*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member

4th biggest loser for the week. Down to 59th.

Geesus.

Kurt Busch was 7th on the restart, finishes 25th. Logano runs great all day then hits the wall, 31th.

Jr ends up my best finisher with a 14th, he sucked shit all day and the team never got the car right. He sits 23rd in points. I know its still early but they are obviously a bit off track there.

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Geesus.

Kurt Busch was 7th on the restart, finishes 25th. Logano runs great all day then hits the wall, 31th.

Jr ends up my best finisher with a 14th, he sucked shit all day and the team never got the car right. He sits 23rd in points. I know its still early but they are obviously a bit off track there.

Its early...i was almost in last around this time last yr and finished 3rd overall.

7 minutes ago, Dave said:

Its early...i was almost in last around this time last yr and finished 3rd overall.

I get that.

And as the season goes on you will use up your 5 repeat picks. It will change things up.

This would have been a good week to pick Stenhouse, Suarez or Jones.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

I get that.

And as the season goes on you will use up your 5 repeat picks. It will change things up.

This would have been a good week to pick Stenhouse, Suarez or Jones.

I picked jones...but was gunshy on suarez.....i didnt pick stenhouse once last yr nor danica... :lol:

1 hour ago, Dave said:

I picked jones...but was gunshy on suarez.....i didnt pick stenhouse once last yr nor danica... :lol:

It's so perfect that they are a couple. :lol:

• Like 1

On 3/18/2017 at 9:00 PM, Biggie Smails said:

Jamie Mac, Larson and Bad Brad for tomorrow. :bc:

Keselowski failed post race inspection.....wonder how many points that will cost.:groin:

14 hours ago, Dave said:

beauty of only being able to use drivers so many times is it should eve itself out when guys are having to throw Danica in as a pick cause they are out of real ones.  

• Like 2

Charlotte motor speedway removing more seats, http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2017/story/_/id/18961398/charlotte-motor-speedway-removing-more-seats      francecar / nhra has priced themselves out of reach , along with stick , ball , an jockstrap events, the under 35 crowd could give a hoot .

UPDATE: The #2 team of Brad Keselowski has be assessed an L1 penalty following Phoenix Raceway. Crew chief (Paul Wolfe) has been fined $65,000 and suspended from the next three Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series points events. Team has been assessed with the loss of 35 driver and 35 team owner points. The penalty was assessed for violation of: Sections 20.17.3.1.2 Post-Race General Inspection Measurements. Note: Race finish is encumbered per Section 12.10 Encumbered Race Finishes. Failed the post-race rear wheel steer on the LIS.

In addition, the #4 team of Kevin Harvick has been assessed an L1 penalty for violation of: Sections 20.3.3.3 I-4 Track Bar Mount and Supports Note: Race finish is encumbered per Section 12.10 Encumbered Race Finishes. Track bar slider assembly not approved. Crew chief (Rodney Childers) has been fined $25,000 and suspended from the next Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series points event. Team has been assessed with the loss of 10 driver and 10 team owner points.

13 minutes ago, ckf said:

UPDATE: The #2 team of Brad Keselowski has be assessed an L1 penalty following Phoenix Raceway. Crew chief (Paul Wolfe) has been fined $65,000 and suspended from the next three Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series points events. Team has been assessed with the loss of 35 driver and 35 team owner points. The penalty was assessed for violation of: Sections 20.17.3.1.2 Post-Race General Inspection Measurements. Note: Race finish is encumbered per Section 12.10 Encumbered Race Finishes. Failed the post-race rear wheel steer on the LIS.

In addition, the #4 team of Kevin Harvick has been assessed an L1 penalty for violation of: Sections 20.3.3.3 I-4 Track Bar Mount and Supports Note: Race finish is encumbered per Section 12.10 Encumbered Race Finishes. Track bar slider assembly not approved. Crew chief (Rodney Childers) has been fined $25,000 and suspended from the next Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series points event. Team has been assessed with the loss of 10 driver and 10 team owner points.

Puts them: 1 Larson, 2 Elliot, 3 Truex, 4 Keselowski  in points

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ckf said:

They need to quit it with the fines and just starting DQ'ing guys if they fail post race tech, like the short tracks do.  

• Like 2

I think there are too many fucking rules in NASCAR...they might as well just turn it into a series like the old IROC....just gives the teams identical cars for fucks sake.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I think there are too many fucking rules in NASCAR...they might as well just turn it into a series like the old IROC....just gives the teams identical cars for fucks sake.

You're just pissed because you lost points in the pool :news:

48 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Anyone know where I could find a Cup or Truck Series rule book?  One rule book I follow is 18 pages total, including the frame measurement page and body spec page. 

27 minutes ago, ckf said:

You're just pissed because you lost points in the pool :news:

Now John how could you say such a thing...my comments are not self serving and were made with only the noblest of intentions! :nose:

• Like 2

On 3/19/2017 at 8:26 PM, Blackstar said:

Geesus.

After the penalties I'm the 5th biggest loser and get back 7 spots. 52 on the list.

Feels much better. ...lol

• Like 1

FONTANA, Calif. -- Dale Earnhardt Jr. has had talks to have actual talks about remaining at Hendrick Motorsports beyond this Monster Energy Cup Series season.

Earnhardt, whose contract ends after 2017, had put contract negotiations on hold after suffering a concussion that kept him out of the car for the final 18 races of 2016.

In February, Earnhardt had said he wanted to take some time, possibly a couple of months, to see how he felt before resuming negotiations. The 2016 concussion was his fourth known concussion in his career.

Earnhardt joined Hendrick Motorsports in 2008. After four points races, he is 23rd in the standings but says he is happy with his health and wants to continue to race.

"It's only been a few races, but I feel really good and we have had some discussions about planning to get together," Earnhardt said. "It's not something that I put on the shelf, for sure. We're getting closer and closer.

Having felt fine over the first five weeks of racing, Earnhardt says he has talked with Rick Hendrick about sitting down and discussing his future. He is confident that the changes in the headrest to his car, which limits his head movement, will help if he has another hard crash.

"I've done some things that I really think have gave me a lot of confidence in the car and in my ability to continue to race," Earnhardt said. "I'm not in any hurry to sit down and have those discussions, but we have been chit-chatting a little bit about that we need to go ahead and start heading in that direction."

Earnhardt isn't the only Hendrick driver without a contract for 2018. Seven-time Cup champion Jimmie Johnson also hasn't signed an extension that he plans to finalize eventually.

"We are always talking and working on the details," said Johnson, who has spent his entire career at Hendrick. "We don't have anything ready yet, but I'm sure we will announce before long. As you can tell, I'm not overly concerned.

"I feel very confident we will get something put together with Lowe's as our primary sponsor. Hendrick is my home, so I'm not worried about where that stuff will actually be executed and what point in the season it will be executed, but I know it will happen soon."

Earnhardt said before the start of the Cup season that he would retire if he won the championship.