What's for dinner???

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Glass bottle = real sugar and not that high fruictose corn syrup shit.

I drink very little pop, but I will order one of those before a beer,if I see it on the menu. I love that shit.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Woodtick said:

I drink very little pop, but I will order one of those before a beer,if I see it on the menu. I love that shit.

Don't blame ya. Good stuff. An IBC black cherry in a glass bottle goes good too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Glass bottle = real sugar and not that high fruictose corn syrup shit.

There's a little market by my house and the other day I bought a cane sugar Birch Beer in a glass bottle...fuck was it good. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

There's a little market by my house and the other day I bought a cane sugar Birch Beer in a glass bottle...fuck was it good. 

Love that stuff.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I hadn't had one in years....going back for more. 

My favorite snack as a kid was a frozen Snickers bar and a birch beer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

My favorite snack as a kid was a frozen Snickers bar and a birch beer.

Birch Beer seems to be a regional thing as I don't see it here very often and back in the early 80's when I first tried it a buddy had brought some back from a family trip to Pennsylvania. When I was a lad there was nothing better than a tall glass bottle of Squirt....damn good.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Birch Beer seems to be a regional thing as I don't see it here very often and back in the early 80's when I first tried it a buddy had brought some back from a family trip to Pennsylvania. When I was a lad there was nothing better than a tall glass bottle of Squirt....damn good.

Not the best but I think Polar is national and they make it. I've seen it locally at IGA.

polar-soda-birch-beer-33-8-fl-oz-12-coun

25 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

x2

When I was a kid it was Varsity Birch Beer. It was clear and also in a clear bottle with a blue cap. My great grandfather ran Kendall's bottling plant in Conway.

Edit: found pic of the cap.

raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg

unlisted-varsity-birch-beer-cork_1_940b1

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Ill get the polar every now and then. Got to drink it quick as it goes flat fast.

I always grab a 4 pack of Stewart's whenever I see it. Most stores seem to carry every Stewart's flavor except Birch Beer.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

This is the one I had...want to try Red one next.

All that I've seen around here is the red. It's very good :bc:

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Is there a market basket in Littleton? I believe they carry it.

Nope. The Wally World is even a Supermarket.  Just a Shaws for major grocery store :(

Stopped by Aldi for a skirt steak for tomorrow night and picked up some chili thai shrimp or something like that for tonight. 

Damn I was surprised at how good it was!  Getting it again.  

Edited by racinfarmer

15 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Gnocchi with homemade sauce and meatballs. 

Yummy.

AC0CA560-56E3-4922-8C6B-00008B5EDA88.jpeg

My nonna used to make it, but she's been gone for a while. Haven't had any real homemade gnocchi in a long time.

Just now, SVT Renegade XRS said:

My nonna used to make it, but she's been gone for a while. Haven't had any real homemade gnocchi in a long time.

The gnocchi I bought at the grocery store. Most I’ve tried are not good, but this one was excellent.

18 minutes ago, Edmo said:

The gnocchi I bought at the grocery store. Most I’ve tried are not good, but this one was excellent.

There's a couple of Italian places around here that have it, but not the same as homemade.  Used to get it at a place in South Warren called Firenze , but it's not the same since the mom isn't alive anymore.