*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

14 minutes ago, s pump said:

How does this game you guys are playing work? Lowest score wins? Is there money on it?

It's a season long pool. I think it's $20 CND a year. You pick 3 drivers a week, but can only pick a driver 5 times throughout the season. Whoever accumulates the most points during the season wins. I think @DAVE said the top 5 wins some $$$ at the end of the season.  It has made Nascar interesting to me again :dunno:

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

It's a season long pool. I think it's $20 CND a year. You pick 3 drivers a week, but can only pick a driver 5 times throughout the season. Whoever accumulates the most points during the season wins. I think @DAVE said the top 5 wins some $$$ at the end of the season.  It has made Nascar interesting to me again :dunno:

Yeah, I'm sure. It's like having a couple bucks on a golf game. Makes you focus more.

5 minutes ago, ckf said:

Yep top 5 pays 900 goes to the winner

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, s pump said:

Yeah, I'm sure. It's like having a couple bucks on a golf game. Makes you focus more.

it also makes you root for drivers that you might despise :lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Yep top 5 pays 900 goes to the winner

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

it also makes you root for drivers that you might despise :lol:

I'm in next year. Used to love NASCAR but the new format sucks.

3 minutes ago, s pump said:

I'll try to send you a reminder when it opens up in January. I'm starting to get warmed up to the new format. It does make for a bit more excitement early in the race when the drivers are going after a stage win.

14 minutes ago, s pump said:

i tried last year as i used to like nascar.  didn't make me enjoy it any more i was pretty disappointed.  Got to find myself a new hobby thinking strippers and blow sounds like the best choice.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

i tried last year as i used to like nascar.  didn't make me enjoy it any more i was pretty disappointed.  Got to find myself a new hobby thinking strippers and blow sounds like the best choice.  

Always was. 

Just now, Angry ginger said:

Quitter :news:

13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

You must be a busy guy....it takes all of maybe 30 secs to pick your drivers each week.

:lol:

23 minutes ago, s pump said:

Cool...its fun...my old man is in 3rd this yr...be nice if he wins...i think hes guaranteed a 3rd or higher for sure.

9 minutes ago, DAVE said:

You must be a busy guy....it takes all of maybe 30 secs to pick your drivers each week.

its not that its just actually watching racing doesn;t interest me anymore.  hell i used to drag the tv out to the deck at camp all summer to watch sunday afternoons while the kids swam and I bet i haven't watched 00 laps this year.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

its not that its just actually watching racing doesn;t interest me anymore.  hell i used to drag the tv out to the deck at camp all summer to watch sunday afternoons while the kids swam and I bet i haven't watched 00 laps this year.  

I doubt my dad has watched 1 race this yr. He plays cribbage on sundays.... :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
28 minutes ago, DAVE said:

I doubt my dad has watched 1 race this yr. He plays cribbage on sundays.... :lol:

I was watching football yesterday and caught the last 5 laps....especially after I checked online and saw my drivers were doing so well!😝👍🏿

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I was watching football yesterday and caught the last 5 laps....especially after I checked online and saw my drivers were doing so well!😝👍🏿

I've been watching racing over football unless the Pats are playing. Then I record the race and watch it in about an hour. That's the way I watch most of the F1 races too. Skip right over the boring stuff :thumb:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I've been watching racing over football unless the Pats are playing. Then I record the race and watch it in about an hour. That's the way I watch most of the F1 races too. Skip right over the boring stuff :thumb:

So it must take about a minute to watch an f1 race unless they have a restart.

I should try that!!!!

• Haha 1

Just now, DAVE said:

So it must take about a minute to watch an f1 race unless they have a restart.

I should try that!!!!

It takes about a half hour- 45 minutes depending on the action. Works great!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Blow is overrated. Mute strippers are best.

5 hours ago, DAVE said:

Somehow I spaced right the fuck out this week. And I was so looking forward to picking Stenhouse and menard. Bout all I have left.

4 hours ago, ckf said:

Well your in New England. We play football at night.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Somehow I spaced right the fuck out this week. And I was so looking forward to picking Stenhouse and menard. Bout all I have left.

I made your picks for you right before the cutoff.  I can't remember who I picked though.