LL Bean boycott

i haven't purchased anything from this company in years. it seems like a company that has a strong liberal following. their alignment with subaru and various environmental groups. it'll be interesting to see the outcome that this trump endorsement has on their bottom line. aren't they a rather large employer in maine? 

9 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

i haven't purchased anything from this company in years. it seems like a company that has a strong liberal following. their alignment with subaru and various environmental groups. it'll be interesting to see the outcome that this trump endorsement has on their bottom line. aren't they a rather large employer in maine? 

She hurt the business for sure.

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAH BWAHAHDHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH hAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

LL Bean has reported a strong "uptick" in business since this "boycott".

SBYL.

sure...those would be sympathetic trump humpers trying to do what their leader says. i'm referring to their regular customer base. 

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

sure...those would be sympathetic trump humpers trying to do what their leader says. i'm referring to their regular customer base. 

"regular customer base".  What does that mean?  A compay's customer base is fluid.  Customers come and customers go.  Money is same color.

Just now, Zambroski said:

"regular customer base".  What does that mean?  A companies base is fluid.  Customers come and customers go.  Money is same color.

did you order your pair of fingerless, oatmeal colored wool gloves?. :lol:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

No, but did get my daughter a ridiculously over priced pair of boots for Christmas.  Now I feel better about it though.

thank you for your support of the sierra club. much appreciated. 

One of the board of directors of llbean gave almost a million bucks to Obama and was a top 10 donor. I don't recall any outrage about that. Hmmmm....

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

LL Bean....the outdoor wannabe clothing store. :lol:  

Yep....posers everywhere!

"Look at me...I'm a hardcore hiker/camper!  Has anybody seen my box of granola and case of spring water packaged in recycled plastic?  Who did I loan my boot polish to?"

:lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yep....posers everywhere!

"Look at me...I'm a hardcore hiker/camper!  Has anybody seen my box of granola and case of spring water packaged in recycled plastic?  Who did I loan my boot polish to?"

:lol:

If a guy showed up to hunt with me in ll bean gear he would get shit the entire time we hunted. :lol:   

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

If a guy showed up to hunt with me in ll bean gear he would get shit the entire time we hunted. :lol:   

But I bet his shit would look picture perfect!  Clean and pressed!  I've known people like that.....they pull their $10,000 shotgun out of the case in two parts and can't figure out how to put it together.  Doesn't matter though...they can't hit shit with it anyway.  They'd be more successful throwing rocks. And a lot less dangerous.  Last grouse hunt I was on years ago, I made one of them walk in front of me off to one side.  I figured it may give me time enough to duck or take cover.  Idiot.:lol:

26 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Linda Bean is only one of over 50 family member owners.

Bean makes their famous boots in Maine....probably 6-8 styles and employ many Mainers. They also down the road from their flagship store In freeport storehave their warehousing and shipping operations. Its a great company that has a dolt as a member.