Barrett-Jackson

• Platinum Contributing Member

I know a bunch of you guys hate this auction but I'm a fan.

I really like that they know do Tuesdays since this is when a lot of the normal vehicles cross the block.

A ton of pickups tonight, clones, drivers and late 70's cars.

Interesting to see the 70's corvettes starting to climb in value.

13 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I know a bunch of you guys hate this auction but I'm a fan.

I really like that they know do Tuesdays since this is when a lot of the normal vehicles cross the block.

A ton of pickups tonight, clones, drivers and late 70's cars.

Interesting to see the 70's corvettes starting to climb in value.

"And next across the stage we have a 1976 L-48 Corvette Coupe with only one gauge not working instead of the usual most of them not working."

7 minutes ago, dz246 said:

I was watching it. That blue Bronco was cool.

The "sold sticker" girl was nice.......... :lol: 

I love the look of Bobtails. I had a big hard on for one for a bunch of years. Looked at buying one when I was 20 but never did. Then a friend had a fully rebuilt one for sale and I headed over there with cash in hand. Once I sat in it, I knew I'd never buy one. The interior dimensions are just too small for me.

I owned a 79 Freewheelin Bronco 25 years ago and I'd buy another if I could duplicate the reflective stripes.

79 Bronco.jpg

free_wheel.jpg

Theckicky was writing the sale price in the sold sticker too which I think is new.

Edited by Blackstar

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I love the look of Bobtails. I had a big hard on for one for a bunch of years. Looked at buying one when I was 20 but never did. Then a friend had a fully rebuilt one for sale and I headed over there with cash in hand. Once I sat in it, I knew I'd never buy one. The interior dimensions are just too small for me.

I owned a 79 Freewheelin Bronco 25 years ago and I'd buy another if I could duplicate the reflective stripes.

79 Bronco.jpg

free_wheel.jpg

Theckicky was writing the sale price in the sold sticker too which I think is new.

lol I shit u not I owned that Courier . same paint same push bar but no roll bar.

btw why did we ever get rid of wing windows I trucks? I was in a old blazer few weeks ago and forgot how much I liked them

Edited by Ez ryder

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

79 Bronco.jpg

free_wheel.jpg

Nice :bc:  Don't think I've seen any of those. Need to do a little work on my 77 f-250 in the spring.

I was the only guy locally with a Bronco in those decals. There was a pickup in town with the same. There is a guy who has made replacement decals. Last time I checked they were around $900 for a set.

My first vehicle was a '77 F100 Stepside with the Freewheelin stripe package. It had aftermarket stacks and dingle ball curtains in the rear window....lol

My dad bought it for me when I was 17.

In the late 70's and into the 80's, decals were a big deal since performance was dead.

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I was the only guy locally with a Bronco in those decals. There was a pickup in town with the same. There is a guy who has made replacement decals. Last time I checked they were around $900 for a set.

My first vehicle was a '77 F100 Stepside with the Freewheelin stripe package. It had aftermarket stacks and dingle ball curtains in the rear window....lol

My dad bought it for me when I was 17.

In the late 70's and into the 80's, decals were a big deal since performance was dead.

:lol: 

This one has the explorer package. Red with white stripes down hood and side.

I had a 76 vette about 8 yrs ago, one owner 12,000 original miles, original Firestone tires in perfect shape, white w/ red interior, got 19k for it

The 73-80 vettes will come up in price but never was a C2 is worth

I have this vette now, it was my dads, hes had it since 81

20160820_120315.jpg

Edited by MiSledder
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MiSledder said:

I had a 76 vette about 8 yrs ago, one owner 12,000 original miles, original Firestone tires in perfect shape, white w/ red interior, got 19k for it

The 73-80 vettes will come up in price but never was a C2 is worth

I have this vette now, it was my dads, hes had it since 81

20160820_120315.jpg

That's a nice looking vette.

