.  I honestly can't believe I never heated my garage earlier, I feel stupid for waiting so long. One of those things, once you have it can't imagine  how you got by before.

Used that stainless , yellow corrugated line, two connections   and it was done.

The fact that they put the warm air out the bottom is a big plus. Just put 2 in a business work really well.

Gastite  is probably what you used, it's now black with a woven ground between the outer covering and the corrugated pipe, supposed to be lightning proof.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

The fact that they put the warm air out the bottom is a big plus. Just put 2 in a business work really well.

Gastite  is probably what you used, it's now black with a woven ground between the outer covering and the corrugated pipe, supposed to be lightning proof.

:thumb:

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, f7ben said:

see how shiny that head is? the stock one aint that shiny !!!!!!!111

You got compression on your gauge higher then 120psi now?

• Platinum Contributing Member

Its awesome having kids that can work on sleds.   My 20 YO does all the routine maintenance on the sleds when he's back from college.  He still loves that stuff as he hasn't done it for 30 years. :lol:  We will be prepping today for a local RR tomorrow.    

15 hours ago, f7ben said:

I was going to put heat in the garage this summer and never did .....I hate a cold garage

Start a car up, between the engine heat, the doors open with the heat on high, along with the warm exhaust and some whiskey and you'll be good to go :bc: 

• Haha 1

I wouldnt dare post pics of doing work on my sled. All of the cat fags will be like "New piston time?" "New isoflex" blah blah.. But.. I have it apart right now to put those fancy new LED headlights in. Not like the old days when you just flip the hood up and start wrenching. You have to take half the fucking sled apart to get at this shit...

14 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Anytime you can have heat blow low and return high is great, I have a unit heater up high and ceiling fans to drive the heat down.

The two lally columns allow a sled to be parked and then lifted with a come-along.

Hey Ben, how do you like the old iron? :lol: 

cats.jpg

wood burning furnace in my garage, gets un-insulated 24x24 pole style building to 60-70 deg, burn cheap slab wood from local amish saw mill.....heat on the cheap........120k btu furnace was free too

3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Anytime you can have heat blow low and return high is great, I have a unit heater up high and ceiling fans to drive the heat down.

The two lally columns allow a sled to be parked and then lifted with a come-along.

Hey Ben, how do you like the old iron? :lol: 

cats.jpg

Back in the 90's I sold a panther with a 634 and Montana pipes only had a few hundred miles on it also sold 2 4 stroke puma or lynx sleds.

16 minutes ago, Anler said:

I wouldnt dare post pics of doing work on my sled. All of the cat fags will be like "New piston time?" "New isoflex" blah blah.. But.. I have it apart right now to put those fancy new LED headlights in. Not like the old days when you just flip the hood up and start wrenching. You have to take half the fucking sled apart to get at this shit...

You adding the Doo Led or aftermarket? 

Taking the XS apart is nothing. Sure not as easy as the ZX , CK, S etc, but it's not bad 

26 minutes ago, Anler said:

They should look good pointing at the garage door. You non snowmobile riding faggot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You coming to Ontario with Vinny in a few weeks? :snack:

27 minutes ago, Anler said:

:thumb:

I remember rebuilding carbs on the side of the trail, and all kind of repairs.  I don't know how much of that goes on anymore.

1 hour ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

You adding the Doo Led or aftermarket? 

Taking the XS apart is nothing. Sure not as easy as the ZX , CK, S etc, but it's not bad 

I already have the Doo led, it's pathetic. I'm installing these 6000 lumen units...

IMG_20170123_151611207.jpg

56 minutes ago, Reevester said:

They should look good pointing at the garage door. You non snowmobile riding faggot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You coming to Ontario with Vinny in a few weeks? :snack:

I don't think so, don't know anything it... :dunno: