*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member

Well I subbed in Bell for Preece... he's out..McDowell out....and Beuscher just hit the wall...WTF.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

4 minutes ago, small-bore said:

I stand corrected. I just heard shrub won the truck race earlier.

Brandon Jones won the truck race and then crashed out of the Xfinity Race on lap one.

https://sports.yahoo.com/jimmie-johnson-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-will-miss-brickyard-400-223720406.html

Hendrick Motorsports announced Friday that Jimmie Johnson had tested positive for COVID-19.

Johnson, 44, is the first NASCAR driver publicly known to have the coronavirus. He will miss Sunday’s Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. He’ll be replaced by Justin Allgaier, who races for JR Motorsports in the Xfinity Series.

The team said the seven-time champion was asymptomatic and took a coronavirus test after his wife Chandra had tested positive for the virus. Johnson has never missed a race throughout his Cup Series career and is in his final Cup Series season.

Shitty deal. Jimmie sits 12th in points right now.

Edited by Blackstar

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/jimmie-johnson-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-will-miss-brickyard-400-223720406.html

Hendrick Motorsports announced Friday that Jimmie Johnson had tested positive for COVID-19.

Johnson, 44, is the first NASCAR driver publicly known to have the coronavirus. He will miss Sunday’s Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. He’ll be replaced by Justin Allgaier, who races for JR Motorsports in the Xfinity Series.

The team said the seven-time champion was asymptomatic and took a coronavirus test after his wife Chandra had tested positive for the virus. Johnson has never missed a race throughout his Cup Series career and is in his final Cup Series season.

Shitty deal. Jimmie sits 12th in points right now.

Damn that sucks...wonder how that will affect his crew and anybody else he came in contact with in the garage area....eeshhh.

36 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Damn that sucks...wonder how that will affect his crew and anybody else he came in contact with in the garage area....eeshhh.

I've been wondering when someone in a high profile position would come down with it. I don't see how baseball and basketball will be able to pull it off.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I've been wondering when someone in a high profile position would come down with it. I don't see how baseball and basketball will be able to pull it off.

Good point...will be interesting.

10 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

IMSA on NBCSN

Is the weather delay over? 
Great Xfinity Race earlier today from The Indy Road Course....local Indianan Chase Briscoe gets the win for Roger Penske in his track. 

• Like 2

Who am I supposed to pick today?

I have no interest in this race for some reason.

Anyone picking a Chev driver?

Traditionally one of Amirola's worst tracks but he's been on a roll the last few races, always takes a shit on me though.

Edited by Blackstar

16 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Is the weather delay over? 
Great Xfinity Race earlier today from The Indy Road Course....local Indianan Chase Briscoe gets the win for Roger Penske in his track. best check your facts he drive for Hass and Smoke not the Captain

1 hour ago, anorkist said:

Oh fuck that’s right...he also is a huge fan of Smokes which is he climbed the fence...thanks for smacking me in the head. :thumbsup:

9DC58417-AE27-415D-80A2-62EE2F2CAE34.thumb.png.d4dbb9cedd07350b12c2b629d7c773e7.png

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

63rd on the week, 68th for the season. Things are getting much better here....lol

Good week for Jimmie Snacks.

The wife dropped from 6th to 10th with a 115th place finish for the week. She would have done better not picking.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

63rd on the week, 68th for the season. Things are getting much better here....lol

Good week for Jimmie Snacks.

The wife dropped from 6th to 10th with a 115th place finish for the week. She would have done better not picking.

I rebounded nicely from my 15 point last place finish from a week ago. 🤣

11 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

he died at louden nh

11 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So did Adam Petty....eeesshh.

The 2 deaths were only 8 weeks apart and the accidents were very similar. Both hit the turn 3 wall, both suffered fractured skulls and died on impact. In both cases it was suspected the throttle hung wide open. Nascar mandated the steering wheel kill switch immediately after but didn't bring in the Hans device until Earnhardt died the following spring.

That was a bad year.

• Sad 1