My buddy just bought a '69 this summer.2 owner car, second owner had it for 25 years and was a GM mechanic. Its a 350 auto with 50,000 miles on it. He paid $25k for it and thought it was a good deal. Said he'd been looking for 5 years and there was a lot of junk out there. He had seen this car at a car show 2 years earlier and gave the guy his card. The guy called him up and said I'm selling if your still interested.

26 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Ruined the hobby.

I agree.  When the rich "fat cats" that don't know how to mix bondo or change out a rocker panel started showing up along side their own personal money pit restored cars at the car shows and piling up the trophies....I lost interest.  I want to see and talk to the guy that put his  love, dimes, blood, sweat and tears into his car and drove it to the fucking show.  Those are the guys that keep these classics on the road and popular.  Not the rich dude that dropped $150 grand into the restoration to get $85k for it at auction and could give a fuck less.  

I'm simple that way I guess. :dunno:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I agree.  When the rich "fat cats" that don't know how to mix bondo or change out a rocker panel started showing up along side their own personal money pit restored cars at the car shows and piling up the trophies....I lost interest.  I want to see and talk to the guy that put his  love, dimes, blood, sweat and tears into his car and drove it to the fucking show.  Those are the guys that keep these classics on the road and popular.  Not the rich dude that dropped $150 grand into the restoration to get $85k for it at auction and could give a fuck less.  

I'm simple that way I guess. :dunno:

As a whole, it has inflated the price of old cars out of the range of most enthusiast coming into the hobby.

Most of the guys I know with cars have had them for years, before the auction phenomenon.  Putting together 20 thousand  for a toy is in most peoples grasp, 60-80 thousand is not.  

You are right, these guys are checkbook enthusiasts, which is fine if you don't have the skills, but selling and buying these cars for outrageous money, to pump your ego, hurts the little guys.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

As a whole, it has inflated the price of old cars out of the range of most enthusiast coming into the hobby.

Most of the guys I know with cars have had them for years, before the auction phenomenon.  Putting together 20 thousand  for a toy is in most peoples grasp, 60-80 thousand is not.  

You are right, these guys are checkbook enthusiasts, which is fine if you don't have the skills, but selling and buying these cars for outrageous money, to pump your ego, hurts the little guys.   

Now everyone with an old farted out car in their yard thinks it worth 15k

Edited by MiSledder

12 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

Now everyone with an old farted out car in their yard thinks it worth 15k

Yup,

No, its not a "rare classic"................... it is a ugly ass shit pile that no one wanted then and still don't.

:lol:

Did a little work to this a few months back.  65 thousand dollar car. Looked beautiful at first glance.  Once I got into it , found out it was all patches.  Felt horrible for the customer, really nice guy.  He thought he was buying from a reputable place, and they scammed him.

IMG_20160901_121113460_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160901_131227113.jpg

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Did a little work to this a few months back.  65 thousand dollar car. Looked beautiful at first glance.  Once I got into it , found out it was all patches.  Felt horrible for the customer, really nice guy.  He thought he was buying from a reputable place, and they scammed him.

IMG_20160901_121113460_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160901_131227113.jpg

How do you know they scammed him?

Where did he buy it from?

30 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

How do you know they scammed him?

Where did he buy it from?

It came with a nice build sheet of all things that were supposedly done to it. It was suppose to be a frame off / frame up restoration. They smeared bondo over it. We went to replace the back glass, and after it was pulled there was nothing to hold the new glass in. pinch weld was all rotted. they never pulled anything.   Patch panels right over old rusted quarters and wheel housings. 

They are well known around here............I'm not going to say who. 

Those old cars and trucks are pieces of shit compared to the ones today. With the prices some of them are going for I would much rather have a newer model. And with the rust on those old things... Fuck that.

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Those old cars and trucks are pieces of shit compared to the ones today. With the prices some of them are going for I would much rather have a newer model. And with the rust on those old things... Fuck that.

Thanks mc

Edited by MiSledder

21 minutes ago, Anler said:

People are not buying them to commute back & forth to work.

If you didn't grow up in it or around it, then it is probably meaningless to you.

• Like 1