*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

1 hour ago, Biggie Smails said:

Roberto Guerrero 1992 Qualifying record driving for Menard and his Buick V6 car.....crashed out on the pace lap on race day. :lol:

Those speeds are crazy....I think they finally slowed things down when Gil De Ferran did a lap or maybe it was just a top speed of 242mph one yr...

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Fuck I'm old.

Me too...lol

I got married on the Friday night, watched that race on the Sunday. Fucking Gerrero loses it while warming up his tires. :lol:

My ex was pretty bright. She picked May 28th because it was Indy weekend and she figured I'd never forget our anniversary that way. She was right. 25 years later I still remember. Too bad she left 16 years ago....lol

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Me too...lol

I got married on the Friday night, watched that race on the Sunday. Fucking Gerrero loses it while warming up his tires. :lol:

My ex was pretty bright. She picked May 28th because it was Indy weekend and she figured I'd never forget our anniversary that way. She was right. 25 years later I still remember. Too bad she left 16 years ago....lol

:lol:

2 hours ago, Dave said:

Those speeds are crazy....I think they finally slowed things down when Gil De Ferran did a lap or maybe it was just a top speed of 242mph one yr...

242 is just sick fast on that track....wow!

2 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Latest update on Petty Motorsports driver  Aric Almirola   ;  http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2017/story/_/id/19378794/latest-aric-almirola

Well that is pretty good news....that was a wicked hard hit.

6 hours ago, Dave said:

According to Wikipedia the fasted top speed was 236mph average around the track by Eddie Cheever in 1996. I remember Paul Tracy hitting 250mph down the straights but then the IRL was conceived and speeds went down.

Would have to have nerves of steel at those speeds, Cheever said yesterday there is no room for error. Once you break loose it's straight into the wall, no runoff, nothing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

According to Wikipedia the fasted top speed was 236mph average around the track by Eddie Cheever in 1996. I remember Paul Tracy hitting 250mph down the straights but then the IRL was conceived and speeds went down.

Would have to have nerves of steel at those speeds, Cheever said yesterday there is no room for error. Once you break loose it's straight into the wall, no runoff, nothing.

Ya i havent followed indy for sometime...its definately lost all it luster imo

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dave said:

Ya i havent followed indy for sometime...its definately lost all it luster imo

Agreed.

Such a shame that they destroyed that great race. It used to be "THE" race in North America.

I haven't watched it much in the last 20 years since the split. I used to watch all the qualifying and bubble day, etc. It was a big deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Agreed.

Such a shame that they destroyed that great race. It used to be "THE" race in North America.

I haven't watched it much in the last 20 years since the split. I used to watch all the qualifying and bubble day, etc. It was a big deal.

I could not agree more.....bubble day was awesome when there  were so many drivers trying to make the show and most of them were only trying to run the 500....hell even Jim Nabors is retired now.

• Like 1

I was watching this live and I thought holy fuck how are Stan Foxs legs still attached to his body....nasty wreck.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

I was watching this live and I thought holy fuck how are Stan Foxs legs still attached to his body....nasty wreck.

Fuck me that was brutal

6 hours ago, Dave said:

I dont know if anyone remembers this crash....i believe it was during time trials....it actually gave me bad dreams.

Damn...horrific.

On 2017-5-14 at 10:06 AM, Biggie Smails said:

Roberto Guerrero 1992 Qualifying record driving for Menard and his Buick V6 car.....crashed out on the pace lap on race day. :lol:

Paul Tracy did that with one lap left on a restart. 

2 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Remember this one from a few years ago...what a gut punch.

Dam and the winner got killed the following yr at another track. :(

1 hour ago, Dave said:

Dam and the winner got killed the following yr at another track. :(

Yeah Dan Wheldon...that was just awful and he was such a good guy and loved by the fans.:sad:

20 hours ago, Dave said:

I dont know if anyone remembers this crash....i believe it was during time trials....it actually gave me bad dreams.

Yep . I almost posted that one last night actually .  I watched the Sweede Savage crash live also .   :bc: 

• Like 1