‘If the public knew what Congress knows’ they would boycott the inauguration too

‘If the public knew what Congress knows’ they would boycott the inauguration too

David Edwards
19 Jan 2017 at 09:42 ET                   

Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) on Thursday asserted that the general public would boycott Donald Trump’s presidential inauguration if they had access to classified information about Russia’s interference in the U.S. election.

During an interview with CNN’s Chris Cuomo, Cummings explained that he would be attending the inauguration but he defended the more than 50 Democratic lawmakers who have vowed not to show up.

“You’ve got to understand that members of Congress have a lot of information that the public does not have,” Cummings said. “And I can tell you over the last week or two, the classified briefings that I have been to, and if the public knew what members of Congress know…”

“Why don’t they?” Cuomo interrupted. “If it’s that important that it’s going to make people not go to the inauguration… shouldn’t people know?”

Cummings argued that Congress needed to move forward with an investigation into the role both Russia and FBI Director James Comey played in influencing the U.S. election so that more information could be released to the public.

“It seems as if the Republicans are sort of letting President-elect Trump sort of just move forward with regard to the conflict of interest issues [and] this whole hacking issue,” the Maryland Democrat noted. “And I’m really concerned that we as Democrats have to push harder on Republicans to do something so that our standards are met and that he gets rid of these conflicts and he also deals with the hacking.”

Cummings said, however, that he would be attending the inauguration.

“I want to be a witness to history,” he told Cuomo. “But I also want it understood that this our watch and we’ve got to protect this democracy. This, to me, is bigger than President-elect Trump. I’m concerned that we are moving slowly but surely towards a crisis of a legitimacy with regard to our core institutions: CIA, FBI, NSA.”

“Even our Office of Government Ethics has been attacked by the Republicans,” the lawmaker pointed out. “At some point a lot of information is going to come to me as the top person on the Oversight and Government Reform committee and I don’t want anybody to say, ‘Well, he was just one the people that was protesting.’ I want them to understand, this is not about Democrat or Republican.”

“We need Congress 9/11-type panel,” Cummings concluded.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/elijah-cummings-if-the-public-knew-what-congress-knows-they-would-boycott-the-inauguration-too/

17 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

David Edwards

Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) on Thursday asserted that the general public would boycott Donald Trump’s presidential inauguration if they had access to classified information about Russia’s interference in the U.S. election.

During an interview with CNN’s Chris Cuomo, Cummings explained that he would be attending the inauguration but he defended the more than 50 Democratic lawmakers who have vowed not to show up.

“You’ve got to understand that members of Congress have a lot of information that the public does not have,” Cummings said. “And I can tell you over the last week or two, the classified briefings that I have been to, and if the public knew what members of Congress know…”

“Why don’t they?” Cuomo interrupted. “If it’s that important that it’s going to make people not go to the inauguration… shouldn’t people know?”

Cummings argued that Congress needed to move forward with an investigation into the role both Russia and FBI Director James Comey played in influencing the U.S. election so that more information could be released to the public.

“It seems as if the Republicans are sort of letting President-elect Trump sort of just move forward with regard to the conflict of interest issues [and] this whole hacking issue,” the Maryland Democrat noted. “And I’m really concerned that we as Democrats have to push harder on Republicans to do something so that our standards are met and that he gets rid of these conflicts and he also deals with the hacking.”

“I want to be a witness to history,” he told Cuomo. “But I also want it understood that this our watch and we’ve got to protect this democracy. This, to me, is bigger than President-elect Trump. I’m concerned that we are moving slowly but surely towards a crisis of a legitimacy with regard to our core institutions: CIA, FBI, NSA.”

“Even our Office of Government Ethics has been attacked by the Republicans,” the lawmaker pointed out. “At some point a lot of information is going to come to me as the top person on the Oversight and Government Reform committee and I don’t want anybody to say, ‘Well, he was just one the people that was protesting.’ I want them to understand, this is not about Democrat or Republican.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/elijah-cummings-if-the-public-knew-what-congress-knows-they-would-boycott-the-inauguration-too/

trump donald trump donald blinking blinky

More CNN propaganda. Incredible that you lend any credence to anything from CNN. It was their poll that said Thrillery would win by a landslide. They sure don't have one hell of a good track record for accuracy. Go drink some more Koolaid

• Like 2

End of story.  Instead, cummings just continued with the manipulation and bull shit.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 02sled said:

More CNN propaganda. Incredible that you lend any credence to anything from CNN. It was their poll that said Thrillery would win by a landslide. They sure don't have one hell of a good track record for accuracy. Go drink some more Koolaid

:lol:

24 minutes ago, 02sled said:

deflect...its an actual story

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

the whole fucking world was wrong about predicting the election results and these clowns want to slam cnn and now call their news "fake", because the polls didn't jive with the results. :lmao:

Slinger, this is what you and the other dems sound like:  "Hey, look at me, I was wrong, but so was everyone else, so that makes me relevant!!!!"

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Slinger, this is what you and the other dems sound like:  "Hey, look at me, I was wrong, but so was everyone else, so that makes me relevant!!!!"

the day I care what I sound like to you is the day I leave this place forever. just because a news agency, and I don't care if it's fox, or any other rw leaner, gets poll results wrong doesn't mean I'm going to discredit everything about them from there on out. that would be some of you nitwits.

• USA Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

David Edwards

If your in-laws stopped being nice and "drained the swamp", where would your next job be?  Your on the internet 24/7, you can't be of any use to them and their business.....

27 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

If your in-laws stopped being nice and "drained the swamp", where would your next job be?  Your on the internet 24/7, you can't be of any use to them and their business.....

I am independently wealthy whats your excuse chickenhawk supporter?

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

the whole fucking world was wrong about predicting the election results and these clowns want to slam cnn and now call their news "fake", because the polls didn't jive with the results. :lmao:

:lol: The whole world according to the 'intellectual elite'! :lol: You morons and your fake news got played like a fucking fiddle.  And the best part is you still have absolutely no clue as to why. Too funny.

Actually sad, but liberal stupidity seems to have few limits.

7 minutes ago, Rw06GT said:

:lol: The whole world according to the 'intellectual elite'! :lol: You morons and your fake news got played like a fucking fiddle.  And the best part is you still have absolutely no clue as to why. Too funny.

you remind me of someone who got a big inheritance. 

10 minutes ago, Rw06GT said:

:lol:

Thread closed. :lmao:

15 minutes ago, Rw06GT said:

for the 1670th time, I KNOW WHY WE LOST.........

the country is full of dumb shits who believe in things Hillary being into pedophilia,  a crooked millionaire who offshores his own jobs is going to save theirs, a swamp rat is going to drain the swamp in DC, that the piss running down their necks is trickle-down......

why do you bozos keep making that statement? i bet you and pops, after you get your weekly allowance, laugh at these morons. but because they're in a majority in here, and you want some friends or something, you put on this act. or are you truly this dumb?

10 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

for the 1670th time, I KNOW WHY WE LOST.........

the country is full of dumb shits who believe in things Hillary being into pedophilia,  a crooked millionaire who offshores his own jobs is going to save theirs, a swamp rat is going to drain the swamp in DC, that the piss running down their necks is trickle-down......

why do you bozos keep making that statement? i bet you and pops, after you get your weekly allowance, laugh at these morons. but because they're in a majority in here, and you want some friends or something, you put on this act. or are you truly this dumb?

Damn 1670 attempts and you still don't have a clue. You would think statistically you would have found one by now...