What's for dinner???

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That sounds good...been awhile since we've made that.

We cheated and bought ours pre-made at the local market.  Still tasty though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Ill do that at the butcher every now and again.

Libbeys Meat Market in Lyndonville has a bunch of good stuff. You should rent my neighbors little shack for the season next winter. I can tell you like to eat as well as I do and we could have some good cookouts :thumb:

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, ckf said:

Libbeys Meat Market in Lyndonville has a bunch of good stuff. You should rent my neighbors little shack for the season next winter. I can tell you like to eat as well as I do and we could have some good cookouts :thumb:

whats he get for the shack?

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

whats he get for the shack?

It's a little cabin that he and his Dad and some friends used to rent for the season from the past owner. It has 2 sets of bunk beds, small kitchen and a small bathroom with a shower. Nothing special, but I think he would rent it pretty cheap for the season. He's wanted to rent it since he bought it but hasn't pushed it on the net like he should.

On 3/7/2019 at 6:32 PM, Rigid1 said:

Those are good,..I get a them at the wholesale Club all the time.. Perfect for my boy to mow down after school

I grew up on those. Tasty at the time but I refuse to buy them today.  Jack's, Roma, and Totinos party pizzas too.

Lotza motza is my favorite but no way I'm buying those for a teenage kid.

15 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

What do you bread them in to make them crispy and delicious? 

Soak in buttermilk and egg, dip in panco? Doesn't look like panco. Fucking tip of my hat to you either way, those look amazing! 

Two different ways. On the left 1st dipped in egg wash with/milk (I didn't have any butter milk unfortunately) then roll in a mixture of Italian bread crumbs and flower.  On the right rolled in flower, then in the egg wash, then italian bread crumbs.  Both ways are really good , but I like method #2 better.  Fried them in canola oil in a pan. 

:bc: Thanks.  They were very delicious   Bella agreed :lol:

IMG_20190318_213345991.thumb.jpg.2f497399e6edde387adf4ac41a40d818.jpg

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:
  • Half and half works essentially the same. :thumbsup: :saluting:

That's what I used :bc:  Always use buttermilk but I don't normally keep any in the fridge unless it for deep frying batter, making ranch dressing or another recipe. I didn't plan on cooking these tonight, and i didn't feel like going to Kroger once I decide to cook them instead of vacuum sealing and freezing them.  

5 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Take out pizza... :sad:

At least it's from a local joint. :ashamed:

We lost our good pizza joint a few years ago.  We did find a decent replacement, but it's not the same. Pizza Barn in Ossipee FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!