What's for dinner???

19 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Which is what exactly?

Very tasty!

new-england-cuisine-og.jpg

New England boiled dinner is the basis of a traditional New England meal, consisting of corned beef or a smoked "picnic ham" shoulder, with cabbage and added vegetable items, often including potato, rutabaga, parsnip, carrot, white turnip, and onion. With a beef roast, this meal is often known simply as corned beef and cabbage.[1] A similar Newfoundland dish is called a Jiggs dinner.

New England boiled dinner is a traditional meal on St. Patrick's Day. Ireland produced a significant amount of the corned beef in the Atlantic trade from local cattle and salt imported from the Iberian Peninsula and southwestern France. Coastal cities, such as Dublin, Belfast, and Cork, created vast beef curing and packing industries, with Cork producing half of Ireland's annual beef exports in 1668. Most of the people of Ireland during this period consumed little of the meat produced, in either fresh or salted form, due to its prohibitive cost. In the colonies the product was looked upon with disdain due to its association with poverty and slavery.

34 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Making a penne pasta and fresh salmon cassorole..or as we call it in MN, a "hot dish".  Mmmmm.

Also, Vikings are having the Paytriots for dinner!  FUCK YOU CROCKPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :lmao:

Wouldn't surprise me....   7-0 Pats right now though.....

8 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Wife made a chicken dish and then later I pulled on my chicken.

In a perfect world that would read......I made a chicken dish and then later wife pulled on my chicken. Maybe you need to start cooking. :lmao:

12 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

In a perfect world that would read......I made a chicken dish and then later wife pulled on my chicken. Maybe you need to start cooking. :lmao:

My eyes read it that way the 1st time.

:lol:

19 minutes ago, ckf said:

Wouldn't surprise me....   7-0 Pats right now though.....

It would surprise the shit outa me!  I thought the game wasn't until tonight?  LOL...I don't follow the NFL that much.  Hope you guys win!  :bc:

45 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It would surprise the shit outa me!  I thought the game wasn't until tonight?  LOL...I don't follow the NFL that much.  Hope you guys win!  :bc:

10-7 Pats at the half.

Homemade fried chix fingers with frozen fried french fries.

• Like 4

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Doing the low carb thing. Scallops over broccoli. Seasoned with smoked paprika, crushed hot red pepper, sea salt, basil. poured in a melted bliss of herb cream cheese from one of local diaries. Spicy stuff!!!  

That sounds real good

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Beleive it or not Shake and bake thick boneless chops, sweet potato and Swiss chard.

The shake and bake was awesome haven’t had it since I was a kid back in 785 BC

Shake and bake for chops is very good. I'm not a fan of shake and bake chicken though :dunno:

LOL on the bold.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Beleive it or not Shake and bake thick boneless chops, sweet potato and Swiss chard.

The shake and bake was awesome haven’t had it since I was a kid back in 785 BC

love the shake and bake pork chops

had bone in seasoned chops tonight,  seared on the pan and then 5 minutes in the over to keep them moist,  delish  

• Like 2