*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member

some reports say he was conscious, some say not. Some say they had to preform CPR.

Joe Gibbs apologized for his team celebrating in Victory Lane. He was unaware of how bad the wreck had been.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

What a shitshow the last 20 or so laps were. That was hard to watch

Sure hope Newman can survive that one  

Hard to watch?

Couldn't take my eyes off it.

Just now, Blackstar said:

Hard to watch?

Couldn't take my eyes off it.

I showed up with 20 laps to go. 3 wrecks and 2 hours later one guy is almost dead and lots of others are celebrating. 

Yea, hard to watch. 

I like racers who don't crash each other out. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

I showed up with 20 laps to go. 3 wrecks and 2 hours later one guy is almost dead and lots of others are celebrating. 

Yea, hard to watch. 

I recorded it yesterday but never had time to watch.  Forgot about it, turned tv on tonight & happened to be on that channel with one lap to go.

That idiot wrecked him plain as day. 

Celebrating was very annoying. 

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yea, hard to watch. 

It's Nascar. Its about balls to the wall, give it everything you got, don't back off regardless, rubbing is racing.

Wrecks are and have always been one of the major draws to the sport for fans. No one wants injuries or deaths but that's going to happen on occasion. The drivers know the risks.

Other than Daytona and Talladega, most races have few wrecks these days. Some races basically have none (Michigan). Personally, I feel this lack of wrecks, risks, has lead to less action and thus less fan interest.

6 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

I recorded it yesterday but never had time to watch.  Forgot about it, turned tv on tonight & happened to be on that channel with one lap to go.

That idiot wrecked him plain as day. 

Celebrating was very annoying. 

What?

Newman would be the first to admit that he blocked Blaney and that Blaney was fully in his rights to keep his foot in it. Newman would have done the same.

Its about seeking victory, not about considering the consequences.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Shifty said:

I’m hearing he passed

I'm listening to the NASCAR channel on SiriusXM and they have no information yet about his condition. 

1 minute ago, thewayout said:

Early reports coming in that he’s stable. If true, that’s amazing and thank god. 

Im not holding my breath though, media reports are always viewed with skepticism in my book. 

AC8C8DD3-6B13-4FC6-8334-526FD3EEB4E4.png

Just heard that's true,  non life threatening injuries

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jammin said:

Hans device did it's job to a T.  Incredible how they engineer these cars to be light yet as safe as they are. 

The hans would helped for initial wall impact you can thank the car engineer and welder's for the impact to the window

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

The hans would helped for initial wall impact you can thank the car engineer and welder's for the impact to the window

When I saw the drivers side window last night during the replays I thought he was probably dead