It is go time ;)

Just now, Polarissledder said:

Its a lot of fun once you learn how to do it.....

Trail riding is fun too... but didn't you buy a cabin in deep snow country?

I have had more than one sled with a 2" track dude. Had a 2" on my 03 rev 800x and 2" attack 20 on my m7 etc etc. I cut them all down because they absolutely suck on the trail and they dont hold up to any trail miles

19 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I have had more than one sled with a 2" track dude. Had a 2" on my 03 rev 800x and 2" attack 20 on my m7 etc etc. I cut them all down because they absolutely suck on the trail and they dont hold up to any trail miles

Mebbe you missed my point... I thought you were in deep snow country.  Lummox only trail rides 5% of the time nowadays.  I can't get enough of offtrail... and it will be that way till I can't do it anymore.... then its back to trail riding.... with an 1.25" track

2 minutes ago, Polarissledder said:

Mebbe you missed my point... I thought you were in deep snow country.  Lummox only trail rides 5% of the time nowadays.  I can't get enough of offtrail... and it will be that way till I can't do it anymore.... then its back to trail riding.... with an 1.25" track

ahh...I did miss your point. Yah I bought a place in deep snow country but I havent gotten into off trailing there just yet. When I do I will buy a sled that is setup strictly for that. Having only one sled and putting a 2" track on it basically eliminates you from being able to trail ride. I didnt realize the lummox was totally out of trail riding

16 hours ago, f7ben said:

There is no sled out there that I couldnt spin a wrench on 1000x better than you .....those are the facts :lol: now be careful on that new whiz bang 800 doo ....its a bit more powerful than the faggot ass 440 girl sleds you are used to :news:

Don't you ride a 600  :pc:

4 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

:lol:

What track do you have on your sled , EB ? 

1.25 rip2 with some very long studs because I dont like to lose !!!!!!!!1

Edited by f7ben

1 minute ago, Ebsell said:

Maybe momo could give him a lift 

after a nice days ride momo's pilot can return them to momo's mahagony lined office where momo takes all his men to be seduced !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

. Having only one sled and putting a 2" track on it basically eliminates you from being able to trail ride

? says who. all depends on where u ride I guess if I cant ride a trail with a 2in on it chances are real good I prob don't wont to be on that trail any way  

14 minutes ago, f7ben said:

1.25 rip2 with some very long studs because I dont like to lose !!!!!!!!1

Is that what track your sled came with? 

Mine came with a 1.50" RS1.  Swapped it out for a 1.50" RS2 And put in 160 1.625" Fast Trac Top Gun 2s

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

? says who. all depends on where u ride I guess if I cant ride a trail with a 2in on it chances are real good I prob don't wont to be on that trail any way  

I dont ride sleds without a significant amount of studs in the track .....2" tracks on the trail means lugs flying off everywhere. 2" tracks arent going 100mph + and if I cant do that there is no sense in riding. Add in the vibration , lack of lube etc etc etc and its not worth ever considering for a sled that would ever see a trail

2 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Is that what track your sled came with? 

Mine came with a 1.50" RS1.  Swapped it out for a 1.50" RS2 And put in 160 1.625" Fast Trac Top Gun 2s

yah , mine came with rip2. Have you ridden your sled yet?

1 hour ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

His place is in "deep snow country" , but look at a trail map of the UP. You can go anywhere up there by trail.  

Crossovers FTW

but much more fun to get to those same places with out using the interstate . U can not pay me to go to the UP to trail ride fucking miserable most of the time . MI  trails are the #1 reason I started exploring the logging trails and fire roads 20 yrs ago. trail can be fun but has to be tight and not full of rollers . plenty of time to ride the ribbon when I get to old to drive a snowmobile and just want to ride

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

but much more fun to get to those same places with out using the interstate . U can not pay me to go to the UP to trail ride fucking miserable most of the time . MI  trails are the #1 reason I started exploring the logging trails and fire roads 20 yrs ago. trail can be fun but has to be tight and not full of rollers . plenty of time to ride the ribbon when I get to old to drive a snowmobile and just want to ride

