*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, ckf said:

I saw that. Latest rumor has him going to the 42.

That would be cool.

23 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

only so many toyota seats to go around.  given how competitive they are i don't get why they don't have 2 top teams so they had a seat for all their drivers when leavine closed.  

I was reading some about how JGR operates as it pertains to the Toyota support teams like Leavine and Furniture Row before they closed...once they won the Championship with Truex the writing was on the wall. Apparently Joe doesn’t like it when the support teams become too successful so he jacks up the costs for them. Also the 20 Car is the step child of the team.

44 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That would be cool.

I was reading some about how JGR operates as it pertains to the Toyota support teams like Leavine and Furniture Row before they closed...once they won the Championship with Truex the writing was on the wall. Apparently Joe doesn’t like it when the support teams become too successful so he jacks up the costs for them. Also the 20 Car is the step child of the team.

which is funny given Gibbs first championship was labonte running HMS equipment if i remember correctly.   

• Like 1

I think it is BS they lose points for a pre-race inspection failure.  

Give them a list of shit they fail on and tell them we'll be checking it after the race.  Fail = DQ.  0 points, $0 prize, $0 contingency.  

45 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

are you fucking kidding me?

Guessing you’re talking about Keselowski wrecking Blaney! Bubba is killing me today after a good run yesterday. 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Guessing you’re talking about Keselowski wrecking Blaney! Bubba is killing me today after a good run yesterday. 

Yep, and in the interview he said he came in to the corner way faster than he'd done all day and he lost it. No shit.

• Haha 1

I'm sorry but the masks in victory lane just seems ridiculous. Why not just have a mike on a long boom so these guys can show their faces and thank their sponsors?

I just turned if off because I don't want to listen to mah mah mamma mah mah mahhh.

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I'm sorry but the masks in victory lane just seems ridiculous. Why not just have a mike on a long boom so these guys can show their faces and thank their sponsors?

I just turned if off because I don't want to listen to mah mah mamma mah mah mahhh.

Yeah that seems ridiculous...I read that Nascar is being super strict about all of it. 

Elliot, Matt D, Newman

Austin Dillon out today because of a positive Covid test...Kaz Grala in the #3

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Bowyer Truex Blaney

Not happy with the picks but a good chunk of my drivers are at 4's. This race seems like a crap shoot.

Elliot comes up as the favorite today.

I have not picked William Byron once yet.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Bowyer Truex Blaney

Not happy with the picks but a good chunk of my drivers are at 4's. This race seems like a crap shoot.

Elliot comes up as the favorite today.

I have not picked William Byron once yet.

Yeah I’m having the same problem.....hotter than hell in Daytona so conditioning will be a factor.