GM decimates the competition in Texas truck showdown

Rod

I'm comfortable in a GM,  interior layout works for me,  yes there are engine combos better but i found the ford uncomfortable so it came down to Ram and GM when i bought my 14.  Today it might be different as I like but don't love it but then brand loyalty won out.  I'd really like my next truck to be a 2007 Silverado classic ext cab LT Z71 with under 100k on it that I'd let my kids drive except when i need a truck.  there was no more comfortable of a truck interior than those leather buckets in that gen,  the 5.3 at that point was pretty bulletproof and I don't really need to drive a 16mpg vehicle for 20k miles a year

10 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

I'm comfortable in a GM,  interior layout works for me,  yes there are engine combos better but i found the ford uncomfortable so it came down to Ram and GM when i bought my 14.  Today it might be different as I like but don't love it but then brand loyalty won out.  I'd really like my next truck to be a 2007 Silverado classic ext cab LT Z71 with under 100k on it that I'd let my kids drive except when i need a truck.  there was no more comfortable of a truck interior than those leather buckets in that gen,  the 5.3 at that point was pretty bulletproof and I don't really need to drive a 16mpg vehicle for 20k miles a year

Agreed on all points. I kind of miss my 04 Tahoe too. My new truck outperforms it on all levels except for seat comfort.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

:lol::lmao: 

:lol: 

Modified Pontiac Aztek  :lol::lmao: 

Its a government motor truck funded by the taxpayers...  Its a concept the US govt paid GM millions to build.

5 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Its a government motor truck funded by the taxpayers...  Its a concept the US govt paid GM millions to build.

no wonder it looks completely worthless .I think the  Subaru  Brat had a bigger box .  

Just now, BOHICA said:

Hydrogen powered truck...  Army dumped a bunch of money in it.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/a23195/general-motors-hydrogen-powered-truck/

well team America fuck ya . nothing like  a Hydrogen powered truck to use in the desert . lots of hydrogen plants out there.

and correct me if I am off base but is not almost all hydrogen produced from the evil fossil fuel .

On January 6, 2017 at 10:09 PM, Sludgey said:

So the Ford is heavily updated with new tech but it's old tech. So since the 6.2 destroys it then what you're saying is it will continue to do so. Got it

Lol. Comparing a 6.2 to a 3.5 and they are less than a second apart. Obviously GM propaganda since they didn't have the balls to compare the GM to the Ford Raptor. Give it up sludgy nobody in their right mind gives a crap about one truck being less than a second faster in the quarter mile. There's a whole lot of other things a lot more important when deciding what to buy 

10 hours ago, BOHICA said:

They must have not trusted Ford to build them one....not surprised.

4 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Just because you only take your truck through the drive through?:lol2:

image.jpg

There is a lot of things wrong with that picture...first off, there is no way that Mickey D's should sit at a more prominent position than Taco Bell.  

TB FTMFW!!

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

There is a lot of things wrong with that picture...first off, there is no way that Mickey D's should sit at a more prominent position than Taco Bell.  

TB FTMFW!!

I'm just glad Momo got to the beach once this year.

• Gold Member

2018 Ford has a new base v6, updated gen 2 2.7 ecoboost, more powah from the 5.0, still has a the class leading 3.5 ecoboost as they are in 2017, and an all new in house designed diesel all for the new 2018 F150

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2017/01/08/ford-redesigns-its-best-selling-f-150-pickup-2018/96311094/

4 hours ago, Dave said:

They must have not trusted Ford to build them one....not surprised.

hell no why would the US government want to spend money on a corp who still build trucks in the USA ? that is crazy talk . just like why would we want cop cars built by a company not headquartered  in Italy . no one ever accused government of making choices good for the country  

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

TB FTMFW!!

where do u think he put the sonic tat :junk: not that he has seen it in yrs