I love riding trails and grades and rivers etc....I do not love riding trails on weekends and especially in the yoop. The new 1.25 tracks move snow well and you can off trail just fine. Its not going to be optimal but I'll take the compromise to have good trail manners and studs

36 minutes ago, f7ben said:

you going to have it helicoptered to your offtrail spot :lol:

the 1.5 and 1.6 gives up too much when riding roads with feet of snow which is what i prefer to do.  fuck playin in the trees but i want the sled to stand a chance in a few feet of snow.  I could never go longer than a 144,  my other sled consideration for next year was a SBA with the 2.0 but i want to ride one first and gary didn't get his.  

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I love riding trails and grades and rivers etc....I do not love riding trails on weekends and especially in the yoop. The new 1.25 tracks move snow well and you can off trail just fine. Its not going to be optimal but I'll take the compromise to have good trail manners and studs

1.75 is a great do everything track.  only place it is an issue is on real icy trail and some dupont slides and scratchers eliminates most of that.  

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I dont ride sleds without a significant amount of studs in the track .....2" tracks on the trail means lugs flying off everywhere. 2" tracks arent going 100mph + and if I cant do that there is no sense in riding. Add in the vibration , lack of lube etc etc etc and its not worth ever considering for a sled that would ever see a trail

yah , mine came with rip2. Have you ridden your sled yet?

My last sled came with a 1.625/1.750 tapered track, with studs.  Hooled up awesome, but was noiser than fuck.  Can't imagine a 2" track :flush:

Other than around the roads here, no.  Unfortunately the trails that we have close to me are closed. It was looking good for day trips back around Christmas time, but Mother Nature had other plans :BH:  I'm I'm the process of planning 3, 4 day UP trips right now.  One the the 28th-30th and one Feb 18th-21st and one in March.  That's not including SnowmadS rides they have planned already. Hopefully we get some snow around here too.  I'm less than an hour from the trails 

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I get bored off trail after about 1/2 and hour   It's not for everyone 

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

the rip saw U have is the worst off trail track there is . the cobra is the best short lug there is for off trail but no 1 1/4 is really worth a shit in the deep if u have to slow down .but then no crossover is really worth a shit in the deep so that is why I have a trail sled and a M.

Edited by Ez ryder

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

the rip saw U have is the worst off trail track there is . the cobra is the best short lug there is for off trail but no 1 1/4 is really worth a shit in the deep if u have to slow down .but then no crossover is really worth a shit in the deep so that is why I have a trail sled and a M    

I have a rip2 and its 100x better than the rip1

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

My last sled came with a 1.625/1.750 tapered track, with studs.  Hooled up awesome, but was noiser than fuck.  Can't imagine a 2" track :flush:

Other than around the roads here, no.  Unfortunately the trails that we have close to me are closed. It was looking good for day trips back around Christmas time, but Mother Nature had other plans :BH:  I'm I'm the process of planning 3, 4 day UP trips right now.  One the the 28th-30th and one Feb 18th-21st and one in March.  That's not including SnowmadS rides they have planned already. Hopefully we get some snow around here too.  I'm less than an hour from the trails 

I get bored off trail after about 1/2 and hour   It's not for everyone 

i rode blues 1.75 studded and hated the vibration.  then i bought my freeride and put almost 6k miles on an unstuded 1.75 and it was great.  

I agree with Jeff on the 1.75, great all around compromise track, still goes pretty well in deep snow, but smooth and fast enough for an honest 100 mph.  I wouldn't even think of putting studs in it though, just have to know your role on the glare ice lol...and its no dragsled track.  I was even pleasantly surprised at the 2.6 track on my SKS.  Its no top end monster, but the noise/vibration is minimal for such a deep lugged track.  I hope to sell the track on the sled, given a replacement track lists for 1200 bucks.  wtf.

Edited by DriftBusta