*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Up to 31st :)

9 minutes ago, DAVE said:

3rd for the week.

38th for the week and up to 25th overall ....once again let me say.....FU Micheal McDowell. :lol:

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ford switching to Mustang in Cup for 2019

r357695_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=920&h=518&sc

Building off its popularity, Ford also is announcing Mustang is coming to the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series - professional stock car racing's top league - for the first time, beginning at Daytona in February.

"We're combining America's favorite sports car with America's top stock car racing series," said Mark Rushbrook, global director, Ford Performance Motorsports. "Mustang always has been about affordable performance, which can be traced to innovations we've made competing in racing, like NASCAR. Mustang is a perfect fit for our racing heritage today and tomorrow."

Mustang has competed in the NASCAR Xfinity Series since 2011, winning championships in all but one season. It has taken Team Penske to four owner's championships in the last five years and carried Ricky Stenhouse Jr. to consecutive driver's championships in 2011 and 2012.

This will be Ford's fourth different Cup model in NASCAR's modern era (1972-present), following Thunderbird, Taurus and Fusion.

"This announcement makes me very happy," said Edsel B. Ford II, a member of Ford Motor Company's board of directors. "Mustang is a car that is woven into the fabric of our country, and it's only right that we put it on the track in NASCAR's most visible series. I can't wait." Ford has six organizations and 13 teams in its NASCAR lineup, including Wood Brothers Racing, Roush Fenway Racing, Team Penske, Stewart-Haas Racing, Front Row Motorsports and Go Fas Racing.

Mustang is still going through initial testing and will be formally submitted to NASCAR for approval this summer. A public unveiling of the finished product will soon follow. The first series points race for Mustang will be the Daytona 500 on Feb. 17, 2019.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ckf said:

Ford switching to Mustang in Cup for 2019

r357695_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=920&h=518&sc

Building off its popularity, Ford also is announcing Mustang is coming to the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series - professional stock car racing's top league - for the first time, beginning at Daytona in February.

"We're combining America's favorite sports car with America's top stock car racing series," said Mark Rushbrook, global director, Ford Performance Motorsports. "Mustang always has been about affordable performance, which can be traced to innovations we've made competing in racing, like NASCAR. Mustang is a perfect fit for our racing heritage today and tomorrow."

Mustang has competed in the NASCAR Xfinity Series since 2011, winning championships in all but one season. It has taken Team Penske to four owner's championships in the last five years and carried Ricky Stenhouse Jr. to consecutive driver's championships in 2011 and 2012.

This will be Ford's fourth different Cup model in NASCAR's modern era (1972-present), following Thunderbird, Taurus and Fusion.

"This announcement makes me very happy," said Edsel B. Ford II, a member of Ford Motor Company's board of directors. "Mustang is a car that is woven into the fabric of our country, and it's only right that we put it on the track in NASCAR's most visible series. I can't wait." Ford has six organizations and 13 teams in its NASCAR lineup, including Wood Brothers Racing, Roush Fenway Racing, Team Penske, Stewart-Haas Racing, Front Row Motorsports and Go Fas Racing.

Mustang is still going through initial testing and will be formally submitted to NASCAR for approval this summer. A public unveiling of the finished product will soon follow. The first series points race for Mustang will be the Daytona 500 on Feb. 17, 2019.

Good move. 4 door cup cars are lame.

17 minutes ago, DAVE said:

78 11 42

Good pics...it worked out well this week because I hadn't used Hamlin or Jamie Mac...I also thought about using Bowman for the first time instead of Jones. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Give poor benny a break. He needs one thing in life he dosnt hate.

:lmao:

So who's going to win tonight fellas? Hard to bet against Hamlin in Richmond, but I really think we might see a first time winner tonight. Elliott? Jones? Bowman?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ckf said:

:lmao:

So who's going to win tonight fellas? Hard to bet against Hamlin in Richmond, but I really think we might see a first time winner tonight. Elliott? Jones? Bowman?

I’m hoping for Jones since I picked him....Elliot is definitely due and Bowman qualified well. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I’m hoping for Jones since I picked him....Elliot is definitely due and Bowman qualified well. :thumbsup:

He's one of many talented 'young guns' :bc:

14 minutes ago, ckf said:

He's one of many talented 'young guns' :bc:

And from Michigan...lost his dad a few years ago as well....seems like a good kid. 

Hoping Jamie Mac doesn’t screw me tonight.....may go with Bowman or Kurt Busch instead.....going to Out Smails myself. :lol:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

And from Michigan...lost his dad a few years ago as well....seems like a good kid. 

Hoping Jamie Mac doesn’t screw me tonight.....may go with Bowman or Kurt Busch instead.....going to Out Smails myself. :lol:

I'd like to see Jamie Mac win one of these things :bc:

• Like 1