*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm not a fan of how you can finish second in a race and walk away with as many points as the winner.

THey have been trying to fix this ever since Kenseth won a championship without winning. But they over look the simple solution of awarding more points for a race win. Ya think nascar is being run out of DC.

19 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Well I’m off to my usual start.

16th, 19th, 31st

I haven't even logged in to see where I ended up. The real racing starts next Sunday in Atlanta. It will be interesting to see how the new aero package works there. I think we are all tired of watching follow the leader 18 or the 4 all day.

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I haven't even logged in to see where I ended up. The real racing starts next Sunday in Atlanta. It will be interesting to see how the new aero package works there. I think we are all tired of watching follow the leader 18 or the 4 all day.

Both of yours are in good shape. I believe 18th and 28th. Im in 75th place. Or should I say I did better then 25 other people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Well they did say something about that being the last restrictor plate race ever. THey will kill HP thru electronics from now on.

I missed that. I wonder if they will have better throttle response that way?

Just now, ckf said:

I think he will do well with his new team.

I think so too...man he was in position to maybe win yesterday before Menard turned him.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

THey have been trying to fix this ever since Kenseth won a championship without winning. But they over look the simple solution of awarding more points for a race win. Ya think nascar is being run out of DC.

They try all the stuff to make it more like football or basketball when what they need to do is make it more like the local short tracks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Sael said:

Those #4 cars sure sounded great.

I had forgotten about that. Was it different headers, or how the routed the exhaust? If I remember correctly after a few years the other teams switched to whatever it was that the 4 car was doing.

Harvick: Johnson underappreciated as one of NASCAR’s all-time greats

Kevin Harvick invited Jimmie Johnson to be a guest on his weekly radio show this week. Friday at Atlanta Motor Speedway, he explained his reasoning, saying he wanted a greater audience to appreciate Johnson’s greatness while his career was still active.

Johnson’s guest appearance came on this week’s edition of Harvick’s “Happy Hours” on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.

“It was great because I feel like, in my opinion, Jimmie’s one of the most disrespected great drivers that have ever come through this garage. Jimmie Johnson’s just a good, old-fashioned great guy and helps people, and has done great things in the garage and in the race car, out of the race car, and I think sometimes we forget … a lot of people forget that he’s won seven championships and all the races that he’s won and all the great things that he’s done, and it’s not like he came from a rich daddy or a family that had a lot of money. .....Continue reading

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ckf said:

Harvick: Johnson underappreciated as one of NASCAR’s all-time greats

By
Staff Report NASCAR.com February 22, 2019 at 3:12 pm

Kevin Harvick invited Jimmie Johnson to be a guest on his weekly radio show this week. Friday at Atlanta Motor Speedway, he explained his reasoning, saying he wanted a greater audience to appreciate Johnson’s greatness while his career was still active.

Johnson’s guest appearance came on this week’s edition of Harvick’s “Happy Hours” on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.

“It was great because I feel like, in my opinion, Jimmie’s one of the most disrespected great drivers that have ever come through this garage. Jimmie Johnson’s just a good, old-fashioned great guy and helps people, and has done great things in the garage and in the race car, out of the race car, and I think sometimes we forget … a lot of people forget that he’s won seven championships and all the races that he’s won and all the great things that he’s done, and it’s not like he came from a rich daddy or a family that had a lot of money. .....Continue reading

JJ is the GOAT. No question. Unfortunately he won 7 championships during the vanilla portion of Nascar's history. He will never be as respected as the King or the Intimidator. And many credit Chad Knaus for his success.

• Like 1