Barrett-Jackson

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, Dave said:

The had no reserves for a number years....my thinking they brought it back so they would still get high quality cars even if the money wasnt out there.

When the first reserve car crossed the block they said there were a dozen or so.

Years back it seemed like half the cars had a reserve.

Look at old Burt...lol

If you seen him when he was on Fast and Loud, he didn't look good.

Edited by Blackstar

16 hours ago, dz246 said:

That mid engine 1970 mustang......:x

Ya, that was a strange combo but well put together.

What was wrong with the GM Monte Carlo? Dale Sr. involved prototype. Not that it's particularly pretty but it had some story to it. Sold for $30k.

1997 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO "INTIMIDATOR" SHOW CAR - Front 3/4 - 201598

Edited by Blackstar

1968 Ford F250 Crewcab. Sold for $33k. Bet you couldn't build that for double.

Steve said it was 2 cabs welded together but he is wrong. They had factory crewcabs in 68. I have a friend who was buying them up 25 years ago. He had 4 or 5 complete trucks, plus cabs and doors, all 68's to 72's as he thought they would be worth big money some day. He had them stored in his fathers barn when it burned to the ground 10 years ago.

1968 FORD F-250 CUSTOM PICKUP - Side Profile - 200813

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Steve said it was 2 cabs welded together but he is wrong. They had factory crewcabs in 68. I have a friend who was buying them up 25 years ago. He had 4 or 5 complete trucks, plus cabs and doors, all 68's to 72's as he thought they would be worth big money some day. He had them stored in his fathers barn when it burned to the ground 10 years ago.

Damn, those are really cool trucks.... :sad:  :sad:  :sad: 

18 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Ya, that was a strange combo but well put together.

What was wrong with the GM Monte Carlo? Dale Sr. involved prototype. Not that it's particularly pretty but it had some story to it. Sold for $30k.

1997 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO "INTIMIDATOR" SHOW CAR - Front 3/4 - 201598

Like you said, not pretty at all and had a v6. I wouldn't pay 10k for that turd. The street versions were ugly as hell, not sure what GM was thinking.

Dale Jr race car and custom Chevelle went for big bucks, more than they were worth if you ask me. And Burt's Firebird at 250,000. A bit much but a nice looking car.  

15 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

Like you said, not pretty at all and had a v6. I wouldn't pay 10k for that turd. The street versions were ugly as hell, not sure what GM was thinking.

Dale Jr race car and custom Chevelle went for big bucks, more than they were worth if you ask me. And Burt's Firebird at 250,000. A bit much but a nice looking car.  

Ya, but it came right from the GM development Department. Dale Earnhardt had his hand in it and it was named the Intimidator. I would thought some GM dealer would buy that to stick in their archive. Even Craig Jackson grabbed the mic and said there was a 1 in front of that number the last time it sold.

Dale Jr's race car/Chevelle was for charity so I don't look at what it sells for as any indication of value. Half the time the buyer goes and donates it again.

Burt won't be around forever. Not sure how that car will do in the future but you can't find another one. Strange that it wasn't a Trans Am though.

Edited by Blackstar

I'd like to know the back story on those Canadian barn find vehicles that went through at the end of the auction.

1979 Chev Nomad Van, 217 miles.

1979 CHEVROLET NOMAD VAN - Side Profile - 204703

1980 C10 with 962 miles.

1980 CHEVROLET C-10 PICKUP - Side Profile - 204681

1980 C20 with 443 miles.

1980 CHEVROLET C-20 PICKUP - Front 3/4 - 204683

All they said was that they were all from the same seller and were found together in a barn in November of 2016. Cleaned up and new tires.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

1968 FORD F-250 CUSTOM PICKUP - Side Profile - 200813

Dodge and International Harvester sold lots of crew cabs to the U.S. govt.  / local govt. Sadly they rusted way worse than the Fords. Cool old truck.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I'd like to know the back story on those Canadian barn find vehicles that went through at the end of the auction.

