*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

Another sponsor bites the dust.

MillerCoors not renewing deal with NASCAR

UPDATE: NASCAR officially is in the hunt for a new beer sponsor, as MillerCoors will not renew Coors Light's deal as the official beer of the sanctioning body.

The sides were not able to come to an agreement to renew the deal that expires on Sunday despite last-ditch efforts by NASCAR in recent weeks to salvage some form of a pact. The sides confirmed the move Friday but declined to comment further.

Coors Light sponsored the pole award winner every week. Sister brand Miller Lite is remaining in the sport with an 11-race deal with Team Penske, meaning the company -- now owned fully by Molson Coors Brewing Co. -- is not exiting NASCAR as a whole.

It will be a challenge for NASCAR to find a large-scale beer partner to replace MillerCoors, as the marketplace has changed to focus on more micro and craft brews, while consolidation has also impacted sponsorship spending.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

Another sponsor bites the dust.

MillerCoors not renewing deal with NASCAR

UPDATE: NASCAR officially is in the hunt for a new beer sponsor, as MillerCoors will not renew Coors Light's deal as the official beer of the sanctioning body.

The sides were not able to come to an agreement to renew the deal that expires on Sunday despite last-ditch efforts by NASCAR in recent weeks to salvage some form of a pact. The sides confirmed the move Friday but declined to comment further.

Coors Light sponsored the pole award winner every week. Sister brand Miller Lite is remaining in the sport with an 11-race deal with Team Penske, meaning the company -- now owned fully by Molson Coors Brewing Co. -- is not exiting NASCAR as a whole.

It will be a challenge for NASCAR to find a large-scale beer partner to replace MillerCoors, as the marketplace has changed to focus on more micro and craft brews, while consolidation has also impacted sponsorship spending.

Old time racing is right around the corner hopefully.

2 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

Get rid of these stage races and the stupid playoff format.

I kind of like both things... But I think they should shorten the races and only allow so many tires and take some tech out of the cars....so the best drivers win...not the most money.

28 minutes ago, DAVE said:

I kind of like both things... But I think they should shorten the races and only allow so many tires and take some tech out of the cars....so the best drivers win...not the most money.

Shorten the races? for what the fans pay?

May as well go to the local short track then.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Shorten the races? for what the fans pay?

May as well go to the local short track then.

Much better racing there.

As for races being shorter....who wants to see a bunch of guys that have zero chance of winning coasting around a track for 500 miles? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2strokemerc said:

Get rid of these stage races and the stupid playoff format.

And when a team is caught cheating , park them on pit road for all to see.

Edited by hwytohell
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Make the last 10 or 15 laps have to be green. If a yellow drops at lap 9 it should stay lap 9 till the green drops again. These green white checkered finishes suck. 

I like that idea.

6 hours ago, hwytohell said:

And when a team is caught cheating , park them on pit road for all to see.

I remember an article in Winston Cup Scene years ago. It was some of the stuff Beatty had seized over the years. The 'creative engineering' was pretty surprising. If a team is blatantly cheating (out of specs or illegal mat'l) I can see them being penalized. But the whole idea of the team coming up w/ something that NASCAR doesn't specifically prohibit (until it is found) sucks. If the dimensions are so tight that teams can't play, they may as well have them race IROCs. NASCAR tossed a JJ car during inspection because it was 'legal but too close' to the tolerance. WTF?

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 minutes ago, ckf said:

image.png

I gave 5 tickets out for Christmas and they gave me one back so I guess I’m going to my first Daytona race.

They are all excited to go. I’d probably stay home and watch it on TV given a choice but wth, might as well see it live once.

• Like 2

Got this email from Andrew a few minutes ago. It would be nice to see more FreedomSledder Nascar fans join in the fun this year :bc:

Happy New Year!

We’re probably 2 weeks or less away until the pool will be ready to go for the 2018 season! Going to expand the payout to the top 5 finishing positions and other payouts since the pool has grown to 89 entries, looking to break the 100 team mark this season. 

Any other suggestions or comments, let me know.

47 days until Daytona!

Thanks,

Andrew

image.png
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The off-season in NASCAR really flys by! 

It's pretty short compared to most sports. Pretty much just December & January without any on track action.

11 minutes ago, Legend said:

@Jimmy Snacks

http://www.packersnews.com/story/entertainment/2018/01/02/report-aaron-rodgers-danica-patrick-spotted-dinner-date/997804001/

I know you think he's a faggot, but good on him if he can get a fuck or two outta her before he hopefully wises up.....

For some reason I thought she was a Bears fan. I didn't realize she was from  Wisconsin.

Edit: Yep, Bears fan. WTF is she doing with Aaron :lol:

Green+Bay+Packers+v+Chicago+Bears+552B8g

Edited by ckf

7 minutes ago, ckf said:

For some reason I thought she was a Bears fan. I didn't realize she was from  Wisconsin.

Edit: Yep, Bears fan. WTF is she doing with Aaron :lol:

Green+Bay+Packers+v+Chicago+Bears+552B8g

Im just glad shes not in Nascar anymore.