*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

Well, I was going to bail on the pool this year because of the friction between two of the more active guys in this thread. My problem is that I like both guys and don't want to be put in the middle. Not that either one is trying to get me to take a side. I just feel guilty for not supporting one or the other of the two Nascar threads. I hate this feeling, but have decided not to let their quarrel effect me. That's what rob did in the past and it led to the closing of FS v1.  I'm going to continue to post in this thread, the one we've all been posting in all along. I don't want to hurt either Jim or Dave's feelings as I consider both guys friends. I really hope the two of them came put this behind them at some point. Life is short guys :bc: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Well, I was going to bail on the pool this year because of the friction between two of the more active guys in this thread. My problem is that I like both guys and don't want to be put in the middle. Not that either one is trying to get me to take a side. I just feel guilty for not supporting one or the other of the two Nascar threads. I hate this feeling, but have decided not to let their quarrel effect me. That's what rob did in the past and it led to the closing of FS v1.  I'm going to continue to post in this thread, the one we've all been posting in all along. I don't want to hurt either Jim or Dave's feelings as I consider both guys friends. I really hope the two of them came put this behind them at some point. Life is short guys :bc: 

My last time posting in this thread...Jims a bi polar cunt and want zero association with the guy.

:bc:

37 minutes ago, DAVE said:

My last time posting in this thread...Jims a bi polar cunt and want zero association with the guy.

:bc:

Not really what I was expecting for a reply to my post :sad:

4 hours ago, ckf said:

I will probably post in both just because they are both dipshits and I dont want one feeling like less of a dipshit than the other...:ylsuper:

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

just combine the threads and tell them to stop being morons.  :news:  

26 minutes ago, Legend said:

I will probably post in both just because they are both dipshits and I dont want one feeling like less of a dipshit than the other...:ylsuper:

Whatever....I’m not the one that started a separate thread and I’m doing my best to ignore the guy yet I see his quotes and apparently I’m his new obsession.

17 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Geoff....nasty wreck.

More or less ended Geoff Bodine's  days behind the wheel . Geoff still has what is left of that truck . After his wreck drivers rushed out to get his seat design that he worked with Randy Lajoie  / Bill Simpson  to produce the then one off seat. Drivers also started using his very primitive at the time lower back to front  wrap around  body belt under their driving suits . francecar moved quickly to redesign  the rear supports on the trucks plus bigger aero flaps to try and keep the trucks on the ground, plus shorter arm restraints tethers for all the drivers.

• Like 2

Just now, ckf said:

I missed the race. I just turned it on and saw the victory lane interview.  Always good to see a 1st time winner :thumb:

Yep...he is driving for JR Motorsports this season so no surprise he won.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ckf said:

As of now I have Bowman, Logano and Menard for the 500 :thumb:

Logano, Menard and Tyler Reddick coming from the back. 

Still considering Stenhouse, Keselowski and maybe Austin Dillon. I want to get a good start to the season but a race like this  is such a crapshoot it's a good to try a dark horse or two. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

21 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Logano, Menard and Tyler Reddick coming from the back. 

Still considering Stenhouse, Keselowski and maybe Austin Dillon. I want to get a good start to the season but a race like this  is such a crapshoot it's a good to try a dark horse or two

That's why I went with Menard and Bowman. 

@steve from amherst  have you logged in and done your picks?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Bubba Wallace, Almirola , Stenhouse. John did you pay for VTR yet? IF so what do I owe ya?

No, I'll send Andrew the $$$ this week. It's $20 Monopoly money (CDN). Don't worry about it for now. Maybe you'll be up again this Winter and you can buy me lunch :bc:

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

No, I'll send Andrew the $$$ this week. It's $20 Monopoly money (CDN). Don't worry about it for now. Maybe you'll be up again this Winter and you can buy me lunch :bc:

That works . hoping to ride midweek this week. Talk of something coming in wed, but if it dosnt Im going somewhere.

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

That works . hoping to ride midweek this week. Talk of something coming in wed, but if it dosnt Im going somewhere.

Don't forget it's school vacation week for some of the kidos. The NEK or northern ME would probably be your best options. Northern NH will be hammered.

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Don't forget it's school vacation week for some of the kidos. The NEK or northern ME would probably be your best options. Northern NH will be hammered.

I forgot all about school vaca.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

I forgot all about school vaca.

Yup, for the next 2 weeks. My neighbors dad went over toward Irasburg and Craftburry yesterday. I'll ask him how the trails were when I see him later. It's busy in town this wknd but it doesn't seem to be anymore than a normal wknd.