‘If the public knew what Congress knows’ they would boycott the inauguration too

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

I've seen so many that have been handed money or businesses by their parents manage to spend it partying or run the business into the ground. Sad. A recent poll of baby boomers that are currently retiring in large numbers show 86% say they are going to spend what they worked for and want for nothing in their retirements. The kids can have whatever happens to be left over.

Different from what their parents did where they were much more concerned for having something to leave their kids. The millennial generation may actually have to work for their future.

I have seen both,  either grow the business or venture into something new successfully while others crash and burn.  Some within the same family, some kids have it, others don't.   Once established it is much easier to grow or at least maintain a business that is essentially set, although many kids do not want anything to do with the family business, I can't say I blame them.  You spend far to long at work to do something you don't like, perhaps that is why so many are destined to fail.  

Like the old saying, the first $xx is the hardest to make, after that it gets easier.  Its unfortunate a lot of sharp minds will never have the opportunity to start a venture as they would put many of these silver spooners to shame.