1979 Chev Nomad Van, 217 miles.

1979 CHEVROLET NOMAD VAN - Side Profile - 204703

1980 C10 with 962 miles.

1980 CHEVROLET C-10 PICKUP - Side Profile - 204681

1980 C20 with 443 miles.

1980 CHEVROLET C-20 PICKUP - Front 3/4 - 204683

All they said was that they were all from the same seller and were found together in a barn in November of 2016. Cleaned up and new tires.

Those C 10/20's are badass.

Edited by Biggie Smails

A kick ass muscle car is as good as life gets. I'm talking a 10 second street ride. Ford,chevy,mopar all have them. Enjoy

unfortunately in snowmobile land there is only one fast sled and that is arctic cat... turbo. I wish the other manufacturers would get on board but they won't. They have had a decade to play now and they won't come out on the field and play ball. Sad/pathetic 

13 minutes ago, Jet said:

A kick ass muscle car is as good as life gets. I'm talking a 10 second street ride. Ford,chevy,mopar all have them. Enjoy

unfortunately in snowmobile land there is only one fast sled and that is arctic cat... turbo. I wish the other manufacturers would get on board but they won't. They have had a decade to play now and they won't come out on the field and play ball. Sad/pathetic 

Agreed.

Polaris has nothing to offer since they embarrassed themselves with their version of a 4 stroke.

Yamaha and Cat are both in the market but with the same sled.

Doo faithful have been crying for a stronger 4 stroke for years but it has yet to come.

• 8 months later...
On 1/17/2017 at 10:20 PM, racinfarmer said:

"And next across the stage we have a 1976 L-48 Corvette Coupe with only one gauge not working instead of the usual most of them not working."

C3 vettes we're the worst vettes ever...

On 1/22/2017 at 9:00 PM, Jet said:

I'm thinking a new Lamborghini Aventador SV would be better then any muscle car I can think of.  

Now where did I put that extra $600,000?

On 1/17/2017 at 11:05 PM, Blackstar said:

I know a bunch of you guys hate this auction but I'm a fan.

I really like that they know do Tuesdays since this is when a lot of the normal vehicles cross the block.

A ton of pickups tonight, clones, drivers and late 70's cars.

Interesting to see the 70's corvettes starting to climb in value.

I almost jumped on a plane last night. Some great deals.

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

I don't think I'd ever own one.  Dealing with my friend's is enough for me.  Even the early C4's weren't that great, but definitely better then the C3's.

No doubt. The c3's were rattle trap, slow pieces of shit. The c4's weren't much better. The c5's we're a major improvement. C6 & C7's are pretty fucking great. The only retro Vette I would ever consider is the 67 427 stingray. 

1 minute ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

No doubt. The c3's were rattle trap, slow pieces of shit. The c4's weren't much better. The c5's we're a major improvement. C6 & C7's are pretty fucking great. The only retro Vette I would ever consider is the 67 427 stingray. 

I think the only C4 Vette I'd own is a 96 Grand Sport. 

After that, it'd have to be back to something like a 63 Stingray or something in the C2 style at least. 

I don't think I'd own a C3. 

Someone at work has a new ZR1 and I am slightly green with envy at times.  

Then again, I found a 2007 911 Turbo for under $50,000, and man, I really lust after that fine piece of German engineering.  

My God, the things I would do to own this.

'67 Bronco, 289, uncut, 125 miles since full restoration.

Sold for $59k. Too steep for me but damn that's as good as it gets.

59ea96297afec_67bronco.thumb.jpg.358e027022a2e4fca9d4ec7e7cbbaf4c.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

C3 vettes we're the worst vettes ever...

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

I don't think I'd ever own one.  Dealing with my friend's is enough for me.  Even the early C4's weren't that great, but definitely better then the C3's.

7 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Neither of you know anything about C3 Corvettes 

3 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Neither of you know anything about C3 Corvettes 

My old man had one and I've worked on my friend's enough to know that I have 0 desire to have one.  This winter is engine rebuild/upgrade on my friend's.