*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

Didn't that kid have dope in his system? Maybe that clouded his judgement. The fact he got out of his car ran down the track makes him just as guilty as Stewart. I think they are both to blame equally, just too bad the kid was killed.

1 minute ago, 2strokemerc said:

Didn't that kid have dope in his system? Maybe that clouded his judgement. The fact he got out of his car ran down the track makes him just as guilty as Stewart. I think they are both to blame equally, just too bad the kid was killed.

I disagree...it was the kids fault only.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I don't know.

It happened at Canandaigua Speedway near the finger lakes in New York....I saw a backstretch flagger get killed there about 16 yrs ago...heturned his back before the whole field went by him...sure enough a car veered to the left and ran him over.

sprint cars want to turn right when you back out of it, i think thats why you hear tony throttle up to steer the car to the left causing the back to swing out to the right

1 minute ago, toslow said:

sprint cars want to turn right when you back out of it, i think thats why you hear tony throttle up to steer the car to the left causing the back to swing out to the right

Smh

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, toslow said:

Have to agree with Dave here. I see the rear tires tracking to the right of the fronts until Tony hits the throttle. Then the tires follow the same track meaning the rears come to the left.

I still think he acted to avoid the kid but the only person who truely knows is Tony.

Just now, Blackstar said:

Have to agree with Dave here. I see the rear tires tracking to the right of the fronts until Tony hits the throttle. Then the tires follow the same track meaning the rears come to the left.

I still think he acted to avoid the kid but the only person who truely knows is Tony.

i in no way think tony would do this intentionally, was an accident for sure. just saying tony has been known to have a temper and pull some stupid shit on the track

I have never driven a dirt sprint car,  from what I understand about them is that they are a driven in a controlled slide , using the throttle input to  load and unload the chassis  for steering. They are in most cases direct drive with a locked quick change rear axle, with staggered tire sizes left an right. The late Kevin Ward  was a racer and aware of the risks. I would bet that he and his family were told never to leave the drivers seat of a race vehicle until the track safety crew arrives for aid, unless there is fire present. Other tracks around the USA are watching this case , without track insurance coverage or waiver of liability  many tracks will close up. Money , guns an lawyers.

• Thanks 1