GM decimates the competition in Texas truck showdown

Rod

3 minutes ago, Sludgey said:

Because it's a turd

C'mon, Sludgey, everyone who owns/owned a 5.3 knows they are nothing but a turd, and knowing that, one would also know your little link at the start of this post, if remotely true at all, would have been paid for by GM.

My supervisor just took all 3 manu's trucks for a test drive, as he is in the market, and he repeatedly stated how much of a dog the GM and the 5.3 was. He plans on pulling a trailer with his son's moto X bikes in stated the GM he took for a test drive could barely pull itself.

Some_Really_Effective_Advertising.jpg

35 minutes ago, irv said:

C'mon, Sludgey, everyone who owns/owned a 5.3 knows they are nothing but a turd, and knowing that, one would also know your little link at the start of this post, if remotely true at all, would have been paid for by GM.

My supervisor just took all 3 manu's trucks for a test drive, as he is in the market, and he repeatedly stated how much of a dog the GM and the 5.3 was. He plans on pulling a trailer with his son's moto X bikes in stated the GM he took for a test drive could barely pull itself.

Hard to believe, 10 million people are swapping a 5.3 into everything 

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

If you've ever found yourself at the receiving end of a shit talking contest, well...you know.....:lol:

Wow, that is now his bitch.

How about this one, gotta hurt the stang pride.

1 hour ago, irv said:

Turd but smokes the ram and toyotah somehow. So what's the real turd?

The 5.3 is a turd.

NO Torque still  - Fucking terrible throttle response - i've had my 2015 looked at for the Slow throttle response and all they do is give me a copy of a bulletin and say its "Normal" - transmission shifts turtle slow....should i continue?  Looks like i should have gone 6.2 - doesn't it require Premium Fuel ? 

This has been my 6th 5.3 in a GM Truck....hopefully my last.

Wow - this article is a year old.  Hmmm   

• Like 1

• Gold Member
12 hours ago, Sludgey said:

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2016/01/texas-truck-showdown-2016-acceleration.html

6.2 beat everything, which isn't surprising. What is surprising though is how well the 5.3 did.

6.2 is such a rocket now it hit the speed limiter 100' before the finish line wtf

wonder when they are going to test the 2017's since this is an old comparison

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MSAREV said:

The 5.3 is a turd.

NO Torque still  - Fucking terrible throttle response - i've had my 2015 looked at for the Slow throttle response and all they do is give me a copy of a bulletin and say its "Normal" - transmission shifts turtle slow....should i continue?  Looks like i should have gone 6.2 - doesn't it require Premium Fuel ? 

This has been my 6th 5.3 in a GM Truck....hopefully my last.

Wow - this article is a year old.  Hmmm   

Imagine how lazy the hemi is then

• Gold Member
Just now, Sludgey said:

What's different?

2017 to 2016???  Nissan has an all new 1/2 ton motor, truck and transmission.  Ford has the new Ford designed 10 speed vs 6 speed in their trucks, a power increase with all new gen 2 ecoboost 3.5.....

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

2017 to 2016???  Nissan has an all new 1/2 ton motor, truck and transmission.  Ford has the new Ford designed 10 speed vs 6 speed in their trucks, a power increase with all new gen 2 ecoboost 3.5.....

So really nothing to make up the big gap

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Who buys a truck based on it being able to accelerate a fraction of a second faster than another over a 1/4 mile. Nobody I know of.

They did loaded and unloaded tests. 

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Sludgey said:

So really nothing to make up the big gap

lol.  the 8 speed 6.2 was a huge impovement over the 6 speed 6.2 GM....  new 3.5 eco has 470 ftlbs and the 6.2 GM can't keep up with a 2.7 eco as posted in this thread.  The 2017 raptor is faster then the GM 6.2 with the new 3.5 and the 10 speed.

the 6 speed 6.2 fails at towing vs the 8 speed 6.2

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

lol.  the 8 speed 6.2 was a huge impovement over the 6 speed 6.2 GM....  new 3.5 eco has 470 ftlbs and the 6.2 GM can't keep up with a 2.7 eco as posted in this thread.  The 2017 raptor is faster then the GM 6.2 with the new 3.5 and the 10 speed.

the 6 speed 6.2 fails at towing vs the 8 speed 6.2

See the OP.  6.2 decimates the competition. The rest are running with the 5.3