What's for dinner???

42 minutes ago, ckf said:

I got home from NH late. It was either that or stop at McDonalds on the way home :dunno:

I cant remember the last time i had a twinkie... probably over 25 yrs ago. :lol:

16 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i love twinkies although the last bankruptcy changed bakers and they aren't as good.  

Neither are the orange cupcakes :(

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Unmmm....yep!  Decided to throw some maple in the fire box for added heat and some smokeyness!  

Gonna be delish!

IMG_2005.JPG

They look good :bc:

Chicken Alfredo on egg noodles for us tonight.

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 6/2/2017 at 11:41 AM, Rigid1 said:

Prepping dinner for Sunday, 2.5lbs boneless/skinless chicky thighs.. 

DSC_0845.JPG

I just got my Spiede yesterday and I have some drumsticks marinating in it now. Have you tried their Chicken BBQ Sauce...I have a bottle of that as well. :bc:

This one....

IMG_2985.thumb.JPG.8243048806d99a1e463ed5a3e84359e1.JPG

Edited by Biggie Smails

8 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I just got my Spiede yesterday and I have some drumsticks marinating in it now. Have you tried their Chicken BBQ Sauce...I have a bottle of that as well. :bc:

This one....

IMG_2985.thumb.JPG.8243048806d99a1e463ed5a3e84359e1.JPG

Will those drumsticks be going on the gas grill, or a you finally going to dig out the Kettle :poke:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Will those drumsticks be going on the gas grill, or a you finally going to dig out the Kettle :poke:

Well I pulled it out of the shed this morning.....grab some coal tomorrow and good to go baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:true::thumb::bbq:

• Like 1

Just now, racinfarmer said:

So what does this sauce taste like?  Might need to order some.

Not sure but maybe some of the New Yaaakers will chime in. 

1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

Well I pulled it out of the shed this morning.....grab some coal tomorrow and good to go baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:true::thumb::bbq:

I'll need photographic evidence to believe it :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

So what does this sauce taste like?  Might need to order some.

Vinegar based,..but very well seasoned..marinade for minimum 24hrs..make sure the cap is on tight before you shake..especially fresh from the factory bottles.. The spiedie is so good!!!

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 8:16 AM, Angry ginger said:

i love twinkies although the last bankruptcy changed bakers and they aren't as good.  

I was told the white filling in the Twinkies is the only think in the plant the rats would not eat  

6 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

I pulled my smoker out of the shed opened it up and straight to the trash . the fucking mice made a condo unit out of it

We went into town for dinner after doing yard work all day. The wife and a couple friends had the prime rib and I had a rack of ribs. The place had good food and you can get there by car,boat or float plane. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Vinegar based,..but very well seasoned..marinade for minimum 24hrs..make sure the cap is on tight before you shake..especially fresh from the factory bottles.. The spiedie is so good!!!

The way I read it, it is pretty much a Italian dressing with mint and lemon juice.

41 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

The way I read it, it is pretty much a Italian dressing with mint and lemon juice.

Yep, lots of spices in it,..atleast 1" layer of spice at the bottom when all settles, clearly can see the oil and vinegar layers too..

There was a Greek marinade in a package that you added a bit of vinegar to that was damn good but haven't seen it in the stores for some time. I can make it from scratch but it was so simple