*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
53 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Ummm,..Nascar started on a road/beach course, back then the drivers ran moon shine on roads, and road course racing has always been part of Nascar and the Glen is usually voted the favorite race track to drive on by all the drivers and is one of the best tracks to watch a race at. Watkins Glen is one incredible facility 

Here’s the full top 10:

1. Watkins Glen International - Watkins Glen, N.Y.

2. Martinsville Speedway - Ridgeway, Va.

3. Michigan International Speedway - Brooklyn, Mich.

4. Bristol Motor Speedway - Bristol, Tenn.

5. Darlington Raceway - Darlington, S.C.

6. Kansas Speedway - Kansas C

I love when they run road courses....I really enjoy when the Busch Cars run them as well. Never been to one but The Glen is definitely on my list. :bc:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I love when they run road courses....I really enjoy when the Busch Cars run them as well. Never been to one but The Glen is definitely on my list. :bc:

The trucks run road courses too..Now that is a shit show!!  The Glen is an amazing track, if you ever make it, be sure to hike the Gorge in town,  it's incredible 

10 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

The trucks run road courses too..Now that is a shit show!!  The Glen is an amazing track, if you ever make it, be sure to hike the Gorge in town,  it's incredible 

Will do and yeah the trucks put on a helluva show! :lol:

58 minutes ago, small-bore said:

Is there a race on tomorrow?. I haven't been able to keep up on it.

Tonight and there is a qualifying race on right now....FS1.

3 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Tonight and there is a qualifying race on right now....FS1.

I missed the first segment of the open. I see your boy advanced in to the All Star Race :bc:

29 minutes ago, ckf said:

I missed the first segment of the open. I see your boy advanced in to the All Star Race :bc:

26 minutes ago, ckf said:

Blaney advances after winning segment number two :bc:

Kansas Clint baby! How about Erik Jones going for it and going through the grass...he had a fast car.

• Like 1

should be a good race, the old lady is making me take her out for dinner and I never seem to miss the boring ones.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

should be a good race, the old lady is making me take her out for dinner and I never seem to miss the boring ones.

DVR's are awesome :bc:

1 hour ago, Biggie Smails said:

Kansas Clint baby! How about Erik Jones going for it and going through the grass...he had a fast car.

Yes, Jones had a fast car :bc:

16 minutes ago, ckf said:

Larson went from the lead to 4th after pit stops :wall:

Yeah he was very disappointed in that interview.

Just now, Blackstar said:

Its just not the same as watching live.

It works for me as long as I avoid social media and the Nascar thread on here :bc:

Richard Childress Racing makes crew chief change for Austin Dillon

Richard Childress Racing has made a change in crew chiefs for its Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series and NASCAR XFINITY Series programs, effective immediately.

Justin Alexander, who has served as the crew chief of the #2 Rheem/Menards Chevrolet for RCR and earned two wins last season in the NASCAR XFINITY Series, will assume crew chief responsibilities for the #3 Dow/American Ethanol/AAA Chevrolet SS team in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series with driver Austin Dillon. Alexander holds a degree in Mechanical Engineering from North Carolina State University. Prior to RCR, Alexander served in various engineering roles with Hendrick Motorsports. Alexander's first race in his new role will be for the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway on May 28, replacing Richard "Slugger" Labbe. Labbe is leaving the company to pursue other opportunities.

Randall Burnett, who previously served as a crew chief for RCR's technical partner JTG Daugherty Racing, will assume a new role as crew chief of the #2 Rheem/Menards Chevrolet in the NASCAR XFINITY Series beginning at Charlotte Motor Speedway on May 27. Burnett holds a degree in Mechanical Engineering from UNC Charlotte. Prior to JTG Daugherty Racing, he spent 10 years as an engineer at Chip Ganassi Racing.

13 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Slugger has been around the game for awhile....probably got tired of dealing with Pop Pops grandbaby.

Newman is the best talent they have in Cup and the only win they've had in Cup since Harvick left.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Slugger has been around the game for awhile....probably got tired of dealing with Pop Pops grandbaby.

That's what I was thinking too.

6 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Newman is the best talent they have in Cup and the only win they've had in Cup since Harvick left.  

Agreed :bc: