Good first enduro cycle

5 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Shitty sled weather has me thinking about buying an enduro for buzzing back and forth to the shop and riding in the woods and on dirt/gravel roads. :bc:

Any ideas?

lol me and a bud were just on the phone talking about the KTM/ Husqvarna  

I had a Honda XL650 that I bought new back in 2005. It was a great dirt road bike. Not good for the woods or sandpits  because of the weight and gearing. I loved my XR400 for that stuff, but it wasn't street legal.  It wasn't comfortable enough for longer trips. If I were to do it again I would look at the KLR 650. Much more comfortable than the Honda for those longer trips.

I still have a old ass tw200 I keep at a buds in the UP I love that bike not fast but a mule that will go anyplace and cheep as chit when u find hold overs . and they don't change.

and really u can buy one use ten yrs and  only loose a grand if u buy right . deff more of a woods bike than a street bike but works for the street   

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ckf said:

I think those were pretty good bikes. It's going to be a good compromise bike best in the woods and on the dirt. I don't think it would be very comfortable for longer rides.

Sounds about perfect for me. :bc:

• Like 1

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

Sounds about perfect for me. :bc:

That's where I started out, too. But it got boring riding the same area all the time. As I started to travel further away I wished that I had a more comfortable bike.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I'd do the zuk before the Honda

I'd do the Kawasaki before either of them. But it all comes down to what you want. I had the Honda and wished I had bought the KLR after I tried a friends bike.

• Platinum Contributing Member
57 minutes ago, ckf said:

I'd do the Kawasaki before either of them. But it all comes down to what you want. I had the Honda and wished I had bought the KLR after I tried a friends bike.

I didn't see the Kawi, what was it?? The Honda just looked used up to me

31 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I didn't see the Kawi, what was it?? The Honda just looked used up to me

He didn't list a Kawasaki, I was just saying that is what I would look for if I were to do it again :bc:

1 think I found out this week is that in MN the European dirtbikes KTM Husky are not classified as dirt or street . so that said U can have your dealer get u a street tittle for your new 300ktm 2st

guy I was with had 2 both with plates and titles .

I found out this week what my next bike will be . a nice XC300ktm with plates it will be a nice little brother to the duke in the shed .

also just a fyi that little 300 was right there with the 450 thumpers with the timber sleds . it had a few light mods but still