*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

5 minutes ago, ckf said:

From what I've read he wasn't getting the best equipment or crew while he was at Gibbs. It's time for him to show what he has at SHR this season.

Why get rid of Kurt for that?

Where is Kurt going again?

Just now, DAVE said:

Why get rid of Kurt for that?

Where is Kurt going again?

I'm not sure what happened between SHR and Kurt. It sounded like he wanted more $$$ than SHR was willing to pay him.  :dunno:

He is going to join Larson at Ganassi

On 1/5/2019 at 11:01 AM, Jimmy Snacks said:

So much for Ross Chastains big break driving the Ganassi 42 in the Xfinity Series...sponsor DC Solar had it's offices raided by the FBI so Ganassi shut down the team.

http://www.thedrive.com/accelerator/25802/chip-ganassi-racing-kills-xfinity-nascar-team-after-main-sponsor-raided-by-fbi

Well fuck.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I'm not sure what happened between SHR and Kurt. It sounded like he wanted more $$$ than SHR was willing to pay him.  :dunno:

He is going to join Larson at Ganassi

Oh that should be interesting....chips got good equipment.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, DAVE said:

He should do well at Ganassi and I'm willing to bet that Larson will be a helluva teammate. 

• Like 1

francecar sponsor landscape  is changing . Look for  drivers under contract only till 2020 - 21 to retire , some well known drivers are now in the twilight of  their wheeling days. Owners are aging out and no new owners worth a shit are coming in.  Hendrick just said when he decides to call it a day , it's Jeff Gordon's  kingdom.  francecar and it's owners are on the hunt for a Gordon, E.sr , Johnson , Harvick , Bush Brothers for the future. Sadly  I don't see  that quality of driver in the lower ranks.  The female wheel person gave the sport some good  media coverage and eye balls watching , but piss poor on track results. francecar needs a new Jimmy Spencer for it's future.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Hopefully it works out for Kurt or maybe he's at a point that he doesn't care so much anymore. I always thought McMurray was a decent driver but he finished 20th in points last year and Larson seems to have a driving style that only works at certain tracks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hwytohell said:

francecar sponsor landscape  is changing . Look for  drivers under contract only till 2020 - 21 to retire , some well known drivers are now in the twilight of  their wheeling days. Owners are aging out and no new owners worth a shit are coming in.  Hendrick just said when he decides to call it a day , it's Jeff Gordon's  kingdom.  francecar and it's owners are on the hunt for a Gordon, E.sr , Johnson , Harvick , Bush Brothers for the future. Sadly  I don't see  that quality of driver in the lower ranks.  The female wheel person gave the sport some good  media coverage and eye balls watching , but piss poor on track results. francecar needs a new Jimmy Spencer for it's future.

The aging ownership really is a big problem.....Gibbs, Hendrick and Childress...they span a lot of history in the sport especially Rick and Richard..there is no replacing them.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ckf said:

I like the second story about how Suarez has ascended so quickly because of talent and drive....at least they mention the sponsorship he brings with him everywhere...that is the biggest factor in his ascension. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I like the second story about how Suarez has ascended so quickly because of talent and drive....at least they mention the sponsorship he brings with him everywhere...that is the biggest factor in his ascension. 

Yes, the money is the #1 thing now, but I do think the kid has talent. He was moved up to cup to fast, just like the fuckhead that won the championship last year.

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

Yes, the money is the #1 thing now, but I do think the kid has talent. He was moved up to cup to fast, just like the fuckhead that won the championship last year.

You dont like sliced bread?

1 hour ago, ckf said:

59 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Logano was winning everytime he got into a busch car back then...he just couldnt figure out the cup cars....Has Saurez even won a busch race?

Nope...his big attraction is his sponsorship and last name.

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Nope...his big attraction is his sponsorship and last name.

Logano wasnt winning in busch?

Or are you talking about Suarez?

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

You dont like sliced bread?

Nope I like to break bread :lol:

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Logano was winning everytime he got into a busch car back then...he just couldnt figure out the cup cars....Has Saurez even won a busch race?

I thought Saurez won the Busch championship the year before moving to cup :dunno:

10 minutes ago, ckf said:

Nope I like to break bread :lol:

I thought Saurez won the Busch championship the year before moving to cup :dunno:

You know me...i probably missed that.

:lol: