Favorite Snowmobiling Pics

21 hours ago, washedupmxer said:

Ya that picture was from the snow girls gone wild right? I was there, what a weekend. I had a hang over for a week after..........

Correct, Not sure the Sands has ever been the same.  Had my appendix out just prior to the trip after a 10 day hospital stay so the sleds stayed home and we went up to get away rather than cancel.  The first night up we went to the bar at the end of the hotel and it was pretty empty, they were making drinks like gasoline.  It was like a game of pinball going down the hall to the total opposite end of the hotel.  Good Times!  I would be neat to organize another group outing like AOHL or SSGW.

2 hours ago, ARTIE KATZ said:

Correct, Not sure the Sands has ever been the same.  Had my appendix out just prior to the trip after a 10 day hospital stay so the sleds stayed home and we went up to get away rather than cancel.  The first night up we went to the bar at the end of the hotel and it was pretty empty, they were making drinks like gasoline.  It was like a game of pinball going down the hall to the total opposite end of the hotel.  Good Times!  I would be neat to organize another group outing like AOHL or SSGW.

I have stories from that weekend that would raise the hair on your head 

1 hour ago, washedupmxer said:

I have stories from that weekend that would raise the hair on your head 

Not much hair left to raise!   Got to meet a few HCS'rs that weekend.  I remember something about a kiddie pool in the bar later that weekend?????

Here is another I found.   I think that is the back half of my Yukon in the pic.

SGGW CADDY 2008 REAR LOT.jpg

• 5 years later...
14 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

What’s the big tower thing used for?

Opened in 1904, the Plummer Mine shaft angles downward from the headframe following a vein of ore into the earth to a depth of 2,367 feet. The Plummer Mine closed in 1924 and is the last such headframe standing in Wisconsin. From an engine house, cables ran up over the wheels at the top of the headframe and were attached to elevator cars, lowering miners and equipment underground and pulling ore cars back to the surface.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Opened in 1904, the Plummer Mine shaft angles downward from the headframe following a vein of ore into the earth to a depth of 2,367 feet. The Plummer Mine closed in 1924 and is the last such headframe standing in Wisconsin. From an engine house, cables ran up over the wheels at the top of the headframe and were attached to elevator cars, lowering miners and equipment underground and pulling ore cars back to the surface.

Thanks 👍 I’ve been watching random videos about old mines out west have to look up this one.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...