*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah it really was....this race is actually pretty pointless.

Yes pointless is the whole point.

But I get what you mean. It’s a race for the fun of it.

Harvick looking strong again.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes pointless is the whole point.

But I get what you mean. It’s a race for the fun of it.

Harvick looking strong again.

Haha....Right...... but guys are just going to wreck each other for a million bucks and it's all good supposedly.

Do you guys think the TV ratings will pick up during the second half of the year, after Jr gets in the booth? IMO, NBC made a good move and will be rewarded with better ratings than Fox.

16 minutes ago, ckf said:

Do you guys think the TV ratings will pick up during the second half of the year, after Jr gets in the booth? IMO, NBC made a good move and will be rewarded with better ratings than Fox.

I dont. Ratings will be worse then fox as the season drags on and as people have other things to do in the summer.

28 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Fuck yeah...we need more of this!!!!

That was awesome....and that was a huge chunk of change Rusty cost DW....back when the race meant something to the big teams.

• Like 1

IMO people have moved on and once they do getting them backs almost impossible,  JR may give a brief blip but nothing that will be sustainable. all sports have suffered from this over the past decade.  

NASCAR fans stand for national anthem, says president

President Donald Trump on Monday called NASCAR a sport for "patriotic Americans," noting that fans of the race stand for the national anthem.

"This lively sport reflects our national spirit and our can-do attitude. At every NASCAR race, you will see thousands of patriotic Americans, from the grandstands to the pit stalls, proudly waving our flag and roaring with joy at the words, 'Start your engines,'" he said at a White House event honoring NASCAR Cup Series champion Martin Truex, Jr.

"And I will tell you one thing I know about NASCAR they do indeed, Brian, stand for the playing of the national anthem, right?" Trump continued, calling out NASCAR CEO Brian France. "They do indeed. Somebody said, 'Maybe you shouldn't say that, that'll be controversial.' I said, 'That's OK, NASCAR's not going to mind it at all. Right, fellas?' They don't mind it at all."

The comments come after a season of politically charged protests during the playing of the national anthem in the National Football League that drew the ire of the president, who said players' kneeling showed "total disrespect for our great country."

At the height of the protests and resulting controversy last fall, several NASCAR team owners said they wouldn't tolerate a similar movement in their sport, a move Trump praised at the time.

Monday, Trump said he was a "big fan" of NASCAR and Truex, as he honored the the driver and his crew on the South Lawn. Truex's car was parked on the driveway, and the rope line was decorated with festive black-and-white checkered flags.

"NASCAR grew from the backroads of America's South and the bright shores of Daytona Beach -- incredible place -- to become one of the world's premiere and most beloved sports. I love it. People love that sport," Trump said.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

IMO people have moved on and once they do getting them backs almost impossible,  JR may give a brief blip but nothing that will be sustainable. all sports have suffered from this over the past decade.  

It is a hard thing to do.

The racers and fan want the same basic stuff, for the most part.

Affordable prices, good fair racing, good food, clean bathrooms and a well run timely show.  Easy to think about, very hard to do.  

10 hours ago, DAVE said:

Whats well deserved?

Can't figure out how to click on the link  :poke:  

:lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Can't figure out how to click on the link  :poke:  

:lol:

I couldnt clck on it yesterday for some reason.

8 minutes ago, DAVE said:

JJ is going to win.

I don't think HMS has the new Camaro figured out yet. Hell, the only team that does is Larson :dunno:

Just now, ckf said:

I don't think HMS has the new Camaro figured out yet. Hell, the only team that does is the Larson :dunno:

True...but i just have a feeling. :)