*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

9 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Jeb must have brought some sponsor money because he's never really put cars up front and he's been running in trucks/xfinity/cup for 7-8 years now. 

What's funny is lots of drivers at 28 are washed out of NASACAR these days and his dad didn't even get  his first busch ride till he was Jebs age.  

It is really amazing what people are willing to do to get themselves or their kids on the big stage, or even a chance at it.  

There is a guy that grew up within 45 minutes of me that ran a few Truck races.  I and most of my racing friends had never heard of him.

Never ran karts or cars locally, rented a asphalt ride a handful of times at best and off to the big show!

Pick up life and head on down South for even a chance at making it. 

I don't want to think about what it would cost today, but I know people who spent $5-6000 + damage + track rental to test a ARCA car for a day.  Not race, just put laps on probably 10-12 years ago.

9 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

It is really amazing what people are willing to do to get themselves or their kids on the big stage, or even a chance at it.  

There is a guy that grew up within 45 minutes of me that ran a few Truck races.  I and most of my racing friends had never heard of him.

Never ran karts or cars locally, rented a asphalt ride a handful of times at best and off to the big show!

I don't want to think about what it would cost today, but I know people who spent $5-6000 + damage + track rental to test a ARCA car for a day.  Not race, just put laps on probably 10-12 years ago.

I wonder how much Deegans put into  Haileys racing.  Even with the name and her sex  bringing sponsorship i imagine its a pretty big nut.  Combine that with paying for Dangerboys MX and it's prob been 7 figures over the last few years. 

kid here did real good in the local scene and dad was paying for him to go racing in some of the lower level national races.   Great clean cut smart kid but eventually the money must have been too much because the stopped racing and went to work for his dads business. 

10 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Yeah no shit. Here's an example of right now.

Sam Mayer. Very young, IDK 16 or something. Been racing K&N east or whatever its called now. Raced Arca, now in trucks, maybe even some Xfinity. 

I and pretty much all locals never even heard of him until they announced him on TV for a race. Hometown 25 miles from me. Never raced anything local. Just appeared on the big stage one day out of nowhere. Surprisingly, he looks to be pretty damn good. At least in those big heavy slow cars. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

I wonder how much Deegans put into  Haileys racing.  Even with the name and her sex  bringing sponsorship i imagine its a pretty big nut.  Combine that with paying for Dangerboys MX and it's prob been 7 figures over the last few years. 

kid here did real good in the local scene and dad was paying for him to go racing in some of the lower level national races.   Great clean cut smart kid but eventually the money must have been too much because the stopped racing and went to work for his dads business. 

I know a local that rented a truck for Eldora and it was I'm pretty sure $35k + damage + wrap.

When I kind of poked around asking, it wasn't that cheap.

• Platinum Contributing Member
27 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Eldora - OFF the 2021 schedule for the Trucks

Bristol dirt is on, rumors of Knoxville are swirling too.

Payback for the series Tony is supporting?

Very well could be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm surprised a track carrying a FIA Grade 1 cert would have Armco barrier anywhere a car can hit.

Agree 100%