Ford Motor cancels $ 1.6 billion mexican plant , Will expand and invest in Flat Rock MI plant

This is bad.  Very bad.  Super terrific bad.  Horrible news.  Somebody is gonna have to pay.

Not sure why...but the liberals can chime in with all the minute little insignificant details to let us all know how bad this really is.

:news:

• Like 1

Good PR move for Ford. I honestly didn't think Trumps rhetoric could influence these guys. I was wrong. I think putting the screws to Ford publicly has made a difference. Awesome.

34 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Gonna watch Maddow tonight to see how screwed this nation is because of this.  She knows.  Plus, I enjoy being lectured to like I am a second grader...WIN! :lol:

Wow how can you stand watching that fucking bullshit :nuts: 

51 minutes ago, Legend said:

Cars aren't going to get any cheaper paying for union wages vs mexican wages.....haha

8-9 years ago, my dippy ex just had to have a dodge SX2 (fucking neon) "they're so cute". stupid twat, but her money

we go to the dealer and there is a row of the shitboxes. some made stateside, some made mexican. i asked the salesman why the mexican ones weren't cheaper, seein that the beaners were making so much less than the working living wage the yanks were. looked at me like i had three heads

2 minutes ago, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

8-9 years ago, my dippy ex just had to have a dodge SX2 (fucking neon) "they're so cute". stupid twat, but her money

we go to the dealer and there is a row of the shitboxes. some made stateside, some made mexican. i asked the salesman why the mexican ones weren't cheaper, seein that the beaners were making so much less than the working living wage the yanks were. looked at me like i had three heads

The assemble labour cost is probably something like 3% of the total vehicle cost which could be eaten up anywhere :dunno: 

48 minutes ago, Momorider said:

I just flip to that shit for some comic relief during commercials.  It's AMAZING anyone watches her at all thinking her trash is anything but liberal crap agenda.  And her conclusions on shit is ASTONISHINGLY incorrect.

48 minutes ago, Momorider said:

I just flip to that shit for some comic relief.  It's AMAZING anyone watches her at all thinking her trash is anything but liberal crap agenda.  And her conclusions on shit is ASTONISHINGLY incorrect.

But that's what the lefties want and need.

1 hour ago, Momorider said:

The assemble labour cost is probably something like 3% of the total vehicle cost which could be eaten up anywhere :dunno: 

Then why would they have planned to spend $1.6 BILLION to move the plant to Mexico. They have to save a lot more than 3% of the labor to ever get that back.

Can't be real estate cost, land is practically free in Detroit these days. Fact is, my guess is that Ford already owns plenty of land that they can use.