****2017 Official Riding Pics Thread****

Here we go...didn't see one of these so I thought I'd start some for those of us that want to post a pic or a story...or both!

We left out yesterday on a beautiful day....in the 20's and decent trails...a bit soft so fast speeds were a challenge and we fought track spin a bit all day.  Lotsa folks let us pass and WOW how welcoming that was!   Thanks to those that paid attention behind them yesterday.  :bc:

Fun story that'll get all you Ski-Doo natives all riled up-  

On our way back we ran into a group of four Doo guys all decked out with new sleds (oldest was a 2016 rene) and matching gear!  Well, to be fair we had our matching gear too... :lmao: Anywho...one had the new Doo with all the bells and whistles..adjustable running board thing, adjustible carbides, and all the other girly shit he was oh so happy to show off.  We hadn't seen the new model in person so he was happy to "sell" it all.  Hey, no problem, we're all sledders and we had some nice ribbing as apparently, these boys were some pretty serious riders also.  So, after we traded a few brand jabs, we found out we were all going the same way back, so one of them suggested we join up with them.  Well, we are a bit "aggressive" and while they could have been too...we wanted to go first seeing how all of them had stock skis. :lol: One of them, the one with the 2017 "fully adjustable" sled, yelled out under his helmet, "if we need to pass, we'll signal at the first road crossing".  Me and my buddy just looked at each other... I mean DAMN!  Some fucking ballers!  And he's a cross country racer with a numbered sled!  I guess they didn't pick up on that or they didn't feel a glance at the green was worth their eyesight. :lmao: 

Our first stop was 6 miles away at a road intersection.  We both looked back...where the fuck are they?  So we waited...and waited.  There they are...so, off we went again.  The next stop was at a shelter about 4 miles away.  Again...where in the fuck are they? So we stopped, my buddy went to go take a dump (greasy fries) and I just undressed to cool off.  Here they come!  They all dismount and the leader, "Mr. Adjustable" , said..."You guys are fucking crazy!"...I said.....(ready?  Ready for this?)    .................."You just need to adjust your fucking carbides."

:rockernana::lol2::lol::lmao:

We all laughed.  When we headed out for the final stretch, they just told us to go ahead. :lol:  There's a moral to this story here about shit talking.....at least for some of us. :wall:  :lol:Anyway, I'm not much of a shutter bug but here's a couple of pics.

Jan14 3.jpg

Jan14 2.jpg

Jan14.jpg

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Here we go...didn't see one of these so I thought I'd start some for those of us that want to post a pic or a story...or both!

We left out yesterday on a beautiful day....in the 20's and decent trails...a bit soft so fast speeds were a challenge and we fought track spin a bit all day.  Lotsa folks let us pass and WOW how welcoming that was!   Thanks to those that paid attention behind them yesterday.  :bc:

Fun story that'll get all you Ski-Doo natives all riled up-  

On our way back we ran into a group of four Doo guys all decked out with new sleds (oldest was a 2016 rene) and matching gear!  Well, to be fair we had our matching gear too... :lmao: Anywho...one had the new Doo with all the bells and whistles..adjustable running board thing, adjustible carbides, and all the other girly shit he was oh so happy to show off.  We hadn't seen the new model in person so he was happy to "sell" it all.  Hey, no problem, we're all sledders and we had some nice ribbing as apparently, these boys were some pretty serious riders also.  So, after we traded a few brand jabs, we found out we were all going the same way back, so one of them suggested we join up with them.  Well, we are a bit "aggressive" and while they could have been too...we wanted to go first seeing how all of them had stock skis. :lol: One of them, the one with the 2017 "fully adjustable" sled, yelled out under his helmet, "if we need to pass, we'll signal at the first road crossing".  Me and my buddy just looked at each other... I mean DAMN!  Some fucking ballers!  And he's a cross country racer with a numbered sled!  I guess they didn't pick up on that or they didn't feel a glance at the green was worth their eyesight. :lmao: 

Our first stop was 6 miles away at a road intersection.  We both looked back...where the fuck are they?  So we waited...and waited.  There they are...so, off we went again.  The next stop was at a shelter about 4 miles away.  Again...where in the fuck are they? So we stopped, my buddy went to go take a dump (greasy fries) and I just undressed to cool off.  Here they come!  They all dismount and the leader, "Mr. Adjustable" , said..."You guys are fucking crazy!"...I said.....(ready?  Ready for this?)    .................."You just need to adjust your fucking carbides."

:rockernana::lol2::lol::lmao:

We all laughed.  When we headed out for the final stretch, they just told us to go ahead. :lol:  There's a moral to this story here about shit talking.....at least for some of us. :wall:  :lol:Anyway, I'm not much of a shutter bug but here's a couple of pics.

:lmao:

Great story Z, thanks for sharing :bc:

Just now, Zambroski said:

You're probably going to have to save it as a .gif file first.  Just click "save as" and make sure it's a gif not a tif

:dunno:

thanks for the help but I'm fuckin done with it. pissed me off all to hell. now I gotta buy a new tv because I threw my laptop at it. 

fuckin snowmobiles 

Been a good couple days here. Sent everyone home and sitting in the cabin watching the tube and looking out at a bluebird day hungover as fuck again today. Yesterday was a rough go to and I don't think we let the camp till 1130 and then only went out for a few hours then hit the bar up and then back to camp and up till 2 this morning. Thing all head out after I eat some food. Tomorrow should be perfect when the traffic is gone and things get groomed up tonight. 

20170114_141048.jpg

20170113_130055.jpg

20170113_195822.jpg

FB_IMG_1484435343729.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Been a good couple days here. Sent everyone home and sitting in the cabin watching the tube and looking out at a bluebird day hungover as fuck again today. Yesterday was a rough go to and I don't think we let the camp till 1130 and then only went out for a few hours then hit the bar up and then back to camp and up till 2 this morning. Thing all head out after I eat some food. Tomorrow should be perfect when the traffic is gone and things get groomed up tonight. 

FB_IMG_1484435343729.jpg

:lol:

Nice!  looks like you guys have decent coverage up there.

• Platinum Contributing Member
50 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Nice Rigid!  How's your son taking to the trails?

He is doing good,..couple issues both rides,.nothing major,..just safety concerns...but he is learning,..doing good staying to the right, he hasn't out ridden his skill yet,..61MI today, he fell asleep in the truck on the way back,..he is going to sleep very good tonight.. It's fun riding with him, been waiting to do this for a very long time..:bc:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

He is doing good,..couple issues both rides,.nothing major,..just safety concerns...but he is learning,..doing good staying to the right, he hasn't out ridden his skill yet,..61MI today, he fell asleep in the truck on the way back,..he is going to sleep very good tonight.. It's fun riding with him, been waiting to do this for a very long time..:bc:

That's great.  I was telling somebody why I am glad my wife and kid don't ride the other day.  My wife never really caught the bug and my daughter wouldn't listen to me and was dangerous and could really care less...so, she's out.  Kinda sad but this is MY TIME and I don't like to ride slow so it worked out well for me.

Hey, I'm surprised your boy isn't outrunning you yet with that Cat!  You tape up the throttle on him?:lol:

:bc: