*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Denny won the busch race

I thought William Byron had it but Denny nipped him in the closest finish in Xfinity History at Michigan.

Edited by Biggie Smails
  • Like 2

I've been thinking about this for a while, more related to other forms of non-NASCAR racing, and I've come to this determination.

If you are running Cup, you don't get to drop down and run the Truck or Busch series.*

If you are in in the Truck or Busch series, you can run up to 10 or 15 races a year in Cup to prepare for a step up to Cup.

*If you loose your Cup ride, you can move back down to Busch or Trucks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

I've been thinking about this for a while, more related to other forms of non-NASCAR racing, and I've come to this determination.

If you are running Cup, you don't get to drop down and run the Truck or Busch series.*

If you are in in the Truck or Busch series, you can run up to 10 or 15 races a year in Cup to prepare for a step up to Cup.

*If you loose your Cup ride, you can move back down to Busch or Trucks.

Could not agree more.

2 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Could not agree more.

I'm not 100% sure that is the right thing to do for NASCAR because the Cup guys dropping down can help drive the competition forward.

However, it would be like Tucker dropping down to Semi-Pro or Sport or Lewis Hamilton dropping down to F3 and kicking everyone's asses.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

lots of those teams wouldn't survive without the cup drivers coming down and the sponsor money associated with it.  Sucks because I agree they should not be running as much as they do if at all.  

They'll (NASCAR and the teams) be forced to make it cheaper to race in those series then.  It won't be a easy thing to do because the money drives the sport.

How you go about accomplishing it at this level, I don't have a clue.  

7 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

They'll (NASCAR and the teams) be forced to make it cheaper to race in those series then.  It won't be a easy thing to do because the money drives the sport.

How you go about accomplishing it at this level, I don't have a clue.  

Oh you mean like imca.

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

What is a full field is the 3 series these days?  I think Cup is 40, and I know I've seen a race or two with less then 40 cars in it.

Usually 39 or 40

1 minute ago, FAT DAVE said:

Usually 39 or 40

So Cup can't even fill out a field of 40 after dropping it from 43, looks like Busch is filling the full 40, but right at 40 most of the time, and I haven't made it to the Trucks yet, but I'd be surprised if they are filling fields for most of their races

No matter what, the cost to complete in the two lower series keep out possible teams that would jump up from another series (ARCA, K&N, Whelen, etc.) and the "family owned" or small time partial schedule teams are virtually unheard of anymore.  

You'd have to be off your rocker to try to start a team or cross over to a lower NASCAR series knowing you are going to go up against Cup teams and drivers.

It is a loss to virtually everyone involved.  

24 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

lots of those teams wouldn't survive without the cup drivers coming down and the sponsor money associated with it.  Sucks because I agree they should not be running as much as they do if at all.  

True.

And how will they ever put fans in the seats? Its tough enough to do now with the big name drivers in the field.

8 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

So Cup can't even fill out a field of 40 after dropping it from 43, looks like Busch is filling the full 40, but right at 40 most of the time, and I haven't made it to the Trucks yet, but I'd be surprised if they are filling fields for most of their races

No matter what, the cost to complete in the two lower series keep out possible teams that would jump up from another series (ARCA, K&N, Whelen, etc.) and the "family owned" or small time partial schedule teams are virtually unheard of anymore.  

You'd have to be off your rocker to try to start a team or cross over to a lower NASCAR series knowing you are going to go up against Cup teams and drivers.

It is a loss to virtually everyone involved.  

Trucks is 33...ive never seen less....but i dont follow trucks much

5 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Trucks is 33...ive never seen less....but i dont follow trucks much

Looks like 32.  Only one race this year have they had more then 32 show up (35) and 2 races they have had less then 32 show up (28 & 30).  Every other race has had 32 show up.  

Hell, everyone that showed up for the Daytona 500 got to race.

17 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

True.

And how will they ever put fans in the seats? Its tough enough to do now with the big name drivers in the field.

They can't sellout a cup race so having them race Xfinity isn't the answer for attendance woes.

2 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

They can't sellout a cup race so having them race Xfinity isn't the answer for attendance woes.

I wonder how many of the fans at a Xfinity race hold tickets to the Cup race the next day?

Do they do weekend packages where 1 ticket covers everything for a race weekend?  

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

I wonder how many of the fans at a Xfinity race hold tickets to the Cup race the next day?

Do they do weekend packages where 1 ticket covers everything for a race weekend?  

Yes

Edited by FAT DAVE

2 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Yes

Don't have a ton more time for this, but if I did this at Bristol right, 

Earnhardt Terrace weekend pass is $195.  Just the Cup race is looks like $147.50.  Just the Xfinity race looks like $62, maybe?

I know what I'd do.

Just now, racinfarmer said:

Don't have a ton more time for this, but if I did this at Bristol right, 

Earnhardt Terrace weekend pass is $195.  Just the Cup race is looks like $147.50.  Just the Xfinity race looks like $62, maybe?

I know what I'd do.

If. I was local cup only...otherwise see as much as i could.

16 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I went to Michigan for years and the guy I got the tickets from always said if you want Cup tickets you have to take the Xfinity tickets too.

He bought the same seats for Saturday and Sunday. All parts of hanging on to his seats year after year.

24 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Only 37 in todays race...

Damn....that is fucked up....the sport is falling by the wayside.