*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

NASCAR has a pole award sponsor again, and it is a familiar one.

Anheuser-Busch, which sponsored the award for 10 years before Coors Light took it over in 2008, has inked a multiyear deal to sponsor the pole award in NASCAR's national series.

The beer company will use the award to market Busch, which also serves as the sponsor of Stewart-Haas Racing's Kevin Harvick for 16 Cup series races.

Busch also gets "official beer" status as part of the deal (Busch had been the official beer of NASCAR from 1988-2007), and Busch liked the idea of being part of a celebratory moment again with the pole award.

• Like 2

On 11/03/2018 at 7:35 PM, ckf said:

you are only about 100 points behind me. You could make that up in four weeks.

I need to stop going against my initial picks....

Lowe's out on # 48 Jimmie Johnson  at Hendrick in 2019 ,http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2018/story/_/id/22764133/lowe-not-return-hendrick-2019   :read:   There has been unconfirmed rumors about this  since last fall . Will Lowe's pull out  , or jump to another team for less dollars spent ?   francecar is in a deep hole.

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, ckf said:

NASCAR has a pole award sponsor again, and it is a familiar one.

Anheuser-Busch, which sponsored the award for 10 years before Coors Light took it over in 2008, has inked a multiyear deal to sponsor the pole award in NASCAR's national series.

The beer company will use the award to market Busch, which also serves as the sponsor of Stewart-Haas Racing's Kevin Harvick for 16 Cup series races.

Busch also gets "official beer" status as part of the deal (Busch had been the official beer of NASCAR from 1988-2007), and Busch liked the idea of being part of a celebratory moment again with the pole award.

Nice....I wish they still sponsored The Busch Series.

1 hour ago, hwytohell said:

Lowe's out on # 48 Jimmie Johnson  at Hendrick in 2019 ,http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2018/story/_/id/22764133/lowe-not-return-hendrick-2019   :read:   There has been unconfirmed rumors about this  since last fall . Will Lowe's pull out  , or jump to another team for less dollars spent ?   francecar is in a deep hole.

That would be a big loss.

Phoenix post-race penalties announced

NASCAR released the Post-Event Penalty Report for ISM Raceway:

Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series ISM Raceway

Infraction Date: 3/11/2018 (post-race inspection)
Team: #9-Chase Elliott
Violation: Section 20.14.2 Rear Suspension I-4 Truck Trailing Arm Spacers/Pinion Angle Shims e.
Notes: 6. Truck trailing arm spacer / pinion angle shim mating surfaces must be planar and must be in complete contact with corresponding mating surfaces at all points and at all times.
Rule 12.5.2.6.2(c) applied to race finish as a post-race L1 infraction.
Penalty: Crew chief (Alan Gustafson) has been fined $50,000. Car chief (Josh Kirk) has been suspended for the next two Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Championship Points Events. Team has been assessed with the loss of 25 owner points and 25 driver points.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Violation: Section 20.14.2 Rear Suspension I-4 Truck Trailing Arm Spacers/Pinion Angle Shims e.
Notes: 6. Truck trailing arm spacer / pinion angle shim mating surfaces must be planar and must be in complete contact with corresponding mating surfaces at all points and at all times.
Penalty: Crew chief (Alan Gustafson) has been fined $50,000. Car chief (Josh Kirk) has been suspended for the next two Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Championship Points Events. Team has been assessed with the loss of 25 owner points and 25 driver points.

Godammit!!!!!

19 hours ago, ckf said:

When I read that I thought "Ya, big deal, won't change things much."

My Sawmill Racing went from finishing 34th to 19th on the week and from 38th in the season to 26th.

Endoftheroad didn't gain much but stepped up a few spots as well.

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

When I read that I thought "Ya, big deal, won't change things much."

My Sawmill Racing went from finishing 34th to 19th on the week and from 38th in the season to 26th.

Endoftheroad didn't gain much but stepped up a few spots as well.

I dropped back to 32nd :(