There Ain't No Hate.....

I can throw up 100 of these for every one of those you post:

It seems now, though, that there’s rarely a time of grieving together. The time of lament morphs almost immediately into arguments over what the President should have said or whether this validates or annihilates someone’s views on guns or immigration or whatever. Some of that, of course, is just the speed of social media. People are able to discuss, rather publicly, issues much quicker than they could before. But there seems to be more than that.

Our national divisions increasingly make it difficult for us not just to work together, but even to pause and weep together. We become more concerned about protecting ourselves from one another’s political pronouncements than we do with mourning with those who mourn.

In some ways, then, national crises like this one feel less like the 1963 John Kennedy assassination than like the attempted George Wallace assassination of 1972. Reports are that some within the Nixon Administration, arguably even the President himself, contemplated planting George McGovern campaign literature in the would-be-assailant Arthur Bremer’s apartment. The shooting in Laurel, Maryland, was about, for them, the campaign itself. That sort of cynicism is, ultimately, dehumanizing.

How then do we weep with those who weep?

Let’s call our congregations to pray together. Let’s realize that, in this case, our gay and lesbian neighbors are likely quite scared. Who wouldn’t be? Demonstrate the sacrificial love of Jesus to them. We don’t have to agree on the meaning of marriage and sexuality to love one another and to see the murderous sin of terrorism. Let’s also pray for our leaders who have challenging decisions to make in the midst of crisis. Let’s mobilize our congregations and others to give blood for the victims. Let’s call for governing authorities to do their primary duty of keeping its people safe from evildoers.

And let’s bear patiently with those who jump the gun, in arguing about the politics on social media. For many of them, the jump to talk about gun control or Islam or military preparedness or any other issue isn’t so much about pontificating as it is about frustration. They, like all of us, want this horror to end, and they want to do something—even if that’s just expressing themselves on Twitter.

As the Body of Christ, though, we can love and serve and weep and mourn. And we can remind ourselves and our neighbors that this is not the way it is supposed to be. We mourn, but we mourn in the hope of a kingdom where blood is not shed and where bullets never fly.

http://www.russellmoore.com/2016/06/12/orlando-can-still-weep-together/

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Snake said:

It seems now, though, that there’s rarely a time of grieving together. The time of lament morphs almost immediately into arguments over what the President should have said or whether this validates or annihilates someone’s views on guns or immigration or whatever. Some of that, of course, is just the speed of social media. People are able to discuss, rather publicly, issues much quicker than they could before. But there seems to be more than that.

Our national divisions increasingly make it difficult for us not just to work together, but even to pause and weep together. We become more concerned about protecting ourselves from one another’s political pronouncements than we do with mourning with those who mourn.

In some ways, then, national crises like this one feel less like the 1963 John Kennedy assassination than like the attempted George Wallace assassination of 1972. Reports are that some within the Nixon Administration, arguably even the President himself, contemplated planting George McGovern campaign literature in the would-be-assailant Arthur Bremer’s apartment. The shooting in Laurel, Maryland, was about, for them, the campaign itself. That sort of cynicism is, ultimately, dehumanizing.

Let’s call our congregations to pray together. Let’s realize that, in this case, our gay and lesbian neighbors are likely quite scared. Who wouldn’t be? Demonstrate the sacrificial love of Jesus to them. We don’t have to agree on the meaning of marriage and sexuality to love one another and to see the murderous sin of terrorism. Let’s also pray for our leaders who have challenging decisions to make in the midst of crisis. Let’s mobilize our congregations and others to give blood for the victims. Let’s call for governing authorities to do their primary duty of keeping its people safe from evildoers.

And let’s bear patiently with those who jump the gun, in arguing about the politics on social media. For many of them, the jump to talk about gun control or Islam or military preparedness or any other issue isn’t so much about pontificating as it is about frustration. They, like all of us, want this horror to end, and they want to do something—even if that’s just expressing themselves on Twitter.

