Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner???

5 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

pot roast, mashed potatoes, carrots, and super sweet corn on the cob.

The Florida corn that we have been getting at the market has been fantastic :good:

• Platinum Contributing Member
30 minutes ago, ckf said:

The Florida corn that we have been getting at the market has been fantastic :good:

Good stuff eh....I saw some corn at Meijers last week but not sure where it was from. Love Michigan Sweet Corn but I'm jonesing for some now.:bbq::bbq::bbq:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Good stuff eh....I saw some corn at Meijers last week but not sure where it was from. Love Michigan Sweet Corn but I'm jonesing for some now.:bbq::bbq::bbq:

We were surprised at how good it was considering how far away it came from. The local stuff here in late July/early August is awesome. My favorite is silver queen that comes out in late August around here :bc:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Yeah, this stuff is from Florida too. Our supermarket has it every year around this time and it's always great. :bc: 

3 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

Yeah, this stuff is from Florida too. Our supermarket has it every year around this time and it's always great. :bc: 

I'm sure you have been to Island Pond? Kingdom Market in town is where we have been getting the best corn. I got some from Price Chopper in Derby, no where near as fresh as the little market in town.

15 hours ago, ckf said:

I'm sure you have been to Island Pond? Kingdom Market in town is where we have been getting the best corn. I got some from Price Chopper in Derby, no where near as fresh as the little market in town.

Yeah but I've actually never stopped at kingdom market. Good to know though. The corn I'm getting is actually from a price chopper in my town so it must be a different source than derby's.

3 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

Yeah but I've actually never stopped at kingdom market. Good to know though. The corn I'm getting is actually from a price chopper in my town so it must be a different source than derby's.

Ted's market across from the Irving station was awesome. But they closed down about a year and a half ago. Rumor has it the owner took all the cash to go have a sex change operation. His wife had no idea how to run it so they locked the doors and let the bank have it..  After Ted's closed Kingdom Market hired some of Ted's employees for the meat dept. and they picked up their game.

Maybe just bad timing at Price Chopper on my part :bc:

FYI Been in the meat Biz for 35 years, Hi Vee supper Markets if you have one in your area is sell selling USDA Choice Rib Eye Steak for $6.99 fresh per pound go buy them out now!! the Market is $10.99-$9.99 per pound now. This has got to be the summer low IMO.:bc:

21 minutes ago, Axys1 said:

FYI Been in the meat Biz for 35 years, Hi Vee supper Markets if you have one in your area is sell selling USDA Choice Rib Eye Steak for $6.99 fresh per pound go buy them out now!! the Market is $10.99-$9.99 per pound now. This has got to be the summer low IMO.:bc:

:lmao:

I've got 2 lbs of steak tip marinating in a Steakhouse marinade for tonight. From what I've heard steak tips are more of a Northeast thing :dunno:

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

I've got 2lds of steak tip marinating in a Steakhouse marinade for tonight. From what I've heard steak tips are more of a Northeast thing :dunno:

We sell about 20K a year so its just an okay thing hear in the Midwest. 

1 minute ago, Axys1 said:

We sell about 20K a year so its just an okay thing hear in the Midwest. 

What part of sirloin do they come from? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Axys1 said:

Damn...no Hy-Vees around here and that is a smoking price for Ribeye.:bbq::bbq::bbq: