*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

13 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I'm already in....cmon fellas sign up! :bc:

I'm going by the name 'NEK Racing' in the pool. Maybe we can come up with something for the top finishing FreedomSleeder member in the pool?

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, ckf said:

I'm going by the name 'NEK Racing' in the pool. Maybe we can come up with something for the top finishing FreedomSleeder member in the pool?

Sounds good.....my name in the pool is Kansas Clint...always like Bowyer and I have high hopes for him in Smokes old ride. :bc:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ckf said:

Im the Can Am kid. :)

7 hours ago, Dave said:

I dont see anything positive about this at all....its not like they dont have a minimum speed rule.

francecar needs a faster program for the fans , tv revenue . The thinking is that way to many damaged cars cause more wrecks, plus parts flying off causing more debris / on track caution clean-ups.

1 hour ago, hwytohell said:

francecar needs a faster program for the fans , tv revenue . The thinking is that way to many damaged cars cause more wrecks, plus parts flying off causing more debris / on track caution clean-ups.

I would believe that if they didnt stop a race everytime there is a candy wrapper on the back stretch with 8 laps to go.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dave said:

I would believe that if they didnt stop a race everytime there is a candy wrapper on the back stretch with 8 laps to go.

That is a good point.....some of those late race cautions are obviously nothing but a way to try and engineer a better finish. 

• Like 1

Here is another potential change that I read about the other day....same day qualifying/racing possibly starting at Pocono this summer. I kind of like this one.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/is-the-nascar-monster-energy-cup-series-headed-to-same-day-qualifying-and-racing-013117

25 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Here is another potential change that I read about the other day....same day qualifying/racing possibly starting at Pocono this summer. I kind of like this one.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/is-the-nascar-monster-energy-cup-series-headed-to-same-day-qualifying-and-racing-013117

I like that one as well if it's included in the raceday ticket....otherwise it only benefits the teams.

6 minutes ago, Dave said:

I like that one as well if it's included in the raceday ticket....otherwise it only benefits the teams.

Absolutely and from the sounds of the article it most likely would be included. :bc:

Edited by Biggie Smails
  • Like 1

Edwards getting paid to sit out? to Penske in 2018? Denied: when NASCAR star Carl Edwards announced last month that he too is retiring there was no such clarity. Edwards said only that he wanted to spend more time with his family but his press conference left most people unconvinced. Meanwhile I'm [Motorsports writer Gordon Kirby] told that Edwards is being paid more than $15 million to sit-out this year and that he will return to action next year at the wheel of a third Penske Racing Ford. Penske runs two cars for Brad Keselowski and Joey Logano and has been planning to expand to three cars. Penske currently runs a third car for Ryan Blaney in partnership with the Wood Brothers, one of NASCAR's longest-running teams, so RP's team is entirely prepared to run Edwards next year.(gordonkirby.com)
UPDATE: per Motorsports writer Lewis Franck's Twitter: "OFFICIAL Just got off the phone with a senior @Team_Penske official who said no truth to Kirby's Carl Edwards story."(2-13-2017)

• Like 1

The other wild rumor is.............................. Edwards will fill the seat of E jr. , sooner rather than later , with Alex Bowman taking over in the Kasey Kahne seat. Edwards is also rumored to be testing the waters on a senate seat run against dembankster claire mc-ass-skull.  :dunno:

Edited by hwytohell

48 minutes ago, ckf said:

Edwards getting paid to sit out? to Penske in 2018? Denied: when NASCAR star Carl Edwards announced last month that he too is retiring there was no such clarity. Edwards said only that he wanted to spend more time with his family but his press conference left most people unconvinced. Meanwhile I'm [Motorsports writer Gordon Kirby] told that Edwards is being paid more than $15 million to sit-out this year and that he will return to action next year at the wheel of a third Penske Racing Ford. Penske runs two cars for Brad Keselowski and Joey Logano and has been planning to expand to three cars. Penske currently runs a third car for Ryan Blaney in partnership with the Wood Brothers, one of NASCAR's longest-running teams, so RP's team is entirely prepared to run Edwards next year.(gordonkirby.com)
UPDATE: per Motorsports writer Lewis Franck's Twitter: "OFFICIAL Just got off the phone with a senior @Team_Penske official who said no truth to Kirby's Carl Edwards story."(2-13-2017)

That is fucking retarded if true...why not just say im taking the yr off.

• Like 1