As the Body of Christ, though, we can love and serve and weep and mourn. And we can remind ourselves and our neighbors that this is not the way it is supposed to be. We mourn, but we mourn in the hope of a kingdom where blood is not shed and where bullets never fly.

Ahh - do you support equality across the board or do you hide behind you 'bible' to justify discrimination?  

1 minute ago, Snake said:

As with all superstition (religion) it's a matter of degree. Someone can be religious and still have common sense.  Problem is: when they go overboard, that's when their brain stops working.  This is not exclusive to any religion - Muslim, Christian, whatever you pick.

Just now, SnowRider said:

Ahh - do you support equality across the board or do you hide behind you 'bible' to justify discrimination?  

I think you need to put the discrimination mirror on your wall better, seems you are looking into it, not me.

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

I think you need to put the discrimination mirror on your wall better, seems you are looking into it, not me.

:lol: 

You're just a lil religious bigot Moe :bc: Justify your hate for Islam or LGBT with your 'bible'. :lmao: 

Edited by SnowRider

1 minute ago, SmeeAgain said:

As with all superstition (religion) it's a matter of degree. Someone can be religious and still have common sense.  Problem is: when they go overboard, that's when their brain stops working.  This is not exclusive to any religion - Muslim, Christian, whatever you pick.

Bigot here.

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

:lol: 

You're just a lil religious bigot Moe :bc: Justify your hate for Islam or LGBT with your 'bible'. :lmao: 

How do you justify your hate of Christianity of straight white men? You don't need religion, just a natural hatred. Worse, in my book.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Bigot here.

How do you justify your hate of Christianity of straight white men? You don't need religion, just a natural hatred. Worse, in my book.

I don't. I simply dislike the false narrative and fake Butthurt from those who yield the power.  There's no demographic in America that is discrimated against less than white Christian males.  There is no demographc in America that sets the standards for the glass ceiling than Christian white males.  So when said demographic whines and moans while being the most powerful and least discrimated demographc - I laugh and challenge it. :bc:

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

I don't. I simply dislike the false narrative and fake Butthurt from those who yield the power.  There's no demographic in America that is discrimated against less than white Christian males.  There is no demographc in America that sets the standards for the glass ceiling than Christian white males.  So when said demographic whines and moans while being the most powerful and least discrimated demographc - I laugh and challenge it. :bc:

Folks, this is what we call WHITE GUILT^^^^^^

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:lies:

:nuts:. Doe Dumber - that's what we call the truth. :bc:

How does white guilt apply to white women who are making $.79 per our $1.00? :lol: 

Edited by SnowRider

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

Hiw does white guilt apply to white women who are making $.79 per our $1.00? :lol: 

The White House has not narrowed the gap between the average pay of male and female employees since President Obama’s first year in office, according to a Washington Post analysis of new salary data.

The average male White House employee currently earns about $88,600, while the average female White House employee earns about $78,400, according to White House data released Tuesday. That is a gap of 13 percent.

Just now, SnowRider said:

Hiw does white guilt apply to white women who are making $.79 per our $1.00? :lol: 

You wouldn't know truth if it got up and slapped you across your leftard hack clown face Taintrider :nuts: 

17 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

12 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

How does white guilt apply to white women who are making $.79 per our $1.00? :lol: 

10 minutes ago, Snake said:

The White House has not narrowed the gap between the average pay of male and female employees since President Obama’s first year in office, according to a Washington Post analysis of new salary data.

The average male White House employee currently earns about $88,600, while the average female White House employee earns about $78,400, according to White House data released Tuesday. That is a gap of 13 percent.

:dunno:. Yeah - and how does that negate my statement?  It seems to support it.. :lol2:

19 hours ago, SnowRider said:

:lmao:You crack me up with your categorization of people.  Just tell me who is the minority when you group all of your "minorities" together?   To you everyone who is not white christian male is a minority.   God you are a loon.  :nuts: